Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 10:18 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,552,021 times

Advertisements

"Hi, it's me. Someone texted me on your phone that you were breaking this off. I wanted to make sure it wasn't a prank by your kids or your ex."

Not the same as begging for a better breakup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 10:23 PM

461 posts, read 782,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
"Hi, it's me. Someone texted me on your phone that you were breaking this off. I wanted to make sure it wasn't a prank by your kids or your ex."

Not the same as begging for a better breakup.
Oh wow What if it was one of his brats, er, kids that did this?

Old 10-29-2011, 10:37 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,666,425 times
What if he says it was him, then what? You want to hear from his mouth to your ears. It doesn't always happen that way. Wishful thinking, kids wouldn't go that far, and if his ex is that cozy with his phone......WELL THEN?

Old 10-29-2011, 10:58 PM

38 posts, read 71,298 times
I know it was him because I did respond and told him that I would call him this weekend because I think its pretty ridiculous that people our age break up via text. You know what he texted back? "That would be fine". I think I was trying to take the high road, but on reflection, why would I call him? It wont make me feel better. The whole year has been all about him.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:01 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi61 View Post
Me-divorced 15 years, no kids, Him -divorced 3 years and two girls 11 and 13. Horrible relationship with Ex. Compatible on so many levels and we had wonderful times but he is a terrible communicator. Leaves and withdraws when difficulties arise. Thursday he texts that he cant give me the time or comittment I deserve. by TEXT????? Am crushed. What to do? Have been lurking on this site for months and know there are some really insightful people here..
I am sorry that this happened to you but as other posters have mentioned already...He was being honest at the very least...

You stated that you have been with him for one year, correct? And you are both compatible in many ways however he is a horrible communicator and withdraws ( shuts down) when difficulties arise?

Open communication, ongoing dialogue and the ability to talk through difficulties should be a priority in all relationaships...

Granted NOT everyone has these skills but still discussing and coming to an understanding can be done...

It seems as if he knows that this is not in him to do with you and he has been honest enough to tell you...
As far as informing of you of this via text? Why are you surprised? You stated in your initial post that he does not communicate well nor deals with confrontations..and breaking up face to face or even over the phone is a confrontation...It was easier for him to do it over text this way he does not need to deal with questions, or you being upset...
Cowardly? Very much so...
If it is really bugging you, call him and tell him that this matter should have been done over the phone or in person and you thought after one year you deserved at least this...

As far as everything else? This is but one moment in your life AND he is not the only man out there...much luck to you..

Old 10-29-2011, 11:04 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,620 times
Don't call, meet him. Then you can kick him in the balls. Not that he has any but he deserves it and you will feel better.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:04 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Next. Move on. You deserve better, so what do you care? He is a jerk. Throw away in the trash any stuff he left at your house, blow off whatever he has of yours. Get busy, go to the gym, get a new outfit for the holidays, and don't you dare meet him for a drink when he calls.

When will women learn?!

Old 10-29-2011, 11:07 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Cowardly and juvenile. On first impressions, though...

An 11 and 13 year old daughter. Hmmm, how is your relationship with them (if you have any)? Do you know how they feel about the relationship? It's not impossible that did it as more than a prank, but as a very adolescent way of pushing you two apart. At least call, if he did send the text don't let him off the hook that easily. Make it as tough on him as it is as tough on you.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:35 PM

38 posts, read 71,298 times
When we first got together, he wanted me to meet his girls right away. I balked and said we needed to to be sure he and I had a good relationship and were solid with each other before we introduce the children into anything. He said I resented his children. I met his girls once. They are delightful. I was never asked again. This sounds so very negative, but what hurts so is that i know he is a good guy in all the ways that matter for him (his girls) but not me.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:04 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi61 View Post
When we first got together, he wanted me to meet his girls right away. I balked and said we needed to to be sure he and I had a good relationship and were solid with each other before we introduce the children into anything. He said I resented his children. I met his girls once. They are delightful. I was never asked again. This sounds so very negative, but what hurts so is that i know he is a good guy in all the ways that matter for him (his girls) but not me.
Sounds like his energy is directed towards his children and he just isn't in an emotional position to be in a relationship. I would text him back and say something like
"I'm sorry this didn't work out between us, you are right and we are in different stages of life. Good luck in all you do"

Text for text. There is absolutely no need for a phone call or personal visit.

Also try to get your mind off him and call some of your old friends that you haven't had time for in the last year. You may be the same age but you are definatley in two very different stages in life. Next time go for guys that are in your same life stage...no children or grown children. It will be easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships