Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 04:39 AM

287 posts, read 326,937 times

Advertisements

I was head-over-heals infatuated with this woman who I worked with when I was just out of college. She wasn't the least bit interested in me. We were talking in the break room one afternoon and she mentioned that she was running a half-marathon in two weeks and I just blurted out "Oh! I'm running that too!" - I had never run a marathon of any sorts. The next day I registered to run it. Marathon day came and I tried to keep up with her. At the three mile mark I collapsed- major cramping and totally exhausted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 05:16 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,811 times
Happened to me recently:

A 60-something year old cougar co-worker took intense interest in me on her first day, staring me down (which I ignored). The next day she sits near me, says 'good morning', got her 'good morning' reply then immediately calls her roommate and tells him 'I met somebody finally' in a purring Catwoman voice while eyeing me. Ignored. I complimented a friend's hair--she'd just had it done--and the very next day the cougar comes in with the exact same hairstyle (or a close wig) and proceeded to parade around the floor all day fishing for comments or compliments. She brought me an unsolicited cup of coffee, which I politely declined--one of her fellow cougars told me later that the woman was into some strange stuff, and she wouldn't be surprised if the coffee had been laced with some sort of 'potion'.

Women do silly things all the time to get a man's attention--and vice versa--but that was one of the strangest and most desperate.

Old 08-24-2015, 02:19 AM

2,625 posts, read 3,412,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpc122927 View Post
HAHAHA. That is so good. You are not friends with her just because of that??
I guess she made a big stink over it and just couldn't put it behind her.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:11 AM

277 posts, read 271,407 times
I was on a foreign exchange program that was coming to an end in a few weeks. At a party I met this guy who I found absolutely irresistible. I am usually kind of shy and expect the man to make the first step, but considering that I had nothing to lose (other than the risk to embarrass myself), after talking to him all night, I asked him to come with me outside. Didn't tell him why. He followed. Then I kissed him, and walked back with no explanations.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:28 AM

20,373 posts, read 14,647,504 times
I've shelled out loads of money on things trying to treat a man like a king, hoping he'd see how great life could be with me. Needless to say, he eventually surfed on to the next sucker...I mean girlfriend...he could take advantage of.

I've tried to stop doing the nice stuff like that, treating people that way, because I'm tired of being walked all over. Now I get others telling me how awful and selfish I have become.

I sometimes wish I could just disappear for a while. I love people, but I'm tired of people...

Old 08-25-2015, 11:37 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
One time in college I probably over did it on the "hovering technique." I met a guy and i knew where his room was in the dorm. I wanted to see him again. I didn't run into him in the dining hall, so I decided to take other actions. So i started hanging out in the study room near his room so I could "accidently" run into him.

It turned out to be a mostly good life decision, as I met some of my closest friends due to the hovering. Unfortunately it didn't actually work. I did get his attention. And we started spending lots of time togetger. But I totally chickened out when he made a move due to my own shyness and I could never actually tell him that I was into him. He is like the one that got away.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:28 AM

474 posts, read 384,496 times
Once, myself and Nyarlathotep bought a 5th dimensional drink for a women. Tried to pick her up with Remo Williams references. Total fail. Esoteric is so outta style right now.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:00 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,229,478 times
When I was 16 I dyed my hair brown because the boy I liked (allegedly) only dated brunettes. First words out of his mouth "But, you look so much cuter blonde."

Old 08-26-2015, 07:45 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,012,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune_It_Lower View Post
Once, myself and Nyarlathotep bought a 5th dimensional drink for a women. Tried to pick her up with Remo Williams references. Total fail. Esoteric is so outta style right now.

You are totally fishing the wrong pool of women. I know a half-dozen who would get excited over those references, if not wet.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:03 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,282,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I've shelled out loads of money on things trying to treat a man like a king, hoping he'd see how great life could be with me. Needless to say, he eventually surfed on to the next sucker...I mean girlfriend...he could take advantage of.

I've tried to stop doing the nice stuff like that, treating people that way, because I'm tired of being walked all over. Now I get others telling me how awful and selfish I have become.

I sometimes wish I could just disappear for a while. I love people, but I'm tired of people...
I know what you mean. I've been running into an influx of women who flip flop and change their minds a lot. It's just a whole lot of mixed signals lately, that's quite honestly gotten me off my game a little. With the holiday season rolling around, I may just have to take the next 4 months off from dating and just focus on myself again, until the new year rolls around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships