Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 06:39 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,925 times

Advertisements

Wow..I didn't expect this many responses. This isn't a troll. I have watched so many men and couples and everyone just seems so disconnected anymore. I have watched my brothers and nephews just shrug off hurting someone and go on their merry way.

First, it was not a dating relationship, it was a 12 year marriage. He always wanted money and found a woman who had some and said she would share. It's been several years since I even felt like dating and I think it will be a while before I try it again.

If someone would tell me how to change the title, I will do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 06:48 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,190,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
Wow..I didn't expect this many responses. This isn't a troll. I have watched so many men and couples and everyone just seems so disconnected anymore. I have watched my brothers and nephews just shrug off hurting someone and go on their merry way.

First, it was not a dating relationship, it was a 12 year marriage. He always wanted money and found a woman who had some and said she would share. It's been several years since I even felt like dating and I think it will be a while before I try it again.

If someone would tell me how to change the title, I will do so.
About the title, sometimes we are are not at our best when we are hurt.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:51 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,128,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
Don't flame me on this -- I am asking a sincere question. The men I have known seem to be able to turn their feelings on and off like a light switch.

My ex told me on a Wednesday that we would grow old together. On Friday he said he was outta here, he'd found someone else, goodbye.

My latest (10 month relationship) told me how much he cared, all the things we would do together, etc. A week later he told me he has changed and doesn't think he has time anymore.

How do you do it? Is it just staying detached? Is there a trick to turning your emotions on and off that quickly and being able to walk away without a backward glance?

Seen women do the same...

ETA: And for the record... done to me.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:27 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,677,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohbaby View Post
Bottom line: He just didn't want you, ever. He was playing a game and got tired of you. He will get tired of the next woman and the next, until he meets his match...................................a woman who thinks just like him....................................ok, good bye, nice knowing you, NEXT!
It kind of sucks, though, not being there to watch and smile when this happens.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:31 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,718,740 times
I'm not sure.

I truly belive that I am the center of the universe and that everything revolves around me.

I'm dead serious.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:34 PM

78 posts, read 81,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I'm not sure.

I truly belive that I am the center of the universe and that everything revolves around me.

I'm dead serious.
Are u Kayne West?
Wow can't believe I'm in the same forum with such a big star.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:46 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
you know, there are two things...

The people who talk about penises all the time have the smallest ones, usually, and those that talk about sex all the time... don't get laid much.
So you must be my secret admirer!

Old 10-13-2011, 07:53 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
I think Jordan was referring to sex with someone else? hehe
Jordan had sex with someone else? Lol

Old 10-13-2011, 08:31 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
I feel tremendously sorry for the OP, who apparently is serious in asking this question. How can anyone get to be an adult and never have met a single adult male who "had feelings?"

You need intensive therapy because the vast majority of men have feelings. The fact you never encountered a single one of them speaks volumes about YOU.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:06 PM

663 posts, read 1,082,019 times
My dad was a good example of someone who appeared to not have feelings, or at least appear to be a cold person. He wasn't like this at all but there weren't going to be too many folks allowed to see beyond the wall he had built up. Two women, my mom and a serious LTR (8+ years) he was once in, those break-ups impacted him greatly. In fact, I don't think he ever recovered 100% from the break-up with the woman he'd been involved with for 8+ years......and that break-up was a long time ago. His feelings ran deep but he kept them to himself; unfortunately, just a like a lot of men are raised to do.....suck it up, get over it, don't cry, etc.

I've seen women do some pretty crappy things to men too, we're all human no matter our gender. Bad things happen to both men and women. Some people just have no character, some of us just make mistakes.....really bad, crappy ones that hurt other people. It sounds like the guys once in the OP's life just were not quality people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships