Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2011, 01:48 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
If your washer isn't balanced it can cause all kinds of issues. Most modern machines will try and balance themselves which means the cycle stops and the machine allows the clothes to settle.

Sometimes, if it's not balanced and cannot do it, your wash will end and you are left with sopping wet clothes.

Energy Star is just a stamp of approval by the gov't for energy efficiency which means it has passed all the gov't requirements for reducing the amount of energy and water it uses.
the first thing that freaked me out was when it would like spin around once to check for balance, then it would take forever for the water to fill, then the miscellaneous weird noises it makes when it's working.

I had an old washing machine, so it wouldn't do much of anything except fill wth water, wash, drain and rinse. This thing drained itself like 3 times before rinsing LOL.

And yes, I watched the load almost in it's entirety. It's the first load of it's life.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:55 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
the first thing that freaked me out was when it would like spin around once to check for balance, then it would take forever for the water to fill, then the miscellaneous weird noises it makes when it's working.

I had an old washing machine, so it wouldn't do much of anything except fill wth water, wash, drain and rinse. This thing drained itself like 3 times before rinsing LOL.

And yes, I watched the load almost in it's entirety. It's the first load of it's life.
If it's a front loader, here's a tip....run bleach and just a few rags through it every so often and leave the door open between loads otherwise you will get mold.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
If it's a front loader, here's a tip....run bleach and just a few rags through it every so often and leave the door open between loads otherwise you will get mold.
Yeah we'll have to do some maintenance to it probably once a month to try to keep it in decent shape.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:27 PM

My dog is really starting to tick me off!

His new "naughty" is to bolt when someone opens the front door. He has NEVER done this is the past, just started doing it on Friday and he's gotten out 5 times since then.

He goes completely deaf when you call him to so I have to spend a few minutes chasing him down and he keeps going further and further each time.

Ugggghhh!

Old 12-11-2011, 02:42 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Easy, they're not doing the things you are.
Okay...let me rephrase. I don't see how anyone with a life has the time for all that crap.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Okay...let me rephrase. I don't see how anyone with a life has the time for all that crap.
Yup. No life here.

Old 12-11-2011, 03:37 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times
Quote:

His new "naughty" is to bolt when someone opens the front door. He has NEVER done this is the past, just started doing it on Friday and he's gotten out 5 times since then.

He goes completely deaf when you call him to so I have to spend a few minutes chasing him down and he keeps going further and further each time.

Ugggghhh!

Your dog is what is commonly known as a 'door dasher'. Keep a pot of dog biscuits by the door and toss him a couple before you open it.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Your dog is what is commonly known as a 'door dasher'. Keep a pot of dog biscuits by the door and toss him a couple before you open it.
Thanks! I'll have to try that. The hardest part is going to be training the kids...they are the ones that keep letting him out.

I'd really like to train him to sit whenever we go to the door, or go to his bed so that he isn't near it. It used to be that he'd just stand by my side, which was fine with me. That won't work anymore I guess...lol

Old 12-11-2011, 04:26 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,573,354 times
Quote:

Ugggghhh!
Whenever my male dog bolts out the gate and seems to be oblivious to our call, chances are...he's taken a whiff of a female dog somewhere in the neighborhood. No amount of coaxing or chasing will change his mind until he's done with whatever it is he's doing.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:06 PM

I feel like a fatass...ate too much for dinner.

If I didn't mind puking I'd go self-induce right now! Blech!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships