Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 01:34 PM

31,068 posts, read 22,086,243 times

Advertisements

I went out on a date last night. I have Known her for a while but did not have her number until last week, friend of friend. We exchanged a couple of generic texts since last week, late yesterday I asked her if she wanted to grab dinner last night. She said she wasn't busy and her son was with her Ex so the timing was perfect. I picked her up about 45 minutes later and we headed out to a restaurant by her place.

I'm not sure how far we went into out initial conversation before I realized that she seemed to want to start an arguement on every topic that came up. It went like this: Me "I saw Silver Lining Playbook last year and liked it" Her "That has to be the most over rated movie Ive seen in years". Me "the blue water in the pond in front of the restaurant looked fantastic: Her "I think it smelled bad and it was green". Every attempt I made at starting a topic was met with an opposing view, even on the most mundane topic. It was all so awkward! Fortunatley, dinner was served quickly and we finshed just as quickly. I dropped her off back at her place, gave her a superficial hug and was back to my place in no time. whole thing lasted maybe an hour and fifteen minutes. Thank goodness it was over quickly!

I have been on more than my fair share of so so dates in the last year but not one where the other person was apparently trying to sabotage what should have been a nice evening.

Could I have just caught her in a bad mood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 01:38 PM

2,349 posts, read 5,436,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Every attempt I made at starting a topic was met with an opposing view, even on the most mundane topic.
You'll probably marry her.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:43 PM

11,797 posts, read 12,035,581 times
IMO, if I was in a bad mood, and was asked on a spontaneous date, I'd certainly slap on a happy face and go have a nice time.

That sounds like more than a bad mood, that sounds like someone who enjoys being contrary.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:43 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Either:
Bad Mood
PMS (extreme)
or just a nasty person in general.

Bottom line, if this is her first date, then you probably know what you need to know. There is someone for everyone, and she'll find her match, but it doesn't sound like you're it. (Lucky you found out early)

EDIT: I know I'll probably get flamed for the PMS comment, but most women I know, you can't tell. If that is her way of dealing with it, it really falls back to "nasty person in general".

Old 09-05-2013, 01:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
PMS or a Cancer.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:45 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
If I were in that bad of a mood I would have declined the date. Has she behaved like this before, you said you have known her for awhile.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:46 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
I definitely wouldn't stick around to find out what was the cause!

Old 09-05-2013, 01:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
He told her he wanted a threesome with Jessica Alba.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:50 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
I went out on a date last night. I have Known her for a while but did not have her number until last week, friend of friend. We exchanged a couple of generic texts since last week, late yesterday I asked her if she wanted to grab dinner last night. She said she wasn't busy and her son was with her Ex so the timing was perfect. I picked her up about 45 minutes later and we headed out to a restaurant by her place.

I'm not sure how far we went into out initial conversation before I realized that she seemed to want to start an arguement on every topic that came up. It went like this: Me "I saw Silver Lining Playbook last year and liked it" Her "That has to be the most over rated movie Ive seen in years". Me "the blue water in the pond in front of the restaurant looked fantastic: Her "I think it smelled bad and it was green". Every attempt I made at starting a topic was met with an opposing view, even on the most mundane topic. It was all so awkward! Fortunatley, dinner was served quickly and we finshed just as quickly. I dropped her off back at her place, gave her a superficial hug and was back to my place in no time. whole thing lasted maybe an hour and fifteen minutes. Thank goodness it was over quickly!

I have been on more than my fair share of so so dates in the last year but not one where the other person was apparently trying to sabotage what should have been a nice evening.

Who cares if it was just a bad mood... Avoid her like the plague!!!

Old 09-05-2013, 01:51 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:

Possibly.

But why didn't you just ask her?

She was already being rude to you so what did you have to lose by just coming out and saying, "is there something else going on with you today? Did you maybe have a bad day?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships