Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 01:51 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
That's really a reflection on your girlfriend, not you. She made the assumption. You were just being yourself.
No it wasnt, It was me, I think introverted shy people may not realize, how they are perceived. I'm no longer like the way I was, and I can recall what I used to do, like avoiding eye contact for example, it doesnt come off as all that approachable. That and she wasnt the only person that said that about me, so it was me not her. And as I no longer suffer from it, I can see the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 02:25 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudra View Post
Typical defensive-offensive attitude I was talking about. I never assume shy people are stuck up, it's YOU who jumped to the conclusion. Really, you timid people are the problem.Together with the super anti socials who claim that everyone talking to them is a blabbermouth. Darren, please tell these clueless STUBBORN PEOPLE who never listen. Don't want to open mouth, don't want people to invade your space. Nobody knows you except yourself, if you won't budge, why then should anybody else ? DOUBLE STANDARDS

For example, if people can't understand my French(and they sometimes don't!) or whatever, I don't blame them, it's often my own language skills that are wanting. Sure, the others can be patient but the ball is in my court. I can moan and groan that people don't engage me in conversation or I can TRY to better my ability to speak. I am aware that there are others who can chat better so why should folks bend over backwards for me ?

I'm done with this.
Wow I'm guessing a shy person must have really hurt you. By the way when did this thread become about attacking shy people? Maybe we would come out of our shells if people would stop with the unprovoked hostility.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
I was shy too at one point, and I just worked on NOT being shy instead of hoping the world would see me differently, it was I that had the problem.
And what if your okay with it?

Old 12-19-2011, 05:08 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
And what if your okay with it?

If you're okay with it, then I guess this thread doesn't apply.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:16 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
yea. how often do you see women that look like megan fox or jenny mccarthy sitting holed up in a corner somewhere at a party? rarely, if ever.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:26 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Who cares? People can be extroverted or introverted - it has nothing to do with looks. And usually people that come off as stuck up are coming off as stuck up for a reason - and not necessarily because they are attractive. There are unattractive people that come off as stuck up as well.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:51 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times
Quote:
Are Extroverts Better Looking? | Psychology Today

Granted most people are extroverted to begin with, but is an attractive person more likely to be extroverted than an average or unattractive person?
Yes. They have more confidence.

People will be more likely to listen to attractive people (particularly if you are of opposite sex, obviously) so attractive people will be more confident in what they have to say.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:32 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,747 times
One introvert you would never expect...Brad Pitt:

Quote:
Known for his portrayal of exciting energetic characters on the screen, Brad Pitt is said to be shy and protective in his personal life.

Brad Pitt The Mexican

Old 12-20-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Are Extroverts Better Looking? | Psychology Today

Granted most people are extroverted to begin with, but is an attractive person more likely to be extroverted than an average or unattractive person?
To answer your question most of the other posters got it right. There's no correlation between attractiveness and shyness. I can see the thought process behind your theory though. Just imagine two sisters, one is very cute, the other not so much. Obviously as they grow older the cute sister gets tons of positive attention from guys some of which are the most popular boys in school. So she gets invited into their inner circle. Meanwhile the unattractive sister is constantly teased and berated by everyone because of it.

So yes I can see how attractive people are more extroverted than unattractive people but it's just not true.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:03 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
I think it's generally true.

People who are generally considered attractive come from a life long exposure of positive reinforcement from people who seek their attention. They more often than not, learn to be sociable unconciously at a very early age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships