Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 09:43 AM

525 posts, read 899,659 times

Advertisements

Social butterfly you are not, I would worry about the fact that you are an emotional unavailable person. What happened when you were growing up? seek a therapist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 09:47 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think your best bet would be a robot. Or perhaps you could build a girl like they did in Weird Science. Because the thing is - REAL people aren't composed of just a few key components. REAL people have more dimensions, more emotions, more feelings, more characteristics, etc. You can't create the perfect woman for you out of a few bits and pieces and then expect to find exactly that in a real person. So your best bet - robot.
I was going to suggest a blow-up doll but even that has too many insignificant parts.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:51 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stackvar View Post
It was easy to see that she had no forethought as she gave her personal phone number to someone that had just met her only two hours or so before. That only told me that she took unnecessary risks with people she perceived to be interested in her in more than a friendly manner.
You know millions of people get phone numbers all the time from people they have known for a couple hours, some result in relationships some go no further.

Just a quick question, when you were a young child what kind of relationship did you have with Mom?

Old 11-15-2011, 10:01 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
I think the OP is just plain weird and I'm surprised he has people who are trying to set him up with someone considering his outlook on life. I can't imagine why anyone would think it's inappropriate to receive someone's phone number if they've been engaging in conversation and there seemed to be some mutual interests. I would just advise him to have his friends try to set me up with someone and to forget about him in terms of finding a compatible woman who's just as odd as he is.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:02 AM

49 posts, read 44,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
So much for, 'Why do women always wait for the man to make the first move?' Damned if we do and damned if we don't.

You sound like you're in denial of being socially inept and socially awkward. You're not comfortable with yourself so you're sure not comfortable with others. Because I can't imagine you actually believing the things you're saying.

Tell me, what was she supposed to do rather than give you her number, hope she'd just happen to run into you again sometime?
The main metric I use to determine that are the number of friends I have as well as the way I am treated when I hang out with them. I am actually very engaging, funny, and extremely personable/kind when I'm with any group of people. I get compliments from both my acquaintances and co-workers as to how funny, kind, or charming I am fairly often. However, acting this way can drain me so I tend to pursue my interests solo most of the time.

I did not loathe talking with the woman I met, I even learned some things about the publishing business. However, I never thought of her as anything more than a potential friend that I would probably encounter some time later on (we met through mutual friends after all). I never thought of her in a romantic or sexual context and am not sure what I did to make her think that of me. This scenario happens to me often. I have always heard women complain about men that only pursue sexual interests, I never thought that I would meet women that did the same.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Yeah, you are psychologically unhealthy. No healthy man wants a woman with a personality like what you describe. It is one thing to seek someone who is independent and rational. But to seek a woman with no libido and no emotions? Something is wrong there.

Oh, and for our resident Myers Briggs "expert," a healthy ISTP is going to enjoy a robust sex life, as they sensuous people: The S is for sensing, meaning they use their senses to take in their world. People who jump out of planes for kicks are not going to go without sex in a relationship. Here is a brief description of an ISTP:

You know what that means sexually? Spontaneity and toys.

But don't mind me. That is just my INTJ ability to extrapolate, analyze, and see patterns in things.
I just read the document and saw a few mentions of "sensual" as a description of an ISTP's perception. This reaffirmed my suspicions.

Thanks for the warning!

Old 11-15-2011, 10:06 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
The main metric I use to determine that are the number of friends I have as well as the way I am treated when I hang out with them. I am actually very engaging, funny, and extremely personable/kind when I'm with any group of people. I get compliments from both my acquaintances and co-workers as to how funny, kind, or charming I am fairly often. However, acting this way can drain me so I tend to pursue my interests solo most of the time.

Yeah. Acting can do that to you after a while.

I did not loathe talking with the woman I met, I even learned some things about the publishing business. However, I never thought of her as anything more than a potential friend that I would probably encounter some time later on (we met through mutual friends after all). I never thought of her in a romantic or sexual context and am not sure what I did to make her think that of me. This scenario happens to me often. I have always heard women complain about men that only pursue sexual interests, I never thought that I would meet women that did the same.

So because she gave you her number you assume she's only pursuing her sexual interests? Kind of presumptuous, isn't it?

Old 11-15-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
So because she gave you her number you assume she's only pursuing her sexual interests? Kind of presumptuous, isn't it?
Its hard to come to any other conclusion when the person is frequently putting their arm around you or running their fingers over your hands. If I was wrong about that though, I'll freely admit my error.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:14 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:

Quote:
What I am really wondering is... how hard would it be to find a person like this? I'm pretty happy on my own, but I would like to show my friends that it is possible to find this type of person. Could it be done? It would be interesting to associate with someone that I could truly relate to.
Im at a loss as how you have friends, but to answer your question, perhaps try at a Narcissists anonymous meeting.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Its hard to come to any other conclusion when the person is frequently putting their arm around you or running their fingers over your hands. If I was wrong about that though, I'll freely admit my error.
Mm hmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships