Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 01:44 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times

Advertisements

The simple answer is that you got married and know that means you aren't supposed to pack your bags and leave whenever you get into a fight. The complicated part is why you turn on each other when you seem to think job stress is what's getting to you.

Witchcraft, spells...PFFTTTTTTTTTTT

Old 11-20-2011, 03:00 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Well we are in Philly,things are pretty weird here lol
Are you trying to say shes a demon worshipper?

Doesn't sound like the two of you are on the same page, right now, locations geographical and not the reason for your marital issues.

If you really wanted to leave, you'd be gone. So, forget the hocus pocus.

I did read a couple of other threads you've posted. You've critcised her interests and how her thoughts are to young for her age. With an 11 yr age difference, her being the older, would you say this was part of the attraction when you married? Does she focus too much on her interests and not you?

I'm grasping at straws here becoz the post is vague. Why don't you sit down together to talk and tell her how you feel without being combative and blaming.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:14 PM

663 posts, read 1,082,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The simple answer is that you got married and know that means you aren't supposed to pack your bags and leave whenever you get into a fight. The complicated part is why you turn on each other when you seem to think job stress is what's getting to you.

Witchcraft, spells...PFFTTTTTTTTTTT
Yep, my thoughts exactly

Old 11-21-2011, 07:18 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Been in an interesting marriage to say the least for 6 yrs now,we've had lots of ups & downs...but lately with my work stress and everything else my marriage is starting to become a casualty. When we argue the stuff really hits the fan and many things come out which are very hurtful and it makes me want to just leave and get it over with,but every time I start to pack up my stuff and head towards the door something seems to come over me that makes me stay. Maybe she has a spell on me or something,I can't figure it out^
Six years huh? well that's about two years overdue for the old... "I love you but I'm not in love with you", or "I want to go back to school to finish my education", or "I need time apart to find out who I really am" speech from your wife.

Let me guess, your youngest is just about 4 years old now?

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-11-2013, 02:31 AM

104 posts, read 130,683 times
Default No spells on him

And no kids either. I have a child from another marriage. I've done everything I know to make him happy and it is never enough. In fact, I didn't know about his slew of posts on here until tonight and there are some doozys. He's free to leave whenever he wants now that I know how he really feels about me.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:26 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxercrew4 View Post
And no kids either. I have a child from another marriage. I've done everything I know to make him happy and it is never enough. In fact, I didn't know about his slew of posts on here until tonight and there are some doozys. He's free to leave whenever he wants now that I know how he really feels about me.
I think you need to calm down. He is still staying with you. Maybe he has figured out you are the one he wanted. Maybe you two need to sit each other down and have a heart to heart conversation first before making that final decision.

At least now you know he has unmet emotional needs. Do you think the issue needs to be addressed?

Old 04-11-2013, 04:59 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think you need to calm down. He is still staying with you. Maybe he has figured out you are the one he wanted.
most men who know what they want/need don't stick around in situations they don't need too, especially those who talk openly about their SO with such distaste. he probably just hasn't found (or been able to find) a suitable "other place" to go to yet.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:36 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Basically, you're very different and as such, incompatible, which manifests as arguments and the like. It sounds like there is no solution to your problems without one of you making major changes, which is neither reasonable nor fair, and likely impossible.

My prediction: Eventually, you'll come to realize that there is no future, and break up. Eventually, you'll look back and wonder why it took you so long. And eventually, you'll be glad when you do split up.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think you need to calm down. He is still staying with you. Maybe he has figured out you are the one he wanted. Maybe you two need to sit each other down and have a heart to heart conversation first before making that final decision.

At least now you know he has unmet emotional needs. Do you think the issue needs to be addressed?
Honestly, right now after all this, I'm not sure what I want. My emotional needs aren't being met either. The only explanation he could offer when I brought up finding these posts is that something may have pissed him off and he vented on here. A few years worth of derogatory posts is more than just venting. When he met my son, he was a young kid and he didn't like him. His reason: he was hyper. Most 5-6 year old boys do roughneck. He wasn't hyper to the point where he required medical attention. My son tried to get along with him for the first few years and then gave up when he got only a negative response in return. He will not even address my son, he speaks through me and leaves the room when he walks in. I know my son wouldn't even consider attending counseling with us because he doesn't care anymore.
If he hates my child and feels like he was forced into marriage after being together for 2 years and stays out of guilt, then I don't need that. I also don't need to be thought of as a slacker. Believe me, being in constant pain isn't something you do for fun and I get less than half of what I did when I could work. Being on my own has to be better than being with someone who feels that way.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Basically, you're very different and as such, incompatible, which manifests as arguments and the like. It sounds like there is no solution to your problems without one of you making major changes, which is neither reasonable nor fair, and likely impossible.

My prediction: Eventually, you'll come to realize that there is no future, and break up. Eventually, you'll look back and wonder why it took you so long. And eventually, you'll be glad when you do split up.
Surprisingly, we don't argue as much as you would think after reading these posts. His normal thing is not to confront me when he is upset. Apparently, he takes it to the internet hoping that people will validate and agree that he is right. Your prediction may be right. I'm too tired and upset to even think straight right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships