Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 11:37 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times

Advertisements

All of my senses are awake and alive. I walk through the living room carrying a basket of our clothes to take downstairs. Looking to my right I can see outside, I had just opened the blinds that cover the bay window and I can see it is most probably a quite dreary day. What lifts it are the trees with their awesome vibrant colors of red, yellow, and orange. Just above those trees are the trees which have already lost their leaves. Layered across one another they make a perfect design that only He could make. Peeking through the areas which do not occupy branches are the blues, greys, and whites of the sky.

No man could paint a more marvelous picture. I smile as I catch the glimpse of it all, walking by. Through the kitchen now I smell the coffee that we made. All of a sudden I am thinking of my childhood. Our kitchen never went without smelling like coffee, and I am now at the top of the basement steps. I flip on the light switch and take a deep breath in, exhale out. I've always had a problem with basements, since being a kid.

As I walk down the stairs that familiar "basement smell" comes about and the steps are painted the same color as the ones from my childhood home. Separating the clothes, I begin to load the first bit. Well, the sights and smells are like they could be from my youth but not this washer.

This is not your mothers washer! I have to laugh. Everything is the same, there is a washer and dryer, storage area and refrigerator and separate freezer. All kinds of pantry food and other supplies. But these are very modern appliances. The front load washer is pretty nice with all its features! OH MY GOSH! I am a princess! I am still laughing. Trying to see what I can make for dinner and I am only half way successful. I'll figure something out, I think to myself. Usually happens about an hour before he gets home.

He will come through the door and close out the darkness of the outside, closing the blinds and curtains I have opened because I love light filtering through the place. Smelling and seeing the dinner there waiting for him he will say, "Oh wow! You cooked dinner. You know you didn't have to do that."

I like cooking for him. I remember the last time I was here he came home to dinner just done, and me folding clothes. My hair a mess, with jeans and a t shirt and he thought I was pretty. How that works, I don't know......but I sure like it. He told me I was sweaty as he held me in his arms, wiping away the hair that had come down from my ponytail and settled here and there on my face. Kissing my lips and smiling at me, his hands now resting on my hips.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:02 PM

I think of our earlier conversation. I tell him what he has in his freezer, and hardly any of it is what he will eat. He tells me we should have gotten stuff to go in the slow cooker and I agree, and tell him next time.

A few weeks ago we went out shopping together, just looking around and of course buying things. We went along looking in stores and popped into the Yankee Candle Store. I smile just now, because I know that he does not like the baked goods candles, and those are the ones I kept opening for him to smell. It was so cute seeing his nose scrunch up as he says, "Uh-uh..don't like that!" Those are my favorites, but they are the ones he doesn't like. He smells them with me like a champ!

I saw a grimace on his face just then and my hand goes to his low back and rubs it a bit. I ask if his back is bothering him and he tells me just a little. That means yes my back is bothering me and it hurts like the devil. I say, "Lets go, I think I'm done in here," and we walk out of the store and go sit down. A few minutes later we walk past an Orange Julius. Now, these weren't my absolute favorite as a child, but as a child, we went there every once in a while. I mention this to him and he offers to get me one. I get a small one and interact with the woman who is helping us. It was pretty good, but not as good as I remember. I can hardly finish it because a couple of hours earlier we had a huge breakfast.

We find ourselves going past the lego store and I drag him in. We go in and are looking at all the different shapes and sizes and colors and I am full of excitement over it.....over legos. We leave the mall and head over to Bed Bath and Beyond and look around at everything. We end up at the slow cookers and he grabs the one he wants. He is looking at a Belgian waffle cooker that has two sides and you can make two at a time. He looks at me as he is deciding.

He says, "See, this would be good because I want two at the same time and I wouldn't have to wait for the second one." I say, "Good grief! What about me?!?!? Where's my waffle?" He says, "Oh geez, I'll have to buy to buy two of them if you think you're gonna be eating too!" Oh he cracks me up.

That was a cold October day and we settled into the house, all warm and snuggly. The fire is going and we are playing video games. I am kicking his Mario butt! I say, "Look!" Pointing to the right of us out the window the heavy flakes are falling. I am all wrapped up in a fuzzy blanket on the floor and I am looking at him with a smile and love in my eyes. That was our first snow. That was our first video game together. Our first thing like a slow cooker... Lots of firsts I am sharing with him these past several months.

This Thursday will mark our first Thanksgiving. Next month, the first time we celebrate my birthday and Christmas together. I look forward to every bit of it, for goodness sakes, I look forward to him walking through the door tonight with that sweet smile of his.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:53 PM

I saw his headlights reflecting off the window above the sink as I stood in the kitchen making dinner. I tried to make it to the door before he did to open it so he would not have to bother with his keys but he was too quick for me. He closed the door behind him and set down the mail. "Come here, baby, and give me a kiss!" I was very much obliged as I placed my left hand on his chest and leaned in for that kiss he was talking about. He flashed me that familiar smile that I am always happy to see.

He tells me dinner is smelling good as I proceed to work on it. He goes in and changes his clothes and sits down to add some things to my computer while I stick the casserole dish on the oven.

I sit across from him as we were yesterday, opposite the way we normally sit. He fixes our plates as I run downstairs for our drinks. Just normal things but oh how I love it. I start working on the dishes in between commercials and he tells me to leave it be, he will take care of it. I do what I can and leave it until I hear our show come back on and have been sitting here with him ever since.

He has just caught me looking at him and smiling. I just smiled even bigger then.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:48 AM

I was half awake when I felt him move close to me. He rubbed his warm hand across my stomach and upwards towards my neck. He began to move even closer to me so that now both of our skin is touching each other. He kisses my cheek and my forehead and I turn to him, on my side and he pulls the covers over me and pulls me close. His lips are on mine now and I begin to smile. I run my hands across his back and shoulders, neck and hair. I can only reach so far, because he is so much larger than me.

As I was in the shower rinsing my hair I thought to myself, "Hmm. I just kinda stay here for four or five days at a time, used to only be two or three." I got out and dried off and wrapped myself in a towel I was walking into the living room where he sat in his chair, one leg hanging over the side. I said, "Ya know, I am just here for days at a time. If you ever feel like it's time for me to go home please tell me." He looked at me like I am goofy and told me he didn't mind me being there. IN my mind, I was hoping he wouldn't say something like, "Well I didn't wanna say anything and hurt your feelings, but..." Of course he didn't. I was glad of that.

I lay across the couch with the towel barely draped over me and ask what he's watching. We talk for a few minutes and he says its time for his shower. He starts walking towards me and lays the remote on my stomach as he leans down and kisses me. I hear the water running and can smell his body wash. He leaves the door open as he showers. He comes out and sits on the opposite couch motioning me over. We will be watching one of our shows together. With one leg on the couch and the other on the floor he is outstretched and I stand up, my towel falling to the floor. I lay my head on his leg and am almost curled in his lap with the towel laying over me. Our bare skin feels good together..

Old 11-22-2011, 10:57 AM

When I woke this morning and felt his had on me I knew I would be leaving soon. In my mind I tried to make every second last a minute but that hardly worked. We lay there snuggling and cuddling, hugging and kissing, and all things in between in the darkness of this dreary Tuesday morning. There is not a sound to be heard besides the others breathing and a giggle here and there.

Every morning like this is like the first time. I never get tired of this, and I don't know if I ever will. I just hope he doesn't. We talked about things like this when we were very new to one another, just getting to know one another. I wanted to know if he was touchie-feelie. Absolutely. YAY! Me too! This was very important to me, as well as to the both of us. We had both been in relationships with people who were quite the opposite and truthfully, it doesn't feel good.

The human touch is one of the most wonderful things in the world, and to share in this with the one you love means everything. For him to not be able to pass by me without touching me or kissing me is just the best feeling. Most certainly I cannot pass him without doing the same.

Softly he ran his fingers across my jawline and to my lips, outlining them and moving forward to kiss them. How perfect is that? I decided it couldn't be more perfect until just a few minutes later as we lay there talking about our upcoming day. He asked me if I wanted to bring his gaming systems over to my house that he isn't using anymore for when the kids come over and I said, "Sure!"

He was going down the list of things he was trying to remember to do before he left for work, and somehow, they were all for me. I ask him how it was that he was so sweet to me and he replied with, "Because its what you deserve...." I know he is right, but I never knew until he showed me.

He told me had to get up and when he did he covered me up and kissed my nose and said, "Go back to sleep now, I'll be back to give you a kiss goodbye." With one last peek of his dressing there in front of me I close my eyes. I fall back to sleep much more easily than I could the night before.

Last night we lay there together talking and cuddling and I tell him how absolutely yummy he is. He laughs and tells me I am pretty awesome. "Nighty-night." He faces the wall now but I am not done with wanting to be near to him. I rub my hand across his shoulder and scoot up close to him wrapping my arm around him at the stomach, kissing him just between his shoulder blades. He rubs my arm and I kiss the back of his neck and move a little closer to my own side of the bed. I can feel his foot searching for my leg and once found, he runs it up and down my leg.

In the day I drank way too much coffee and in the night I lay there in bed with my thoughts running here and there, as though they have grown their own legs and feet. I think of where I've been and of where I am. I think of the huge differences between the two. I look to the ceiling where I can see the time and it is nearly midnight. He has been asleep for quite a while now and the last thing I remember is Thanksgiving. My mind had wandered there as it will be our first one together. He will be one man meeting a cluster of many people in my family all at once. We have spent our time together up until now learning about each other.

I feel him brush my hair behind my ear and I open my eyes. He tells me to have a good day and to be careful driving home. He kisses me and tells me he loves me and to behave. I smile and tell him I love him as well and ask why he always tells me to behave. "Because I know you." Well, I can only smile at that. He's right. "Your coffee is brewing." I hear the back door close and then the door of his truck slam shut.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:58 AM

I should have left by now, especially with all the things I need to be taking care of for Thanksgiving. Somehow, it just feel like this is where I am supposed to be and when I get home, it does not feel like home. It just feels like a place to be when I am not there. Looking out the window I can see the raindrops falling and bouncing off the street.

He has called me twice today. Once to just talk about whatever and the second time in response to the message I sent him: "Guess who just got called in for an interview tomorrow?"

I say hello and he asks me who. Me! I have been called two days in a row now for interviews and I am so glad of that. I am hoping the one I go to tomorrow will get me hired as it is much closer to my home. I have been out of work for a month now, and it is not easy. I know people go for months on end but there is no way I can.

Sometimes, when I am working I have a hard time dragging myself in. I live with a lot of pain and tiredness but do my best to muddle through. My Rheumatoid Arthritis proves to be a battle, but it's one I continue to fight.

Last night we were so silly, or maybe I was. I took my shower a bit early because the night before I took it a little later and he was in bed before me. I heard his chair turning around as I darted from the bathroom to his bedroom naked. He was sitting in his office and smiling at me, asking what I was doing, and I told him I was getting my shower early so he didn't beat me to bed, and I smiled a goofy smile and stuck my tongue out at him.

After cuddling on the couch and watching tv our show ended and he asked me if I was ready. "Certainly am!" He moved towards the kitchen to turn off lights and I went in the bathroom to brush my teeth. I walk into the bedroom and where is he but in bed and under the covers! Seriously?!?!?! "I think you should get up and let me get into bed and then you get back in." He starts cracking up and says, "Heck no! I made it here first!" After a bit of my pouting and whining I get into bed. He says, "Well, now that we have all that taken care of, I have to go to the bathroom. Be right back, baby."

We are such goobers, and I love every minute of it. He tells me he likes whoever this woman is that is here all the time making his bead and taking care of his home. He may have to start being with her instead. I urge him to do this. I tell him all I want is his happiness, and if thats what he wants, by all means, he should do it. Be with her if she makes you happy.

There are three pillows on his huge king sized bed. I use two of them, and he uses the other. The one that matches the one he uses is on my bed at home. When I am there, it is the one I use. That pillow is like floating on a cloud. He uses it when he is there. I have a bit of a problem trying to have things be in a certain order and symmetrical and the three pillows messes me up. My two are tan and his is chocolate. I end up putting a tan on each side and the chocolate in the middle.

He has challenged me. He says that I, or the lady who makes his bed, cannot just leave them as we use them, his on his side, mine on mine. He bets me a hundred dollars I can't. Well, I have made the bed and I have put away clothes. I made it his way, and as much as it is killing me, I will leave it that way, if only to prove that girls rule and boys drool.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:22 PM

I get on the computer after he leaves for work and check this and that and do a little writing then fall back to sleep... It seems like I've slept an eternity but I open my eyes at 9:04 am and reach for my phone. I snap a picture and send it to him, saying good morning. He is surprised and says, "OMG I swear to god I was texting you when this came through." Oh I believe him, happens that way with me all the time.....

His goodmorning picture....

Old 11-22-2011, 04:06 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
WTF is this thread about?

Old 11-22-2011, 04:37 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
WTF is this thread about?
It's a day in the life of pikantari

Old 11-22-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
It's a day in the life of pikantari
Well how bout that? I guess thats exactly what its about.... =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships