Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 01:12 PM

262 posts, read 651,507 times

Advertisements

I don't know what to do.

He loves blondes, more specifically Caucasians with blonde hair. If it's not blonde hair, it's Brunettes, "Red Heads" and any other 'safe', non-extreme color.

He is no different than the majority of the other Caucasian/white males. Although we have had our rough patches, he seems generally interested in me. I see him staring at me and one time when I caught him staring he turned away, although not fast enough for me to not see his face-reddening with embarrassment.

Yet, it seems as though if there were to be a white woman with the same interests, he'd go for her as opposed to me who is not white.I understand, it's just preferences.. Yet, sometimes I see him staring at me and it seems as though he is thinking about the racial differences we both ironically share..

I can't discuss this any further, as I am becoming somewhat upset. Hopefully you have the capability to know what else I was going to write in here and give me advice..

Old 10-27-2011, 01:24 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,149,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
I don't know what to do.

He loves blondes, more specifically Caucasians with blonde hair. If it's not blonde hair, it's Brunettes, "Red Heads" and any other 'safe', non-extreme color.

He is no different than the majority of the other Caucasian/white males. Although we have had our rough patches, he seems generally interested in me. I see him staring at me and one time when I caught him staring he turned away, although not fast enough for me to not see his face-reddening with embarrassment.

Yet, it seems as though if there were to be a white woman with the same interests, he'd go for her as opposed to me who is not white.I understand, it's just preferences.. Yet, sometimes I see him staring at me and it seems as though he is thinking about the racial differences we both ironically share..

I can't discuss this any further, as I am becoming somewhat upset. Hopefully you have the capability to know what else I was going to write in here and give me advice..
If he's a racist or cares about what society thinks it might. Why don't you just ask him?

Old 10-27-2011, 01:29 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times
Quote:
I don't know what to do.

What are you?

Men in general are less discriminating when it comes it comes to dating outside of their race. I'd say most white guys like Latinas, the majority will date Asians, and less will date black women. That's just a generalization from my life experience and the white men I've known.

I was just rejected by a white woman and I am not. I spent so much time with her, I couldn't see her race at the end.

But this is not how most people think, and I can't be sure that was the reason either. Just bite the bullet and go for it.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
If he's a racist or cares about what society thinks it might. Why don't you just ask him?
A racist?

There's TONS of white women who will only date white men. Ever been on Match.com?

I can't put a finger on the number, but it's the majority at least.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:32 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times
Quote:
If she actually thinks we just have the 'capability to know what else' she's going to say, much less, can't even discuss it here where she's annonymous...
Quote:
....I don't have high hopes of her being able to discuss it with him.

But then, you just never know. Appparently, she can read minds
Quote:
Yet, sometimes I see him staring at me and it seems as though he is thinking about the racial differences
I kid. Kind of. Truthfully, just ask him if he'd like to go to such and such an event with you. If he declines, it doesn't matter whether or not he's racist, does it? Next!

Old 10-27-2011, 01:36 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,149,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
A racist?

There's TONS of white women who will only date white men. Ever been on Match.com?

I can't put a finger on the number, but it's the majority at least.
Yes a racist. You act like people can't be closeted racist.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
I don't know what to do.

Appears you have him already figured out.

[maybe you should discuss the matter with him to see if you're right]

Old 10-27-2011, 01:43 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
You might be surprised to find out that he finds other women outside of his race attractive. Why don't you try spending some time with him and see if there are any mutual sparks between you? Don't allow your assumptions to stop you, you might be missing out.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:46 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
If she actually thinks we just have the 'capability to know what else' she's going to say, much less, can't even discuss it here where she's annonymous.......I don't have high hopes of her being able to discuss it with him.

But then, you just never know. Appparently, she can read minds

I kid. Kind of. Truthfully, just ask him if he'd like to go to such and such an event with you. If he declines, it doesn't matter whether or not he's racist, does it? Next!
This is will definitely expedite matters but, like you said, we already know that's not going to happen.

Quote:
I see him staring at me and one time when I caught him staring he turned away, although not fast enough for me to not see his face-reddening with embarrassment.
He's been checking you out for a while now, and yet he still reddens with embarrassment when caught. IMO, you might not be showing any subtle signs that indicate you're comfortable, or even probably flattered by his stares.

Perhaps you could consider smiling at him the next time you catch him checking you out.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Yes a racist. You act like people can't be closeted racist.
Oh. I see what you mean. My bad.

Quite honestly, it's VERY hard for me to see how someone could not be attracted to an ENTIRE race of people.

I myself, have preferences, but I have met beautiful women of every race, both inside and out.

I really don't understand why people would absolutely limit themselves to one race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships