Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 01:47 PM

525 posts, read 900,684 times

Advertisements

I married out of my race. I think people who have a problem with it are really insecure and shallow.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:48 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
I don't know what to do.

He loves blondes, more specifically Caucasians with blonde hair. If it's not blonde hair, it's Brunettes, "Red Heads" and any other 'safe', non-extreme color.

He is no different than the majority of the other Caucasian/white males. Although we have had our rough patches, he seems generally interested in me. I see him staring at me and one time when I caught him staring he turned away, although not fast enough for me to not see his face-reddening with embarrassment.

Yet, it seems as though if there were to be a white woman with the same interests, he'd go for her as opposed to me who is not white.I understand, it's just preferences.. Yet, sometimes I see him staring at me and it seems as though he is thinking about the racial differences we both ironically share..

I can't discuss this any further, as I am becoming somewhat upset. Hopefully you have the capability to know what else I was going to write in here and give me advice..
White men prefer to date within their own race, as it should be. This is why I don't like interracial dating. There will always be an awkward difference and culture clash. Both of the daters parents turn out to be racist and disapprove. The divorce rate between interracial couples is far higher than that of same race couples. For the sake of your future, just dump him and date a good man in your own race.

IT creates problems, all black men should be avaliable for me to date, not going after "trophy" white women. And white women should have white men available for them to date and marry, not going after asian women and so on and so forth.

You and your future kids will thank me later.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:50 PM

262 posts, read 652,174 times
I'm pretty sure interracial marriages don't have a "higher" level of divorce. Stop pulling assumptions out of your

Old 10-27-2011, 01:51 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,020,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
White men prefer to date within their own race, as it should be. This is why I don't like interracial dating. There will always be an awkward difference and culture clash. Both of the daters parents turn out to be racist and disapprove. The divorce rate between interracial couples is far higher than that of same race couples. For the sake of your future, just dump him and date a good man in your own race.

IT creates problems, all black men should be avaliable for me to date, not going after "trophy" white women. And white women should have white men available for them to date and marry, not going after asian women and so on and so forth.

Thank God my Canadian Indian mom married my White dad. Otherwise, I wouldn't be here.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:53 PM

10,177 posts, read 20,802,195 times
Quote:

I hope this was all tongue-in-cheek and sarcasm.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:58 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
I'm pretty sure interracial marriages don't have a "higher" level of divorce. Stop pulling assumptions out of your
Link

Old 10-27-2011, 02:00 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,989,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I hope this was all tongue-in-cheek and sarcasm.
Unfortunately, it wasn't.
Quote:
IT creates problems, all black men should be avaliable for me to date
Although, this part really had me cracking up pretty badly.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:01 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,315,119 times
Quote:

Sorry, but this sounds a bit ignorant. Maybe you are speaking from a point of view of a black woman living in Alabama but here in Iowa, interracial dating is very common.

I am not White (Brazilian-descent) and all my girlfriends have been White, not because I deliberately chose them based on their race but it is simply who I click with better.

Your statement about "both of the daters parents turn out racist and disapprove" is ludicrous, maybe between Blacks and Whites in the South but here in Iowa, most Caucasian people are accepting of other races.

My Mom would never disapprove if I married someone who is not of the same background, given that her husband is German.

Maybe you are speaking from a Southern, African-American perspective, but it is a very limited perspective.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:05 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,158,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Oh. I see what you mean. My bad.

Quite honestly, it's VERY hard for me to see how someone could not be attracted to an ENTIRE race of people.

I myself, have preferences, but I have met beautiful women of every race, both inside and out.

I really don't understand why people would absolutely limit themselves to one race.
That's my point. Everybody has preference, I understand that, but anybody who says they find a whole race of people unattractive or they would neve date/marry somebody of a different race has either folded to what society/family/parents think or have deep seated bigotry.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:08 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,158,439 times
Quote:

Says who? Even if there are black men who only date black women who's to say they are entitled to you or would even want you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships