Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 04:23 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Kinda. If you are a visual person and detail oriented.
I don't know if it's a matter of being detailed oriented, tho, perhaps. I'm learning, via this forum, to take little for granted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 11:37 PM

143 posts, read 540,715 times
Attraction for me is chemical/biological. There are certain men that I just want to kiss, cuddle, and have sex with. They are rare. I would say that I only feel this way toward 5% of men out there. The other 95% are friends. I know men hate being in the friend zone but don't take it personally. You can't fake feeling attracted to someone. Some women will like your chemical cocktail; most won't. Find the ones who do.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:48 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,811,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
I don't think the Pickup Artist stuff works for the audience it's intended for. I think if you are a guy who does OK, then using some of the stuff can help you get more women. But then again, that same guy could probably get more women just by putting himself out there more.

For the audience that it's geared for (very unsuccessful guys), I don't think it helps much at all. In fact, it might very well get your a@@ kicked or get you fired from your job.
According to their forum it has worked.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug11768 View Post
Attraction for me is chemical/biological. There are certain men that I just want to kiss, cuddle, and have sex with. They are rare. I would say that I only feel this way toward 5% of men out there. The other 95% are friends. I know men hate being in the friend zone but don't take it personally. You can't fake feeling attracted to someone. Some women will like your chemical cocktail; most won't. Find the ones who do.

So what kind are the 5%?

Old 10-09-2011, 01:35 AM

Quote:
So what kind are the 5%?
The 5% varies from woman to woman. There is no set group of guys who are "the 5%". My attraction is different than the woman standing next to me and the woman standing next to her.

Find the women for who you are the 5% and stop obsessing about getting out of the "friend zone" with a certain woman your stuck on.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug11768 View Post
The 5% varies from woman to woman. There is no set group of guys who are "the 5%". My attraction is different than the woman standing next to me and the woman standing next to her.

Find the women for who you are the 5% and stop obsessing about getting out of the "friend zone" with a certain woman your stuck on.
Describe your 5%. I am not worried about 'friend zone'. Its either she likes me or she does not.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:52 AM

109 posts, read 126,304 times
+ pleasant appearance (handsome is always welcome, but clean and fit is good enough)
+ sense of humor (make her laugh and you'll go places)
+ gentleman (chivalry never left the bldg!)
+ stable job (shows responsibility; should be able to provide)
+ knows how to fix stuff (such a masculine trait)
+ likes or is comfortable around kids (he'll make a good father)
+ treats people well (shows the kind of person he is)
+ knows how to balance work and play
+ has friends, but does not live for them
+ someone who can talk to women as comfortably as he does to men
+ knows how and wants to please a woman in bed
+ has faith

Old 10-10-2011, 10:58 AM

864 posts, read 1,454,966 times
*Well-educated (in college or college degree)
*No tattoos or piercings
*A gentleman (has respect for woman, and doesn't talk vulgar/use bad language)
*Clean-cut
*Family-oriented
*Taller than me by at least 2 inches
*Has REAL maturity, but still a kid-at-heart
*Has good self-esteem
*Takes care of himself (physically fit/active)
*No smoking or drug use, and only minimal/social alcohol consumption

Old 10-11-2011, 10:41 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,317,420 times
I'm attracted to independent and self-reliant men who know how to do most everything and take good care of themselves. These type of men don't need a "mom" or a "little woman" in their life to take care of "domestic duties" or planning etc...Men like this are looking for an "equal" and best friend and "playmate" and "partner" in life...I don't want to take on "more sons" or men who resist growing-up. Yet I don't want an "old fogey" either who complains about being "old" all the time...If I decide to start dating again I know it won't be easy. It took me 12 years to find my "late" husband but he was worth "waiting for" and we were a great match!

Old 10-11-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Describe your 5%. I am not worried about 'friend zone'. Its either she likes me or she does not.
Looking at my past men, the guys who were my 5% were:

- Usually tall - over 6'.
- Slim or average build. One was super-skinny
- Usually Caucasian. One was American-Indian
- My age or younger. One was 9 years younger but I was over the moon for him
- Intelligent and complex. I could have a great conversation with all of them
- Were clean, good hygiene, smelled nice
- Easygoing and calm - they had a mellow demeanor
- Kind and generous
- Protective and caring
- Financially stable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships