Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 07:20 PM

541 posts, read 941,472 times

Advertisements

Let's say you would never consider dating a person for whatever reason (it could be because race/ just the way she or he carries self/ or just not into them) ....then suddenly .... you are attracted to them and want to date them... What changed your mind about them?

I remember in high school, I liked a popular guy who I thought would never consider going out with me because I was viewed as an ugly girl by people. But there would be moments where he would just STARE at me. We have so moments where I was convinced he liked me .... but we never dated. Actually we met in jr high...

What are your experiences???

Here is my question: Have you met anybody who changed your perspective about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 07:26 PM

941 posts, read 1,804,799 times
If you would never consider dating a certain person (for whatever reason you think is valid),
then you have a change of heart and you think its sort of mysterious..sometime its as simple as you just had to get used to them a little before getting comfortable with the idea.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:56 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,191,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpc122927 View Post
What changed your mind about them?
This is going to sound corny but learning about myself is what changed my perspective on the people I know.

That probably won't help. Won't be the first or last time.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:59 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,199,385 times
Yup. Pretty girl that started out as just a friend... as I got to know her more I got it BAD.
She's with someone else, though, and I don't want to conduct myself in a disreputable manner. She also happens to be happy with this guy, so it's more like "Well, if the opportunity ever comes up, I would... but not right now."

Then there were girls that I've already been attracted to that were in my circle of friends, and then are just totally awesome when you get them alone.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:00 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,746,461 times
I've only gone the other way: Girls I once found attractive became less attractive as I got to know them. And it probably had more to do with me changing than them.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:12 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,785,854 times
Great question! I would have to say my husband. On our first meeting, he didnt make a lot of eye contact with me and spoke in a mumbly fashion..the first few minutes, i thought to myself "great another loser date..why are all these men such losers? Whats with this guy? He sounds like Mr. Depressing!". over the latter part of our meeting though, we finally found a common bond and our conversation flowed more smoothly. He asked me for a second date the following day and I gave him the benefit of the doubt...i assumed he was nervous and may have been terse with our conversation because he wasnt good at first dates..however I was impressed by the way he carried himself and how confident he seemed when we parted ways..made me feel for a second that he was studying ME to make sure I was exactly who I said I was on my dating profile

Our 2nd meeting (official first date), it was completely different..he pulled out the stops and it was just great between us from that point forward...

Old 10-25-2011, 08:15 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,785,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I've only gone the other way: Girls I once found attractive became less attractive as I got to know them. And it probably had more to do with me changing than them.
Same here! I imagine this is more common. I had huge crushes on football players in high school and when I finally got a chance to date them or just know them better, was immediately turned off by their personality, attitude, beliefs, etc.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:29 PM

541 posts, read 941,472 times
I wouldnt go out with anyone who thinks he all that. My perspective wouldnt change on that

Last edited by Sarahpc122927; 10-25-2011 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: .

Old 10-25-2011, 10:17 PM

39 posts, read 48,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpc122927 View Post
Let's say you would never consider dating a person for whatever reason (it could be because race/ just the way she or he carries self/ or just not into them) ....then suddenly .... you are attracted to them and want to date them... What changed your mind about them?

I remember in high school, I liked a popular guy who I thought would never consider going out with me because I was viewed as an ugly girl by people. But there would be moments where he would just STARE at me. We have so moments where I was convinced he liked me .... but we never dated. Actually we met in jr high...

What are your experiences???

Here is my question: Have you met anybody who changed your perspective about them.
I think that's the best when you have a certain opinion of someone and you're absolutely wrong!

Old 10-26-2011, 12:29 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,148,577 times
Yep, my husband. I met him and I thought he was a complete moron. I met him through a friend and he was a complete arse when we went to a concert. He and I had an argument. A few weeks later he sent me flowers. I talked to him on the phone and well he actually wasn't that bad. After getting to know him better, he wasn't the person I thought. He just doesn't make good first impressions all the time. Been together 20 yrs now and he is still alive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships