Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 04:16 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times

Advertisements

It's your call reed067....though personally I feel ...if it's in the past and dormant....why not leave it that way....I don't consider what happened in the distant past as something you would keep hidden...more that there's no need to bring it up....you know....water under the bridge?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 04:18 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Depends what the secret is. Some should never be revealed, ever.

Others don't have the capacity to destroy your life.

I like my secrets kept hidden far away in the recesses of my mind, for my eyes only.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:47 PM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Depends what the secret is. Some should never be revealed, ever.

Others don't have the capacity to destroy your life.

I like my secrets kept hidden far away in the recesses of my mind, for my eyes only.
Depends is a protective under garment!

"The most honest of people will admit to their lies"

Lets see:
He killed some one. (Rare)
He's Gay (Somewhat Rare)
He had an affair on his previous wife with a woman (Common)
He had and affair with a man (See "he's Gay")
He served time (A little common)
He's Bi (See "He served time")
He had visted a prostitute (Very common)

Do you want to hear any of the above?

Last edited by LS Jaun; 10-17-2011 at 05:32 PM..

Old 10-17-2011, 05:02 PM

1,549 posts, read 4,257,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Depends is a protective under garment!

"The most honest of people will admit to their lies"

Lets see:
He killed some one. (Rare)
He's Gay (Somewhat Rare)
He had an affair on his previous wife with a woman (Common)
He had and affair with a man (See "he's gay")
He served time (A little common)
He's Bi (See "He served time")
He had visted a prostitute (Very common)

Do you want to hear any of the above?
You are too much! I just laughed but many of these are true!!

My exhusband hid a lot of stuff from me that I found out much later...still finding out stuff after the divorce...but that's life for you.

My new boyfriend tells me everything even some things that have made me CRINGE...but I figure that's a good thing when a person can just pour themselves out to you!

Old 10-17-2011, 05:11 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,132,764 times
if you cant be honest with your partner then who can you be honest with - i feel honesty is the best policy in any relationship - if for some reason you feel you cant with honest with the person your with i would say your with the wrong person -

Old 10-17-2011, 05:56 PM

53 posts, read 51,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
I'm an open book. Whatever the misses wants to know, I'll be happy to oblige.
good answer! i wish my s/o realized how important this is in a relationship

Old 10-17-2011, 06:01 PM

53 posts, read 51,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
FYI,

People with nothing to hide, hide nothing.

Honesty and trust are the basis for all good relationships.
I couldnt have said it better myself! this is the absolute truth, to bad not everyone realizes this! people with nothing to hide, hide nothing.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:10 PM

270 posts, read 968,144 times
Are there things that your partner / SO would prefer not to know?
For example, if your SO doesn't ask you how many sexual partners you have had in the past, should you just go ahead and offer up that information for the sake of full disclosure?
Another example, if your SO doesn't ask you if you have ever cheated on a previous SO, (and you have cheated previously), is this information you should offer up for the sake of full disclosure?

Old 10-17-2011, 06:34 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
I believe everyone takes at least 5% of their secrets to the grave, and rightfully so. Not everything needs to be out on display.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:52 PM

1,197 posts, read 2,279,447 times
People with nothing to hide, hide nothing is accurate. But it's not really relevant to this post. The OP clearly has something to hide. It's obviously easier to hide nothing, when there is not deep dark secrets in your past. I prefer to operate under the premise that "people that are confident in themselves won't hide anything". I have some things in my past I would prefer people don't know. Most of my friends don't know about these, but my wife does. I tell her everything. But that is me. I'm not confident that I know everything about her past. I think she probably has more to hide, and I wish she trusted me to be completely honest. But I respect the fact that it was in the past, and it's her decision whether to reveal everything to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships