Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 02:02 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,175,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Cooper View Post
-42 Years old

-I am a virgin

-Not religious...I am an Atheist

-I do not live with my mom, I own my own home and live alone with my dog

-Childfree by choice

-Work in the computer industry and I make good money

-I am not gay, I am a Heterosexual

-I have never been abused, raped, etc.

-Never been married/dated/etc.

I have had plenty of opportunities to have sex, but I turned them all down. I find the idea of any kind of sex repulsive and gross. Am I the only guy who finds sex repulsive? Why do people make fun of me? I am not sure why society finds me "weird". In some countries across the world, being a virgin is a good thing and is respected. Someone also told me not too long ago that I may be...."Asexual".

Please.....mature and nice answers only. Thanks.
No..I do not think this happens often but it does occur..
I had a friend whom is all of the above..finds women attractive and so forth..
state to me that he is asexual...does not get sexually aroused..
He was married..for awhile and for him sex? Is more like a workout..and he will do it.
He has stated that he thinks women are hot..kim K..and so forth but he does not have a sexual drive..bottom line..
This is possible..just not typical

Old 11-05-2011, 02:14 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,570,804 times
The Mirror Has Two Faces (1996) - IMDb great movie, Jeff Bridges is sort of asexual.

Quote:
-42 Years old

-I am a virgin

-Not religious...I am an Atheist

-I do not live with my mom, I own my own home and live alone with my dog

-Childfree by choice

-Work in the computer industry and I make good money

-I am not gay, I am a Heterosexual

-I have never been abused, raped, etc.

-Never been married/dated/etc.

I have had plenty of opportunities to have sex, but I turned them all down. I find the idea of any kind of sex repulsive and gross. Am I the only guy who finds sex repulsive? Why do people make fun of me? I am not sure why society finds me "weird". In some countries across the world, being a virgin is a good thing and is respected. Someone also told me not too long ago that I may be...."Asexual".

Please.....mature and nice answers only. Thanks.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:48 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,794,508 times
I am more concerned about your regard of non sexual intimacy than actual sex.
What about hugging, holding, intimate contact and just general closeness with someone? I can understand how the anxiety involved with sex could drive someone away but hugging and holding is such a low pressure form of release I would be concerned if you didn't at least need or desire that kind of contact at this stage.

If I presented you with a totally beautiful woman (or man as the case may be) who looked, acted and smelled perfect according to your non sexual tastes, would you not at least want to be close to them and / or hold them?

Old 11-05-2011, 04:56 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times
Quote:
So that would mean that I have an aversion disorder to eating bugs since it causes me to form a negative psychological response to it. Why is it that because a guy has no interest in sex, he must have some mental issues. I do not hear people saying this for people who dislike meat. I am starting to see that sexuality is not as black and white as society thinks it is.
Because you are not "disinterested" in sex, you are REPULSED by it. You have a strong emotional reaction to sex. That is not simple asexuality.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:07 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
You are missing the point. Often perception can be different from reality. When I was very young and went on my first helicopter ride, I didn't want to do it. I was nervous and very apprehensive. Once it was over I wondered why I made such a fuss of it. Every ride I've been on since I've enjoyed greatly, to the point of operating it once myself. You don't know till you give it a chance.
Being afraid of something is different from being repulsed by it.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:49 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
Quote:
I can say the same for people who find eating bugs repulsive. They probably never ate bugs, yet they say it is repulsive to eat bugs. In other words, they find the idea of eating bugs repulsive. I find the idea of sex repulsive.

I find the smell of cabbage repulsive but I've tried it & I was right it tatse like it smell's like warmed over As! But I had to try it to know for sure.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:00 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,123,644 times
I don't find sex repulsive per se, but I don't think it's all people make it out to be. All you do is oooo aaaahhh, throw in some moaning and fall asleep. Big whoop. Should I meet the RIGHT woman and not some trick, that could change

Old 11-05-2011, 07:22 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,375,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
I don't find sex repulsive per se, but I don't think it's all people make it out to be. All you do is oooo aaaahhh, throw in some moaning and fall asleep. Big whoop. Should I meet the RIGHT woman and not some trick, that could change
There is more than the ooh and the ahh and falling asleep. There is the being that close the person you love. The feeling of almost 'oneness'

OP it sounds like it is the thought of the act and not the actual act, since you have not had sex.

I have to also wonder if you have never touched yourself in that area and thought for a second that it felt good.

I am not trying to be nosy or disgusting or non pg13, I am just wondering.

I really have nothing else to add because I like it just fine, and could not imagine not liking it. With this said, I am not going to also fault someone for being the opposite, but I would want to get to the bottom of it, as some have said, Humans are very sexual creatures..

Old 11-05-2011, 09:02 AM

36 posts, read 50,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
I am more concerned about your regard of non sexual intimacy than actual sex.
What about hugging, holding, intimate contact and just general closeness with someone? I can understand how the anxiety involved with sex could drive someone away but hugging and holding is such a low pressure form of release I would be concerned if you didn't at least need or desire that kind of contact at this stage.

If I presented you with a totally beautiful woman (or man as the case may be) who looked, acted and smelled perfect according to your non sexual tastes, would you not at least want to be close to them and / or hold them?

No I would not. Why would I hug a random person or get that close to them? Also, I am not sure what you mean by "non-sexual". I hug my family members all the time.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:05 AM

36 posts, read 50,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Because you are not "disinterested" in sex, you are REPULSED by it. You have a strong emotional reaction to sex. That is not simple asexuality.
I am both repulsed and disinterested in it. I am sure you are repulsed by a lot of things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships