Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 07:26 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times

Advertisements

We don't talk during the workday unless there is some sort of emergency (even then, it's more likely to be e=mail, because we both usually have our phones off at work)...I'm a teacher, I can't/don't take or make personal calls during the day unless there is a true emergency, and I can't even imagine texting back and forth during the workday for no real reason.

We live together, and we don't usually talk in between leaving in the a.m. and coming home in the late afternoon. The exception would be if one of us calls the other if we've stopped at the grocery store to ask what the other would like us to pick up for dinner.

My SO travels occasionally for work (maybe a week or two each year), and when he is gone, we usually do a nightly phone call.

We started out long distance, and due to being 500 miles apart, we talked on the phone/online often...since moving in together four years ago, we rarely go back to it since we don't have to anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 07:36 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,965 times
He sometimes call me when he's at work, but this happens rarely. He can call me because I'm self-employed, but I won't call him just in case he's too busy or with his boss.

When we're apart from each other (one of us -likely he- travelling on business or -either of us- visiting friends/family), several calls during the day, including one just before going to sleep.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:58 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,846,635 times
I call my husband twice a day, and talk via text messages in between. If he is traveling, and I'm unable to go with him, we communicate via text messages, and "see" each other via messenger after his work. I always call him before going to sleep when he's traveling.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:07 PM

2,061 posts, read 1,958,834 times
We text pretty often since we got our I Phones 3 years ago. He can text me while he is in a long meeting, where he could not call. We use little symbols all along, like the car when he is on his way home, or funny face frogs just to say "hi, I'm thinking about you." We have even gotten into what young people call Sexting. When either of us is traveling without the other, we always text or call to let the other know we arrived at our destination, and before bed at night. As others have said, sometimes the time difference can make it hard, but with texting, at least it is there for us to read when we wake up. He always wakes me up to say goodbye when he goes to work. Can't wait for the I Phone 5 and better camera.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:16 PM

5,059 posts, read 7,502,821 times
I call my wife every day at lunch time, i work 8am to 6pm monday to friday, my wifes an RN and gets varied shifts, but normally ends up working the 3.30pm to 11.30 pm shift

Thoes 5 minutes phone calls are normally the only chance we have at converstaion during the week.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:04 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Numerous times during the day with the ex. I like keeping communication going

Old 09-21-2011, 06:10 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,837 times
We live together, and usually we talk on my way to work, and text ALOT during the day/night(depends on his shifts) and he calls about 4 times a day, usually. Text consists of whats going on, our thoughts about daily things and sometimes "other" topics...

We talk alot.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:14 AM

356 posts, read 830,009 times
Depends on how bad of a work day it is. We see eachother daily, don't live together but he spends most of his time at my apt so if its been a day from hell we'll talk on the phone, but under normal circumstances we will text back and forth midday making plans for the evening, etc.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:26 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
If we're just at work, then very rarely.
Maybe a text once a day to say hi, or if there is any significant change in plan.

If we're apart for longer, then we try to make a point of talking for a bit before we each head to bed.

Recently we were apart for 3 months while she got her new job started off, we tried to talk once a day, and would chat via webcam a coiuple times a week.

I don't mind how often we talk, but she finds excessive contact a little intrusive, especially if she's busy, so largely I just leave her to get on with it !

Old 09-21-2011, 06:37 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
We've been together over 25 years and have separate interests but we talk each morning and evening unless he's out of cell range, and usually at least twice during the day just to "check in." Some conversations are more lengthy than others, but we care about each other and keep in touch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships