Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 02:48 PM

28,899 posts, read 30,279,972 times

Advertisements

OK...Artic Kitten's thread reminded me of something that might be fun, interesting and quit informative.

How many of you have had soul filled experiences, with perception...mmm, without sounding nuts....ESP type experiences? Which can be dreams, wide awake, perhaps spirit sightening...or extra sensitive to maybe other dimensions? Astro Projections? Anything on the spiritual side. Or perhaps twins who could relate when their other twin, far away was hurting...or man a wife, knowing the other was in trouble or cheating...affirmatively...or sisters, brothers, children, parents....

I think there are many plains (dimensions) right here beside us...many...and sometimes, we cross over to those plains, for brief moments (seconds)...

Please share your story....

I have quite a few....but I'll start with one.

My ex was in the habit of starting a fight so he could walk out the door, gave him, in his mind an excuse to cheat. He left...took our lab, and was gone for days. During the interim of his dissappearing act...I had a dream...as follows:

He was on the beach, with the beautiful woman...dark long hair, body by fisher, sheesh, she reminded me of "the girl from ipanema", tall, tan and beautiful...and she was playing with our dog. They were together on the beach all day.

She lived down there, was waitressing and putting herself through college...She was very friendly, had that charisma about her....she loved our dog...she didn't know he was married.

She invited him to her party she was having that night...he said yes. He had his van, and stayed at a camp ground...I saw him all dressed up in a brown shirt, tie and jeans. He walked up 3 flights of metal steps, the building was an ol brick apartment house...they were together, she wore white shorts and a low cut halter top, he was helping her with the drinks...they kissed. I woke, crying, it was one of those so real dreams, as if I as standing right there watching...

Of course, he came back home...and he said he was sorry for being such a jerk. He just had to get away to think, by himself, so he went to the beach for a few days.

I listened to him, and then repeated, the story above. He looked at me in amazement, and asked me if I had followed him...I said, no....I dreampt it. He cried.

I swear this is true. These kind of things happened to me all the time...some while I was awake.

So, I know there has to be others out there who are just as sensitive, if not more...

share, if you can.

Creme

Last edited by cremebrulee; 08-17-2007 at 03:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 03:06 PM

27,349 posts, read 27,402,913 times
Wierd indeed!
Though the dreams and 'perceptions' werent relationship involved, I have too many to list, that have taken place almost right down to the last detail.
Ive also 'felt' things when a guy I dated a few years back was hurt because I had the exact same sharp pain, out of the blue, at the same time. He told me about it shortly afterwards, which explained everything. And when one of my daughters were involved in a serious accident on the freeway, I 'heard' the loud screeching tires of a car and then a loud 'crash' (in my head, while I was at work one morning). She called me a couple of hours later and told me about it and that she was being released from the hospital for minor injuries.
Even a few times, work related, Ive had a 'bad feeling' about something and warned the crew on the job. Sure enough, it happened.
The list goes on and on, but thats just the beginning of these wierd things.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_A_Woman View Post
Wierd indeed!
Though the dreams and 'perceptions' werent relationship involved, I have too many to list, that have taken place almost right down to the last detail.
Ive also 'felt' things when a guy I dated a few years back was hurt because I had the exact same sharp pain, out of the blue, at the same time. He told me about it shortly afterwards, which explained everything. And when one of my daughters were involved in a serious accident on the freeway, I 'heard' the loud screeching tires of a car and then a loud 'crash' (in my head, while I was at work one morning). She called me a couple of hours later and told me about it and that she was being released from the hospital for minor injuries.
Even a few times, work related, Ive had a 'bad feeling' about something and warned the crew on the job. Sure enough, it happened.
The list goes on and on, but thats just the beginning of these wierd things.
Whew, I'm sure glad your daughter was ok...and I hope the man who was hurt is all right as well....

yes, my list goes on and on, until something happened one day that I couldn't take anymore...so I prayed, for days, with all my might that this gift, as some people call it, be taken away...since then, I have not had nearly as many perceptions, or if I am, I am surely blocking them out...in each case, there was another person involved, who verified the dreams...

I could dream names, cities....etc....very weird.

Thanks so much for sharing, if you'd like, share some more later....
I know most of the time, I fear talking about such things...b/c you either scare someone, or they ask you if your off the meds?

Old 08-17-2007, 03:39 PM

109 posts, read 436,327 times
Default I have many stories as well...

very strange... I could almost write a book about those weird experiences.

I am spiritual to some degree.. I know there is someone (my brother, killed in a motorcycle accident) who is looking for me. Too many things happened and if they are only coincidence...then it's all good.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:35 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,060,843 times
I have dreams that come true. I will dream about people I haven't met yet & I'll dream about places I've never been. I will even dream entire conversations. And then, usually about 3 years later, the dreams will come true ... down to the last detail. The moments usually are not terribly important - just random conversations and the like - but the people themselves are usually individuals whom I did not know at the time I dreamed about them, but who became important to me later.

This used to happen to me rather frequently when I was younger, but I think only one of my dreams has become real in the last couple of years. Sometimes I miss them.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:29 PM

72,418 posts, read 18,204,513 times
I have this thread in the health thread posted on Good mental health and having dreams 7/14/07
You might want to take a look.

Old 08-18-2007, 07:23 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,217,262 times
I had a friend who was a minister. I had known him for a number of years, but hadn't seen him in a while, although he still lived in my area. Out of the blue, I had a dream about him. The next day, I received a call from an elected official from another part of the state. I was a legislative aide and he called and asked for me. He said that he was calling to get help for someone. I said, "This is about X, isn't it?" And he said, yes, that X needed to be admitted to a mental health facility (paraphrasing here) and his family had contacted him for assistance.

Now, what is so strange is that X was terrific, highly admired and I had no idea that he had any problems whatsoever. Hadn't seen him in more than a year. The legislator had no idea that I was even the same faith as him or of X, no way of knowing that I even knew X. The legislator lived in central Florida, I was in south Florida. Turned out that X's father was this legislator's minister twenty years before....the reason that the legislator had called me was because he was close to my boss (who was Jewish).

And what is even more strange, the whole thing didn't even freak me out- it just felt as though it was natural for it all to have occurred.

Old 08-18-2007, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I had a friend who was a minister. I had known him for a number of years, but hadn't seen him in a while, although he still lived in my area. Out of the blue, I had a dream about him. The next day, I received a call from an elected official from another part of the state. I was a legislative aide and he called and asked for me. He said that he was calling to get help for someone. I said, "This is about X, isn't it?" And he said, yes, that X needed to be admitted to a mental health facility (paraphrasing here) and his family had contacted him for assistance.

Now, what is so strange is that X was terrific, highly admired and I had no idea that he had any problems whatsoever. Hadn't seen him in more than a year. The legislator had no idea that I was even the same faith as him or of X, no way of knowing that I even knew X. The legislator lived in central Florida, I was in south Florida. Turned out that X's father was this legislator's minister twenty years before....the reason that the legislator had called me was because he was close to my boss (who was Jewish).

And what is even more strange, the whole thing didn't even freak me out- it just felt as though it was natural for it all to have occurred.
Thank you HIF for your story...pretty miraculous...I had spoken with my minister about this gift, as she called it...a long time ago...but the last episode I had while awake, and it was, to me, horrible, hence the reason for me denouncing it and wanting it to just go away.

Thank you for adding to this thread.

Old 08-18-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
I have dreams that come true. I will dream about people I haven't met yet & I'll dream about places I've never been. I will even dream entire conversations. And then, usually about 3 years later, the dreams will come true ... down to the last detail. The moments usually are not terribly important - just random conversations and the like - but the people themselves are usually individuals whom I did not know at the time I dreamed about them, but who became important to me later.

This used to happen to me rather frequently when I was younger, but I think only one of my dreams has become real in the last couple of years. Sometimes I miss them.
I found this interesting...have you ever wondered about it, or spoke to anyone else about it?

And if so, why do you think this happens? Or have you simply accepted it as part of who you are?

Old 08-18-2007, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
I have this thread in the health thread posted on Good mental health and having dreams 7/14/07
You might want to take a look.
thank you, I didn't know, and apologize for starting another thread like it...but maybe some who didn't resond back then, will now. I'm going to go take a look
thanks so much..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships