Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 04:57 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,902,601 times

Advertisements

I am just wondering what is the point of cheating I guess? If a person is that unhappy or unfulfilled, why cheat, why not just leave?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 05:33 AM

306 posts, read 1,243,320 times
yes u are absolutely right..

unfort..cheaters don't look at that the whole picture..it's instant self gratification..don't look at long term results..it's about the thrill..NOT getting caught..deep inside maybe wanting to get caught..it's missing a part in yourself and trying to find it..............it's a very childish act...It's playing russian roulette every day with your life and others.....WHY not leave..why when you can have your cake and eat it too..(selfish)

I can say this from personal experience i was all the above..I was stupid and uncaring.............God i am glad i grew up and took responsibility of my actions.........Before it was tooooooooo late............and finally i did leave..at a very dear cost...........nothing i am proud of NOW........

Old 08-29-2007, 05:35 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
I wonder that too.
Maybe laziness? I had this coworker one time who cheated on his wife. They have been married for almost 30 years and everyone at work knew what was going on. A couple of us asked him why one time and he said he would never leave her because she was a good wife, just didn't care about sex anymore, so he finds it somewhere else. He also said he has too much invested in the house, vehicles, etc. and going through a divorce would be too much trouble. Sounds like laziness to me.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:38 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,537,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I wonder that too.
Maybe laziness? I had this coworker one time who cheated on his wife. They have been married for almost 30 years and everyone at work knew what was going on. A couple of us asked him why one time and he said he would never leave her because she was a good wife, just didn't care about sex anymore, so he finds it somewhere else. He also said he has too much invested in the house, vehicles, etc. and going through a divorce would be too much trouble. Sounds like laziness to me.
I agree with this....and through in a lack of emotional depth. It's just easier to get sex elsewhere than to work on it at home. I've known a lot of cheaters and it's always about sex.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:12 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,038,208 times
All of the above. The biggies that haven't been mentioned yet are financial. Unless you are quite wealthy, a bitter divorce will pretty much destroy you financially and ruin your possibilities of retirement. Next is child support. It's a huge chunk of your income every month. Many want to have children but they don't want to pay.

Much easier to just get a little side action. I think money plays a big part in infidelity.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:43 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
I think men in general just get bored and want something new, so they find ways to fulfill those desires. Men seem to be weaker vessels in the ways of being tempted, it doesnt take much for some attractive woman to walk by, use body language as a signal, then all of a sudden all his circuits are maxing out and hes following her like a lost dog. It doesnt makwe it right, its just mens nature (for the most part).

Old 08-29-2007, 06:43 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,166,444 times
Some cheat just because they can -
I think some get a thrill out of it and get away with it.

I often wondered the same thing - If you're going to cheat, leave whoever you are with and move on.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:37 AM

141 posts, read 613,417 times
For some....it's the "have your cake and eat it too" theory. You might have a wonderful SO at home who looks great to the outside world and takes care of things at home but doesn't satisify all the needs. So the SO will hunt for those needs elsewhere. They may not want to give up what they have at home, so they attempt both.
I've never really liked cake myself...

Old 08-29-2007, 08:52 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,902,601 times
What about when it's just a boyfriend or girlfriend they are cheating on? Why be with someone that doesn't fulfill your needs, it's not like being married when you'd have to go through a messy divorce or whatever. Somene on another thread mentioned (can't recall who) that they cheated on a BF because it wasn't a caring fulfilling relationship, so WHY NOT JUST MOVE ON?

Old 08-29-2007, 09:08 AM

141 posts, read 613,417 times
I'm sure there's a lot of different reasons.
One main reason is....the cheater is CHICKEN POOP and doesn't have the guts to move on.
Or....they don't want to deal with the conflict so they stay in the relationship because they think it's easier.
Or....they are looking to get caught on the show "Cheaters" so they can show the world what pathetic losers they are.
I don't think there's one correct answer to your question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships