Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who would you be more attracted too
5-8 guy with good Physique 12 66.67%
6-0 guy with average Physique and a little belly 6 33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 03:05 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,373 times

Advertisements

So I was complaining to some taller guys at work about how women always seem to like taller men. One of them replied by saying being tall is an advantage but not as much as being in good shape like you are. I disagreed with him but I'm just some guy so what would I know.

I'm average looking in the face and about 5-8 160lbs. At 33 I don't look like one of those guys on an underwear box anymore but I still have a flat stomach and pretty muscular arms and chest

I'm under the impression that if I had a little belly and a very average build but was 6ft tall I would have more women interested in me than I do at 5-8 with a good build

this survey is for the ladies only and I don't want to here about how it depends on personality or income and so forth. This survey is you looking at a guy in public all things the same except height and build.
who are you more attracted to physically
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 03:08 PM

748 posts, read 1,314,447 times
hmmm... I am 5'3" so either or even better both anyone is taller than me, and being fit is always atractive, now... if the guys in question were taller and fit!! well...

Old 11-17-2011, 03:14 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
I don't want to here about how it depends on personality
Of course not. The truth is too inconvenient. It would make you face the fact that plenty of men who aren't tall...or rich....or GQ handsome...have no problem getting women without lowering their standards and that would mean you'd couldn't blame women anymore for their preferences.

Sorry, but almost every guy I was ever serious about was 5'6. One was as tall as 5'8. I didn't seek them out for their height. I just happened to be attracted to their personalities.

Btw, the one I've been in love with over half my life is exactly 5'6.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:16 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
this survey is for the ladies only and I don't want to here about how it depends on personality or income and so forth. This survey is you looking at a guy in public all things the same except height and build.
who are you more attracted to physically
Well since you asked for all other things aside, I'll say build over height. But it really boils down to who gets my ***** revved up.

My husband is only an inch taller than me and he has a nice build.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:17 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Oh no. I hate guts. Guys that are 5'8'' and fit can be hot as hell. I think of my one friend who just got out of the army and was fit and about 5'7'' with a cute face. He was a jokester/flirter and had girls of all ages going crazy over him and blushing and giggling.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:21 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Of course not. The truth is too inconvenient. It would make you face the fact that plenty of men who aren't tall...or rich....or GQ handsome...have no problem getting women without lowering their standards and that would mean you'd couldn't blame women anymore for their preferences.

Sorry, but almost every guy I was ever serious about was 5'6. One was as tall as 5'8. I didn't seek them out for their height. I just happened to be attracted to their personalities.

Btw, the one I've been in love with over half my life is exactly 5'6.
of course personality is extremily important and I relize that I just don't want my survey blown up with a bunch of "It's all about the personality" posts. That's why I said all things the same.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:34 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,747 times
Depends. Who has the better face?

Also, how much is "a little belly"?

Old 11-17-2011, 04:02 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Definitely build.

A tall, out of shape guy is nasty compared to a shorter guy in grrrreat shape.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:04 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
But it really boils down to who gets my ***** revved up.
(Oh dear what word is that! lol)

Old 11-17-2011, 04:17 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,925 times
Being short myself I have never had to worry about a man being shorter then me. If he is shorter, he's too young to date! But a man with nice arms and shoulders and no beer belly....oh yeah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships