Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 07:33 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesoprano View Post
I met this girl about 4 years ago at my party. She begged me to drive her back to her house in her own car because she was too drunk to drive. She seemed nice and down to earth at the time but then 2 days later, she started getting a bit verbally abusive, the insults seem like jokes but some other times, it feels like she's degrading me and testing my nerves. The second time I met her, she told me she was going through a separation with her current boyfriend and that she wasn't looking for anything other than friendship with me and I agreed. But sometimes it appears like she's not so sure what she wants and she makes little moves on me from time to time (she even kisses me sometimes saying that she loves me); but this only happens when she's drunk. When she's drunk, she's playful and down to earth, but when she's sober, she's like somewhat bossy and constantly calling me names like idiot or dumbass when I make a simple mistake. Though, like I said, she appears to insult me jokingly (especially with this really annoying smile that she has). Around the time that I first met her, she called me an idiot in front of her lady friend and then smiled so annoyingly after she said it, like she knew it would **** me off.

STOP

I stopped here. I would describe her personality as not worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 07:33 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,420,857 times
Quote:
To tell you the truth, I'm only with her because I'm being too lazy to find another woman. A woman is very hard to get as I'm sure you're aware. It's not like I can just snap my fingers and the right woman will come along. Believe me I HATE being with this girl but I'm doing it because I don't want to be alone. I know I'm being with her for the wrong reasons but until I can find another woman, this woman is like the only female companion I've got.

So what's the point of this whole thread if I already know her bad points? Well someone convinced me that she's not altogether a bad person and that she's trying to shape me up to be a strong man. Yea I know, I thought it was pretty idiotic myself so I just wanted to see if anyone else would say the same thing, maybe I'm the one that's missing something here, but I guess not.
Dude,-first off how old are you?
Second it sounds like you have some self-esteem issues here and not saying that to be mean cause honestly i was like you when i was younger.
You cant say that she is the only woman you have now so you should stick with her. That logic is silly . I would rather be happy and looking than dating this wackjob. Do you what you need to do though. Im guessing she must be really hot too but trust me it aint worth it.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:45 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times
Stop being her doormat.... She isn't really worth the trouble man and seems quite unstable. Women aren't that hard to find and definitely easier to find one better.

Other tactic is to grow some fortitude and completely stand up to her taking no "flack"... She just might be more attracted to you then.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:59 AM

830 posts, read 1,666,725 times
Default run

Leave her!

She's not going to get better and she's not going to make you better.

You said you're hanging around her because you can't find another woman. How long has it been? It's been years with her! If other women see you with a woman like that, they are going to dismiss you even more so than if you were alone. Some women will see you as a doormat, and they hate doormats (unless they're vile like this woman you're sticking to). My personal impression of seeing you with a woman like that is that you are just like her, no better than she is, and if I hate the way your woman acts, I'm going to be absolutely repulsed by you too.

Get yourself away. You don't need her and don't even think for a second that she needs you.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:00 AM

208 posts, read 604,183 times
Quote:
To tell you the truth, I'm only with her because I'm being too lazy to find another woman. A woman is very hard to get as I'm sure you're aware. It's not like I can just snap my fingers and the right woman will come along. Believe me I HATE being with this girl but I'm doing it because I don't want to be alone. I know I'm being with her for the wrong reasons but until I can find another woman, this woman is like the only female companion I've got.
Unfortunately, by doing this, you may have ensured that you're even less attractive to any potential prospects that may come along. Women who want healthy relationships don't usually say, "Hey, I'd like to date a lazy guy with no self-respect!"

Sorry to sound harsh, but that's my honest humble opinion.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:31 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Dave, you've wasted a lot of time on a user. Best of luck and stop being a doormat you freakin wuss.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:56 PM

61 posts, read 78,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mllex View Post
Unfortunately, by doing this, you may have ensured that you're even less attractive to any potential prospects that may come along. Women who want healthy relationships don't usually say, "Hey, I'd like to date a lazy guy with no self-respect!"

Sorry to sound harsh, but that's my honest humble opinion.
Fair enough

Old 11-11-2011, 02:57 PM

61 posts, read 78,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayah(812) View Post
Leave her!

She's not going to get better and she's not going to make you better.

You said you're hanging around her because you can't find another woman. How long has it been? It's been years with her! If other women see you with a woman like that, they are going to dismiss you even more so than if you were alone. Some women will see you as a doormat, and they hate doormats (unless they're vile like this woman you're sticking to). My personal impression of seeing you with a woman like that is that you are just like her, no better than she is, and if I hate the way your woman acts, I'm going to be absolutely repulsed by you too.

Get yourself away. You don't need her and don't even think for a second that she needs you.
Fair enough.

Old 11-11-2011, 03:15 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,532,532 times
Quote:

So what's the point of this whole thread if I already know her bad points? Well someone convinced me that she's not altogether a bad person and that she's trying to shape me up to be a strong man. Yea I know, I thought it was pretty idiotic myself so I just wanted to see if anyone else would say the same thing, maybe I'm the one that's missing something here, but I guess not.
You know, this is really pathetic.

Old 11-11-2011, 03:47 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,013 times
I would describe her personality as very UNNATRACTIVE.

Dude, what is your freaking problem? This girl is totally abusing you and you continue to stay because you don't think you can get something better? What is wrong with American men these days?, you have become a bunch of pansies who let a woman run your lives, abuse you and you are still there for them, like you are their little puppy dog, freaking PATHETIC!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships