Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2011, 06:42 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times

Advertisements

Me big alpha male

Old 11-13-2011, 06:45 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,791,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Me big alpha male

You shouldn't insult the primates that way. It shows strong evidence for regressive evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You know... I sorta pride myself on being a solid mid level thinker..... not too smart... not too dumb....

I think a lot of people suffer from a serious lack of self introspection... a lack of consciousness of themselves..... really.... a little insight into the world and how things work would help many. Life is cylindrical, things follow patterns.. there are examples all around us... most of us just don't look or see....

Life has stages... spawning... rising.....retracting.
I like to think I can think my way through things. Take a level approach to things.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:45 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Me big alpha male

Damn, I was trying to quote the picture, because, well, it needs to be repeated, but I couldn't grab it.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:46 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
No, not in my presence. Not in my reality. I compromised on fish since he was a meat eater when we met. Outside of that I have a no-kill household and I won't, no, I can't, compromise further.
Wow... dude must be madly in love to give up his place in the food chain... I don't quite understand why people would care what someone else puts in his mouth that doesn't affect them at all, but I certainly wouldn't give up my meat and I don't care who makes those demands.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:50 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,791,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Wow... dude must be madly in love to give up his place in the food chain... I don't quite understand why people would care what someone else puts in his mouth that doesn't affect them at all, but I certainly wouldn't give up my meat and I don't care who makes those demands.
I didn't make it to the top the food chain to eat vegetables.

I love fish, all sorts of meats, and I do practice moderation. And of course I do eat my vegetables. And cooking over a fire is also way good too.

Growing up on a ranch and watching the kill, it is always quick. And not wasteful by any means.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
He certainly is in love. But, it wasn't a demand. It was a choice on his part. If he wanted to be with me then a lifestyle came along with it. I was a vegetarian for many years before we met and I only dated other vegetarians. I told him we could not get involved, but he was smitten. People change religions for love/marriage. Folk move and leave their families for love/marriage. He stopped participating in the killing of mammals for love/marriage. OTOH, I know one of the qualities he cherishes about me are my convictions. I don't waver. I can't really help it. The suffering of animals crushes my soul. It's just who I am.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:56 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I didn't make it to the top the food chain to eat vegetables.

I love fish, all sorts of meats, and I do practice moderation. And of course I do eat my vegetables. And cooking over a fire is also way good too.

Growing up on a ranch and watching the kill, it is always quick. And not wasteful by any means.
Not to get too kooky, but a respect for the animal is good too... sorta the way the native Americans were.. they had a reverence for life.. they respected nature, they treated animals and others properly.... its the friggin ugly Europeans that came over here...

Old 11-13-2011, 06:58 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,567,603 times
Quote:
IDK about that... but do you ever look in the mirror and think, "Man, I've got a big ass forehead."
Nah, just "damn I'm getting old"
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I'm so not following
Your husband said you eat like a rabbit, that triggered a memory about the time were feeding Cheerios to rabbits at a sanctuary we had volunteered for one year. It was funny listening to them crunch, crunch, crunch.

Quote:
I'm mental!

I just self-diagnosed myself...I'm codependent. I'm not thinking I'm wrong either

What to do, what to do????
You are not only mental, but redundant as well.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Not to get too kooky, but a respect for the animal is good too... sorta the way the native Americans were.. they had a reverence for life.. they respected nature, they treated animals and others properly.... its the friggin ugly Europeans that came over here...
This is true. I'd certainly be happy if factory farmed meat ceased to exist. Hunting, or at least a semi-wild environment would be a heck of a lot better.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
I'm mental!

I just self-diagnosed myself...I'm codependent. I'm not thinking I'm wrong either

What to do, what to do????
I'm behind in this conversation. What's going on j6us? (I just made up that nick, sorry!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships