Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 01:27 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times

Advertisements

You know, when a marriage fails it took both people in the marriage to bring about that failure.

Blaming a third party is just a cop out - a way to place blame somewhere else other than where it belongs - on the two married people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 01:38 PM

31,061 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I think marriage should mean something and I'm sure it does to a lot of people, but even so, it still seems extremely difficult if not impossible for most couples to sustain a loving, fulfilling and faithful partnership. So it would be wise to have a plan in place regarding what you will do when obstacles arise. I don't think a lawsuit against the person cheating with your spouse is the answer.
The government does not belong in the marriage game. Marriage is a combination of Love (Emotion) and contract (Logic). Emotion and Logic do not mix and you can't apply your morality onto anyone else.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:44 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
If this were a law, then they ought to follow that up with another law, if your spouse don't put out, you can sue them

Old 11-22-2011, 01:47 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You know, when a marriage fails it took both people in the marriage to bring about that failure.

Blaming a third party is just a cop out - a way to place blame somewhere else other than where it belongs - on the two married people.
Yeh...but how many times have things happened where you had that good friend who made you take second thought that changed your mind? I have seen it a lot in other life areas. I look at it as this: Partners made an investment and another company unethically compromised that contract. They didn't have to. They did so of their own volition. You can get in trouble for poaching within companies. So should you be in societal contracts.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Yeh...but how many times have things happened where you had that good friend who made you take second thought that changed your mind? I have seen it a lot in other life areas. I look at it as this: Partners made an investment and another company unethically compromised that contract. They didn't have to. They did so of their own volition. You can get in trouble for poaching within companies. So should you be in societal contracts.
If a spouse has "second thoughts" that's on THEM, not the person who caught their attention

Old 11-22-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
If a spouse has "second thoughts" that's on THEM, not the person who caught their attention
Not for companies!

Old 11-22-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Not for companies!
Okay fine, but in committed relationships the buck needs to stop with the two people married to one another

Old 11-22-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Okay fine, but in committed relationships the buck needs to stop with the two people married to one another
Hey...at least its not caveman savage...lol

I have to wonder how many more issues would be prevented or created by getting the satisfaction from the lawsuit.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:04 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
I wonder if that law is even used?

I can't see suing the third party.... what if they didn't know the person they were seeing is married?

The third party has no obligation of loyalty, but the spouse who was fooling around does.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:07 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,089,219 times
Quote:
So you really think that the person that catches the spouses attention, and knows the person is married, should have no responsibility and no morals or ethics to stay away?

Are you the type of person that feels there is no need for employers to carry out ethical practices, is it every man/woman for themselves in society?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships