Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 01:19 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,515 times

Advertisements

I'm a 26 year old male who has never dated, never approached a female, never kissed a woman, etc. I'm realizing that I have absolutely no social skill and need to change. I just have a hard time talking to women. Recently, I started dressing better, and have gotten more glances. In any case, does anyone have any suggestion for turning around my 'dating' life, which is literally a train wreck.

Anyways, I'm trying to make some changes and was looking for suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 01:24 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
I am wondering if you have any real life female friends. Women who are just your friends and could give you pointers or tell you honestly what they think it is that you may or may not be doing wrong.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:29 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,636 times
i agree, it seems like u are making women out to be like aliens or some other life form. just have a normal conversation with one as if you were talking to a guy. Dont worry about trying to do anything with them yet. Make sure ur comfortable with them on a friendship level before moving on

Old 12-12-2011, 01:38 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,762,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
I'm a 26 year old male who has never dated, never approached a female, never kissed a woman, etc. I'm realizing that I have absolutely no social skill and need to change. I just have a hard time talking to women. Recently, I started dressing better, and have gotten more glances. In any case, does anyone have any suggestion for turning around my 'dating' life, which is literally a train wreck.

I definitely understand where you're coming from, my friend...same deal here; no g/f, no kisses, no nothing, until I was already 30+. I admittedly had quite a few dates, but nothing beyond a second date, and nothing that led to a relationship.

I wish I had better or more helpful advice to give you, but all I can really say is, please keep trying, and certainly don't give up! Cause you never know, when you're gonna meet that one special, gentle girl, who will love you wholly and completely, for exactly everything you are Even though it took me over 30 years myself to get there, I don't regret for one minute having to wait to find her, b/c if it hadn't happened that way, who's to say I would have found her in the first place?

Old 12-12-2011, 01:39 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post

You need a life coach.

Spend the money as an investment in yourself

Old 12-12-2011, 01:45 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Confidence comes from self improvement. Set some realistic goals and meet them. Challenge yourself and step out of your comfort zone.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:08 PM

354 posts, read 618,011 times
I honestly have no idea why so many guys seem to have trouble just approaching women. I mean come on! What is it about women that make you so nervous? I am not the best looking, I am not tall and I am not wealthy. I have had no problem finding women to be in relationships with. Attractive ones also . I just do not get it . Man up and ask one out sometime. You will see that it is not that difficult.

If it doesn't work, don't get discouraged. There are always others.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:14 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,267,364 times
First of all, at 26 you are quite far from a "40 year old virgin". You clearly need to stop thinking of yourself as a failure or a "train wreck" in this regard.

You provided very few details in your initial statement. Generally, if you are looking for a girlfriend then you going to have to put forth an effort and get out of your house or apartment. Sitting at home on the computer, playing video games and/or watching TV doesn't cut it if that's what you've been doing.

You can meet women in so many places. Book groups, co-ed sports teams, church, clubs, concerts, work -- and then countless random places like standing in line for ice cream or something. Irregardless of the situation, you will need to be willing to be the first person to make contact.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:34 PM

60 posts, read 142,004 times
Try to talk to the ladies like you would to a guy. Keep trying and learn from your mistakes. Over time, before you know it, you'll have a relationship going. Don't give up, but also don't give your self too much pressure. GL.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:13 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,964,579 times
What you have is a confidence problem. Take a vacation to a place you know you will never go back to and become someone your not. Get laid and then go back home and be yourself. Just don't do anything to get thrown in jail.. If your a good guy you have to understand today women are begging for a decent guy so know your worth.. If it's the looks of the women you concerned or intimidated with remember looks fade. A sexy young thing in her 20's now will soon be a regular woman in her 30's etc.. Here's something women won't speak on but they know. The older they get the more they tend to become invisible to men....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships