Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 11:21 AM

2 posts, read 1,418 times

Advertisements

Actually people have been engaging in all manners of infidelity except gay marriage, since the beginning of time. The media and collective subconscious wishful thinking would have you believe otherwise, but no. One major change of late is the advent of the internet/social media. It is all heavily pushing the agenda of the majority of women: Paint all infidels as evil cheaters, deserving of zero friendship, zero support, and even no job at times. This push is rewiring men's, children's, and society's thinking at large: monogamy and puritanism suddenly looms large and as the only way.

Now I'm not condoning infidelity. Far from it. I'm for monogamy personally. I'm just commenting on what I see as reality, as a reality that will never change for many of the billions who live on this planet. It seems to go against nature for a lot of folks. But never say never. Perhaps we will breed more monogamous individuals as time goes by. Is this good? Is it healthy? Is it conducive to health, creativity, freedom and the new ideas that coincide with that freedom? Should all coming-of-agers not experiment with different partners? Personally I find the 'strictly monogamous' ideal for the whole world to be fascist, totalitarian, and downright nazi restrictive and cruel. Perhaps we should aim to be faithful but work on ceasing to hate and slander every human being who stumbles in these endeavors. Perhaps we should live and let live and mind our own business!!! That is my motto. All we can control is ourselves and our reactions. So my self is monogamous to my best ability. My reaction to my husband would be forgiveness or even ignore something discreet. My hope is that he is faithful sexually. But I don't want to put handcuffs on him or get the law involved or whatnot. Nor would I gossip his misdeeds to anyone. One of the major issues is just that: the majority of people tend to be immensely judgmental, hateful, and ostracizing. To me that is the greater sin by far. I choose always to stay out of it, not judge, and if anything be understanding. What would our world be like if there were more people like me??

Last edited by judith987; 09-05-2013 at 12:46 PM..

Old 09-05-2013, 12:00 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
Someone is always against something. You're listening to the wrong people.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:38 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Closed at OP's request.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships