Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 01:35 PM

288 posts, read 717,285 times

Advertisements

I'm at the gym, or wherever, and a cute girl comes up to me and says "Hi! How's it going?"

I've never had this happen. Now, this is a situation where she is interested, and not already a friend or something - you get the idea.

Has any guy had this happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 01:39 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,108,330 times
Yes.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:48 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,839,619 times
I used to ride my bike to a gym across the street from my office. I woudl shower and then go to work. I kept my suits in a locker at the club. Since I arrived early, I woudl leave early, work out and then ride home. This was a pricey club frequented mostly by lawyers, doctors and successful businessmen. When I went over to the club are 4:30 there was always a dozen os so very nice looking women who were posing and preening each other while waiting for the men to arrive. They would even spray on a touch of fake sweat here and there. They all said hello to me with interest at first until they learned that i was just a student clerk. Then they woudl use me for opinions "Do I look sexier like this, or sitting over here? Does a little sweat on my forehead look cute or gross? Can you set that big weight over near me I think it looks bad to have that sitting next to me."

Unfortunately that club closed, but if you can find a simlar club, just rent a Corvette, buy a fancy suit go to Mexico and get a "Rolex" for $40 and arrive around 5:30. Your fantasy will be fulfilled over and over.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:53 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,284,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnTraveler View Post
I'm at the gym, or wherever, and a cute girl comes up to me and says "Hi! How's it going?"

I've never had this happen. Now, this is a situation where she is interested, and not already a friend or something - you get the idea.

Has any guy had this happen?
Why would a cute girl come up to you and say that?

If she's interested in you she will approach differently. She will be indirect.

If she's not interested in you, she will not approach at all.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:57 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,289,784 times
WOW!..you must lead a very sheltered life if something as simple as that..( I believe it happens a lot) is your ultimate fantasy....I hope your fantasy comes true..it's not at all unusual.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:53 PM

288 posts, read 717,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Why would a cute girl come up to you and say that?

If she's interested in you she will approach differently. She will be indirect.

If she's not interested in you, she will not approach at all.
I will keep this in mind - thanks! And so I gather she would simply make a comment about something, hoping that I would engage in conversation?

Old 11-04-2011, 03:09 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,021,316 times
A woman who is interested in you may not be direct, but likely will be dropping all kinds of subtle hints. Looks, body language, maybe trying to strike up more subtle conversation...

If you think a woman may be interested, you can always go to them and say "Hi, how's it going."

Old 11-04-2011, 03:14 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,021,316 times
Thought I would add an example (although it wasn't from upon first meeting).

I had developed a friendship with a woman online, and we eventually met for coffee as friends. On our second "meet" we went to a local bookstore, then a movie. We knew we liked each other, but had sort of agreed that we wanted to just be friends for various reasons (too long to get into here).

So we are at the movie, and I was being dense, engrossed in the movie. She had grabbed my hand, then cuddled up to my arm, put her head on my shoulder. (BTW, we were the ONLY people in the theatre too). I was not paying close attention, intently watching the film.

Silly me, these were sort of subtle signs. Subtle anyway, compared to what came next. She got tired of being subtle, grabbed my cheek, turned my head towards hers and kissed me.

I didn't miss that sign! I also cannot really tell you about the rest of the movie.

My point is really that women could be throwing you all kinds of signs, you just have to be paying attention.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:23 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,748,189 times
I can see this being a fantasy, since I've never seen it happen in real life, at a gym or anywhere.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:29 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,359,889 times
This for you is the "ultimate fantasy?" Really? WoW, lmfao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships