Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 07:37 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,765 times

Advertisements

Bald is sexy, but I would be understanding if my partner felt better in a hair piece. Both are better than a come over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 08:01 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I don't believe Tom Cruise pumps his own gas!
Come to think of it, neither do I. But even if he did, he wouldn't be caught dead without his hair (presuming this is a toupee, which I don't believe it is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Bald is sexy.
You happen to find it sexy, at best (withought delving into other reasons for saying it that is). The bottom line is it's an opinion, not a fact, as stated. Had it been universally sexy, there wouldn't be hundreds of products on the market to change it in one way or another. It's like saying that short and straight eyelashes are sexy. That explains the thousands of mascaras and fake lashes available, doesn't it?!

Old 12-26-2011, 08:01 PM

17,634 posts, read 22,629,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Bald is sexy, but I would be understanding if my partner felt better in a hair piece. Both are better than a come over.
comb over...

Old 12-26-2011, 08:02 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
comb over...
Freudian slips are excused on this forum.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
comb over...
Ha ha thanks, well it could have been worse!

Old 12-26-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

You happen to find it sexy, at best (withought delving into other reasons for saying it that is). The bottom line is it's an opinion, not a fact, as stated. Had it been universally sexy, there wouldn't be hundreds of products on the market to change it in one way or another. It's like saying that short and straight eyelashes are sexy. That explains the thousands of mascaras and fake lashes available, doesn't it?!
Well I should clarify that it is sexy on a few men, not all men can pull it off. But if a man is more than 40 percent bald I think it's more attractive to shave his entire head than to wear a hair piece.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:10 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,694 times
I can tell you right now that if I started going bald, I'd freak out and then go buy myself a wig. I totally understand why some men would prefer a toupee to bald.

Personally, I am not into bald men (or closely buzzed haircuts). At my age, hair is a MUST on a guy, although a receding hairline is okay. As I get older, I may relent a bit there, because it's just a reality that many men lose their hair with age, and I prefer to keep my standards realistic. I don't think bald is sexy though; it's something to be overlooked, IMO.

My aunt does hair pieces for men (and extensions for women), and when they are done well, you really have no idea. They don't take it off at night either, and they wash it like regular hair. Only the hairdresser sees their bald head.

I'd be fine with that if a guy chose to go that route over bald, especially if he is still relatively young. It's not like we women don't have our beauty tricks.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:24 AM

6 posts, read 45,772 times
Lot of good opinions guys. All food for thought. To clarify for some of you, the toupee I would consider wearing, the type that George Clooney may have, Tom Cruise may have and the rest of the actors in Hollywood who wear hair pieces would have is glued on (sounds kinda gross and painful, i know), therefor, would not fall off in the bedroom or during most normal circumstances.

Also, why is it so hard to believe that Tom Cruise wears a toupee? Isn't it strange to you guys that actors these days aren't going bald? Is it more likely that anyone who steps in front of a camera happens to have amazing genes which exempt them from baldness or that they buy the best hair pieces money can afford so people will still find them attractive and keep wanting to see their movies? The answer seems pretty clear to me, I mean Tom Cruise is almost 50 and has a perfect hairline, no signs of thinning and no grey hairs on his head...Look around at how many 50 year old men look like that, it's really not common at all. And you can say healthier lifestyles but even people who have healthy diets and work out regularly can circum to male pattern baldness.

I'd like to repost this link just for people who may not have seen it:

Movie Hair System New Roots Joe's 'Cut-In' Toronto, Ontario Canada newroots@rogers.com 416-631-7857 - YouTube

Just seems to me like the negative stigma when people hear toupee comes from the fact that they immediately thing of what they used to look like.

I know it seems I am leaning hard towards the toupee angle, but honestly just playing devils advocate...it's a lot harder going bald than some may think...anyway keep the opinions coming I love reading them and I'll try to reply more often!!

Old 12-27-2011, 02:11 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
The worst of all is a bad comb-over.
Bill Murray from the movie Kingpin.

Last edited by chielgirl; 12-27-2011 at 03:11 AM..

Old 12-27-2011, 05:32 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times

1990's INFOMERCIAL HELL #19: Spray paint the bald away with GLH, by Ronco, of course! - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships