Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 12:28 AM

6 posts, read 31,118 times

Advertisements

I've been friends with this one guy for about 3 years now. When we hang out, it is usually because he text messages me & asks to hang out. He is completely unreachable and unresponsive except for the few times he messages me. When we first met, we were hooking up once in a while. Now, its at the point where we don't hook up at all. It's just so random with him and confusing. I'm not sure what he wants out of the relationship - maybe he just wants a friend and I'm reading too much into it. But, if he just wants to be my friend, why does he contact me so rarely? The last two times we hung out, he wanted to cuddle but nothing more even when I hinted at other things? Um.. yeah I'm just really confused about him. He is a mystery.

1) Does he like me?
2) Does he just want to be my friend?
3) Why wouldn't he want to have sex with me but just cuddle?
4) Why does he ignore all my text messages and only contacts me at his convenience (which is four times a year literally) ?

The way I feel about him is, I like cuddling & hooking up. I could really see him as a friend with benefits but also a guy that respects me and that I can talk to too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2011, 01:46 AM

1,360 posts, read 2,950,307 times
1. Yes or he wouldn't initiate.
2. Yes- but friend means different things to different people. 3. Maybe he just wants to be friends and for him thats not enough for a hook up? Old school maybe, or religious, or.....
4. Married?

Old 10-15-2011, 02:00 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburglarchick12 View Post
I've been friends with this one guy for about 3 years now. When we hang out, it is usually because he text messages me & asks to hang out. He is completely unreachable and unresponsive except for the few times he messages me. When we first met, we were hooking up once in a while. Now, its at the point where we don't hook up at all. It's just so random with him and confusing. I'm not sure what he wants out of the relationship - maybe he just wants a friend and I'm reading too much into it. But, if he just wants to be my friend, why does he contact me so rarely? The last two times we hung out, he wanted to cuddle but nothing more even when I hinted at other things? Um.. yeah I'm just really confused about him. He is a mystery.

1) Does he like me?
2) Does he just want to be my friend?
3) Why wouldn't he want to have sex with me but just cuddle?
4) Why does he ignore all my text messages and only contacts me at his convenience (which is four times a year literally) ?

The way I feel about him is, I like cuddling & hooking up. I could really see him as a friend with benefits but also a guy that respects me and that I can talk to too.
I think you already know the answer sweetie..

I fel what you are looking for is answer that negates what you already know..And this is okay...sometimes it is hard to make a observation when you are directly involved even with all the bells ringing in your head..to hear it from others makes it concrete..

So I will tell you my opinion based solely on the info on your thread..
It appears to me as if your guy friend seeks you out when he is lonely and has nothing else going on..
Needs that physical with someone whom he is familiar with and there is no pressure to be someone he is not..it does not haveto be sex it could mean contact period..
What you need to ask yourself as much as you would be willing to accept a FWB or NSA type of deal ARE you getting what you need from this?
Is this what YOU want?
Which is to be contacted on spur of the moment occassions? And be readily available at this persons beck and call? Ar you getting your needs met? Do you feel validated? Cared for? Or AS if the current arrangement is really okay with you?

This is only something you can answer...But personally speaking? I do not play second fiddle as a woman, nor am I am something a guy does when nothing else is popping..I am not your fun girl nor a stepping stone until you feel like getting serious...

Old 10-15-2011, 08:19 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,549,117 times
Occam's razor?

The next time you do see him, asking questions may give you answers.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:43 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,274,049 times
I have friends that I will see very rarely...sometimes YEARS go by....I think that this man must really like/value your FRIENDSHIP, and that is why he trys to maintain some contact....I think that it is YOU who are wondering and possibly hoping for more from this man than the simple friendship that you have.....If he had sex with you, would he then become more than just the friend he wants to be??, and if that were so for you, and not for him....would you still feel he respects you???

Old 10-15-2011, 08:45 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,810,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo6 View Post
4. Married?
There we go.
+1 there.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:49 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,301,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post

I fel what you are looking for is answer that negates what you already know..And this is okay...sometimes it is hard to make a observation when you are directly involved even with all the bells ringing in your head..to hear it from others makes it concrete..

It appears to me as if your guy friend seeks you out when he is lonely and has nothing else going on..
Needs that physical with someone whom he is familiar with and there is no pressure to be someone he is not..it does not haveto be sex it could mean contact period..
What you need to ask yourself as much as you would be willing to accept a FWB or NSA type of deal ARE you getting what you need from this?
Is this what YOU want?
Which is to be contacted on spur of the moment occassions? And be readily available at this persons beck and call? Ar you getting your needs met? Do you feel validated? Cared for? Or AS if the current arrangement is really okay with you?

This is only something you can answer...But personally speaking? I do not play second fiddle as a woman, nor am I am something a guy does when nothing else is popping..I am not your fun girl nor a stepping stone until you feel like getting serious...
Exactamundo!

Old 10-15-2011, 10:21 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,387,602 times
Why are you asking strangers on the Internet these questions? You need to ask him these questions, though I doubt he will answer with any honesty.

You need to also ask yourself why you allow yourself to be used in such a trivial fashion. He wants sex? He texts you and you go over there and comply. He doesn't want sex but texts you to come over... you obey. This is not a relationship, it's nothing more than casual convenience for him.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:50 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburglarchick12 View Post
I'm not sure what he wants out of the relationship
His hot dog wants occasional access to your bun - whenever it feels like it.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:56 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post

Is this what YOU want?

This says it all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships