Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 12:07 AM

26 posts, read 41,213 times

Advertisements

I'm turning 19 and the guy I like is 28. I have no idea if he likes me but since he's 28 I don't know if I should even waste my time. One of my best friends is 33 and I've always gotten along with the "older" crowd. I guess you could say I'm mature for my age. I'm just asking seeing as it's a 10 year age difference and some of my friends who are my age say it's a bad idea to begin with. Which I'm not sure I understand. My way of thinking is who cares about age if you are attracted to them as a whole why does it matter... I mean if he were 35 that'd be a different story since my brothers are 35 other than that I have no issue. So, if you are a guy 28 or around that age what is your view on this? Also I'm a virgin which people say apparently change things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 12:09 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,199,385 times
Not sure if serious.

It wouldn't really matter, seeing as you're both two consenting adults who may very well be good matches for each other. 19 and 28, regardless of "maturity", are two very different stages in life. Believe it or not, there is even a big difference between 19 and 21. Proceed with caution.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:11 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,813,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchofgold View Post
I'm turning 19 and the guy I like is 28. I have no idea if he likes me but since he's 28 I don't know if I should even waste my time. One of my best friends is 33 and I've always gotten along with the "older" crowd. I guess you could say I'm mature for my age. I'm just asking seeing as it's a 10 year age difference and some of my friends who are my age say it's a bad idea to begin with. Which I'm not sure I understand. My way of thinking is who cares about age if you are attracted to them as a whole why does it matter... I mean if he were 35 that'd be a different story since my brothers are 35 other than that I have no issue. So, if you are a guy 28 or around that age what is your view on this? Also I'm a virgin which people say apparently change things?
Only for sex.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:21 AM

46 posts, read 120,071 times
I would.

But that's only because I judge my relationships based on personality. Not some number indicating how long I have been on this planet.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:24 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,673,812 times
Quote:
Some would, some wouldn't. Personally I'm not sure, maybe, maybe not. If you want to go for it.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:25 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
... what is your view on this? ...
Life is too short to worry about how old we are.

[I'm outside of the age range in question but I'm answering anyway]

Old 09-15-2011, 12:29 AM

31,073 posts, read 22,094,503 times
If your used to socializing with people in this age range and are treated as an equal it's a no brainer, yes. If the majority of your friends are all your age and you don't socialize up than no.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:39 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,129,810 times
Why not?

If it doesn't work out you'll know you tried.

If you never try you will always wonder.

Please be aware that a sexually active 28 year old may (Will probably) have some issue 'not' having sex if the relationship develops.

Please do not do so until you are ready. (Many people will (Try to) pressure you into it)

Some (Few) will not.

FYI... I'm 29 and there's this cute little 18 year old (Mature for her age) who works at the Physical Therapy office I go to I'm thinking of asking out.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:46 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,430,089 times
FWB yes have and would. Serious LTR? highly doubtful.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:49 AM

46 posts, read 120,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Why not?

Please be aware that a sexually active 28 year old may (Will probably) have some issue 'not' having sex if the relationship develops.

FYI... I'm 29 and there's this cute little 18 year old (Mature for her age) who works at the Physical Therapy office I go to I'm thinking of asking out.
I dunno, I could give my 19 year old self a run for his money. (im 30 btw).

And

Go for it dude! Life is short.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships