Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 07:14 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times

Advertisements

There's this cute girl in one of my courses who I want to ask out. We've exchanged words a few times and today I talked to her and her friend for a bit as we left class. Then I ran into them again later today and we talked a bit more. She seems cool and I'd like to get to know her more.

But as that little story may have illustrated, she always seems to be with her good friend. I don't want to ask her out right in front of her friend because I know it can be awkward for all parties involved and possibly hurt one's chances. What should I do? They literally come in to class together and leave together. I'm secretly hoping her friend decides to skip class on Friday, or at least leaves early or something Advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 07:20 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
There's this cute girl in one of my courses who I want to ask out. We've exchanged words a few times and today I talked to her and her friend for a bit as we left class. Then I ran into them again later today and we talked a bit more. She seems cool and I'd like to get to know her more.

But as that little story may have illustrated, she always seems to be with her good friend. I don't want to ask her out right in front of her friend because I know it can be awkward for all parties involved and possibly hurt one's chances. What should I do? They literally come in to class together and leave together. I'm secretly hoping her friend decides to skip class on Friday, or at least leaves early or something Advice?
Cute and girl next to each other don't exist in College Park.

Kidding aside. Sit next to her on Friday, make conversation and ask her to do something specific like lunch on campus or something just as a quick aside.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:21 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
It can be annoying when girls always stick together like that. I'd say just don't care what her friend thinks and ask her out anyway.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:26 PM

936 posts, read 2,061,308 times
Quote:

Then just ignore the friend, and take your shot. Yes, it will be more awkward than if she were alone. But a less-than-ideal opportunity is better than no opportunity at all. Fortune favors the bold.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Cute and girl next to each other don't exist in College Park.

Kidding aside. Sit next to her on Friday, make conversation and ask her to do something specific like lunch on campus or something just as a quick aside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
It can be annoying when girls always stick together like that. I'd say just don't care what her friend thinks and ask her out anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
Then just ignore the friend, and take your shot. Yes, it will be more awkward than if she were alone. But a less-than-ideal opportunity is better than no opportunity at all. Fortune favors the bold.
All good thoughts. I'll definitely make conversation with her. I may just have to ask her in front of her friend, or maybe as we're leaving I'll kinda focus on talking to her (probably just ask her if she's getting the material) and slow down my pace. Friend doesn't notice and is a little out of earshot, I pop the question, and see where it goes from there.

Oh yeah, probably the funniest part: they both have the same name lol.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:41 PM

Query: what about getting my buddy to play wingman and talk to the friend?

Old 11-09-2011, 07:46 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
Quote:
great idea!!

Old 11-09-2011, 07:48 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Just don't end up both dating them! Might get confusing when you're talking about two different people with the same name.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Ask for her number and/or e-mail pretending you may need to contact her about something school-related and take it from there.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:54 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post

And they wonder why we don't approach them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships