Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you personally approve of interracial marriages?
Approve 190 87.96%
Disapprove 23 10.65%
Not sure 3 1.39%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 12:59 PM

44,375 posts, read 20,083,252 times

Advertisements

Interracial marriages don't bother me at all. I grew up in an area where they have become quite common, so to me they're nothing new.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:01 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,276,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
But after messing with these girls for a year, I'm going to go to India and find myself an awesome chick who looks like Nauheed Cyrusi or something

She will perfectly understand me, will have the same outlook about family and way of life and it will be a lifelong marriage, will be a strict mother to our kids, where I won't have to worry about a divorce, won't have to tremble about my relationship with my mother, won't have to have nightmares about my wealth getting shredded into half, pay a fortune in alimony and beg her to practice my faith etc., and last but not least, show at least an ounce of concern when her husband's finger gets jammed while locking a moving truck. Wisdom has reached my head, finally
That didn't work out so well for [URL="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433416/"]Gogol[/URL].

Old 09-12-2011, 01:02 PM

861 posts, read 1,125,128 times
why are people still talking about this?????? Whether people approve or disapprove there's still going to be interracial marriages soooooo

Old 09-12-2011, 01:05 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,713,493 times
Even better the Supreme Court approves of them. Having lived through several years of """States Rights""" where my marriage was legal in one state and illegal in another these threads about who has the right to marry who sicken me

Old 09-12-2011, 01:05 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,062,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
A B.S. cop out for people who are not comfortable with interracial dating.
Probably a Stormfront member. A lot of these people come up with various excuses to discourage others from marrying out.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:11 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,739,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
So is brown on brown. I know.
No two people are automatically compatible. That's life. That said, one cannot begin life and bridge a bond on a platform where there is everything except common ground. Two cultures can not mix. Becoz one never understands the other. That's part and parcel of an interracial relationship.

I quickly went on to okcupid, match and catholicmatch. Suddenly I was on dates with diverse women, all of whom look great, dress great putting their cleavages on my face and it would be fun to play every one of them.

Then I paused and asked myself, "I just got out of a mentally cathartic interracial relationship, and I am signing up for another?". What got me thinking was the movie wall street. The film opens and Shia says a line, "What is insanity? Doing the same thing again and expecting a different result"

My peer asked me to come to his second kid's birthday party. So I went to Jersey, after the party, late, as usual, coz I was lost. He's an immigrant as I am. 4 bedroom house in Jersey, two garages, adorable kids, wife brings me snacks, biscuits and coffee and implores me to stay for dinner and leave in the morning. He lives a royal life and the ticker - he makes less money than I do, and his family wasn't at the same social level as mine was. We're from the same town.

Like putting salt on my wounds, while I was leaving the family was packing the car to go to some theme park in Jersey the following morning. Now why am I not having that life when I am more than capable of having it. So what did I do wrong that he did right? Poor life choices. Bad judgement.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:15 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,633,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Anybody who has children runs the risk of having their child bullied. Should we stop all people from reproducing??

For me I'll lay blame squarely where it belongs, on the bullies and their parents.
Like the other responders you're missing the point, but I see the lay of the land here so I'll withdraw.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:15 PM

73,067 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I really don't know anyone who's been bullied over being interracial. My cousin is 13 and he's never had any problems. My best friend and her three sisters are interracial too, and they've never dealt with any racism.
I knew a guy who grew up in Alabama. He was mixed race and he often got bullied by both Blacks and Whites.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:17 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,739,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Is this a joke. Actually he grew up in Hawaii, he only lived in asia for four years(ages 6-10) nice try though. As far as your perfect Indian pride I hope you plan on living in India with her, because once she comes here and learns the American culture she'll be just like all the american women you despise.
I'm a pretty metro-sexual dude myself. I'd be happy if she adopts American culture and takes care of herself in fashion and beauty. But at the core, inherently, once a musketeer always a musketeer

American women are great. They are hot. They are nice. They are sweet. I just don't think I want to put myself into the risk of marrying one, and divorce her in 20 years losing half of what I painfully accumulated. Becoz trust me, my accumulation has already begun.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:24 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,632,456 times
Things have improved dramatically in a half century as far as attitudes regarding race are concerned. When I was in high school in the 60's it was still illegal in about 19 states for a black and white partner to get married. I also live in the South and it's common in the bigger cities like Nashville where I am so see interracial couples and no one seems to pay any attention at all. I've even seen gay couples in the downtown area of Nashville where all of the clubs are located and nobody batted an eye. As far as the children of mixed race parents are concerned they are becoming very common and don't forget, our own President happens to be one of them and it's not even an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships