Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 08:26 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times

Advertisements

Ick. Reminds me of the time I was at Barnes & Noble reading and I noticed this older man leering at me. I just kind of looked back down at what I was reading. Next thing I know he comes and sits right next to me, I mean so close he's almost in my lap and tried to talk to me and I turned away. After a few minutes (yes a whole few minutes) he finally gives up and leaves. Weirded me out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 09:23 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoTheNut View Post
Why do you think they do this? I find it odd and am trying to understand what's behind it. When I see a good-looking guy, I think "oh, wow, he's handsome" and I go about my business, assuming that he's taken or out of my league. If he's in my vicinity, I'll probably steal some glances. If I have the courage and he seems approachable, I'll find an excuse to talk to him. But, it has never occurred to me to follow him around.

One time I was at the grocery store early in the morning. Very few people in there. I noticed this guy and then I saw him hovering near a woman and playing with his cell phone. I assumed they were a couple becasue I saw them in the same scenario once or twice more, including in the check-out line. They left separately.

Question for men, have you had women follow you around?
This becasue sure is a popular gal on forums!

Anyway, you're lucky that you got the good-looking guys to follow you around the store. In my experience, it was only the ugliest ones. The remedy to being followed around the store by a creep: the feminine hygiene aisle! Pick up the largest package of pads, really read the package before putting it into your cart...in most cases, the man will be gone in a flash, not wanting anything to do with that aisle...unless he's totally clueless and doesn't know what all that stuff is for...then time for plan B: browse the hemorroid creams, really taking your sweet time reading the packaging. It worked like a charm last time I tried. Never got followed around in a store again.

*if that still doesn't work, then resort to breaking wind, or if no fart is up in your bowels, pick your nose or scratch somewhere embarrassing.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:32 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,864,119 times
Quote:
Why do you think they do this? I find it odd and am trying to understand what's behind it. When I see a good-looking guy, I think "oh, wow, he's handsome" and I go about my business, assuming that he's taken or out of my league. If he's in my vicinity, I'll probably steal some glances. If I have the courage and he seems approachable, I'll find an excuse to talk to him. But, it has never occurred to me to follow him around.

One time I was at the grocery store early in the morning. Very few people in there. I noticed this guy and then I saw him hovering near a woman and playing with his cell phone. I assumed they were a couple becasue I saw them in the same scenario once or twice more, including in the check-out line. They left separately.

men desire to chase and conquer.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:54 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,387,014 times
Quote:

You sure were paying a lot of attention to this particular stranger. Don't you think that's kind of a creepy thing for you to be doing?

Old 10-06-2011, 09:13 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
I had them smile at me or strike up a conversation. What I don't get is it always happens when I look like or feel like hell. Once at the grocery store I was swimming then had to pick up some ground beef and this guy started talking to me, and kept on talking even while I tried to end the conversation. Other times I'm b|tchy and then talk.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:29 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Nine times out of ten if he's hot, they're secretly flattered, if he's not, he's creepy.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:09 PM

193 posts, read 450,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I can't say I ever got the "creep" vibe from any of them though.
Same with me. I just thought it a bit strange and tossed it in my "male behavior I don't understand" bin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
Anyway, you're lucky that you got the good-looking guys to follow you around the store.
He wasn't good-looking in the conventional sense. I found him attractive because I like nerdy guys that many women probably wouldn't notice.

Quote:
In my experience, it was only the ugliest ones. The remedy to being followed around the store by a creep: the feminine hygiene aisle! Pick up the largest package of pads, really read the package before putting it into your cart...in most cases, the man will be gone in a flash, not wanting anything to do with that aisle...unless he's totally clueless and doesn't know what all that stuff is for...then time for plan B: browse the hemorroid creams, really taking your sweet time reading the packaging. It worked like a charm last time I tried. Never got followed around in a store again.
LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
You sure were paying a lot of attention to this particular stranger. Don't you think that's kind of a creepy thing for you to be doing?
Being aware of one's surroundings, including the people there, does not equal "paying a lot of attention" and therefore not "kind of a creepy thing". Right? Or am I missing something?

I guess some people are so oblivious or self-focused that they don't notice what or who's around them. Like that video of Sarah Palin talking on camera while a man is slaughtering a turkey in the background.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:16 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,803 times
I thought this thread was going to be about shopping with your SO.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:17 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
This becasue sure is a popular gal on forums!

Anyway, you're lucky that you got the good-looking guys to follow you around the store. In my experience, it was only the ugliest ones. The remedy to being followed around the store by a creep: the feminine hygiene aisle! Pick up the largest package of pads, really read the package before putting it into your cart...in most cases, the man will be gone in a flash, not wanting anything to do with that aisle...unless he's totally clueless and doesn't know what all that stuff is for...then time for plan B: browse the hemorroid creams, really taking your sweet time reading the packaging. It worked like a charm last time I tried. Never got followed around in a store again.

*if that still doesn't work, then resort to breaking wind, or if no fart is up in your bowels, pick your nose or scratch somewhere embarrassing.
I think I saw you last night.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:24 PM

193 posts, read 450,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
I thought this thread was going to be about shopping with your SO.
LOL! Sorry. That would be a good thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships