Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 07:02 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,475,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
WOW, he's a CFO? That's big money!

Instead of divulging further info, you can talk to a legal person and get out of this.

Madam, get out of this and kick his putain back to France. He will catch another female after you and victimize them all. Rectify the situation and help your fellow sisters. I'm not kidding.
Total agree. Get out now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 07:04 PM

663 posts, read 1,081,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains;
So why do you stay?
She wants EU citizenship. Apparently it's worth all this mess.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:06 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
She said she's leaving in April. That's only 4 months away. It's not like the guy is threatening her life. I think she's smart to plan.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:12 PM

663 posts, read 1,081,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu Again;
I have a consult with a woman who has written books on verbal abuse (on Tues)... My husband just lacks affection, is aloof most of the time, tells me it's all about me (this means it's all about HIM)... here is an example of the things he does and says: See below:

By the way, these are ALL examples of verbal abuse via talking to professionals and reading books.

It's always about YOU YOU YOU.
On Facebook again?
Talking to your lovers?
Shut the f*uck up
I asked you to do one thing today and you screwed it up
I've told you a million times
How many times do I have to tell you?
You are irrational
You are selfish
You never think about me, it's like your are the only one in this relationship
Stop blaming everyone else/others - he will interrupt me during arguing and keep saying this over and over......
You NEVER listen
Only care about yourself
That's your perception… (will say this over and over in one argument)
Locks me out of house/hotel
You never let me talk
You're the expert
If he loses something, it's my fault, either I put it somewhere, threw it away etc. Then if he finds it, doesn't apologize for blaming me.
What will you do if his abuse turns physical? Or should I say, when it does? I realize your desire for citizenship but I would rather contribute as much as possible towards retirement in the US than put up with this shiet.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:43 PM

56 posts, read 79,746 times
I'm french and we're not all that bad. I promise! Sorry but your husband is a real connard!! I don't know nothing about immigration but i think it's quite easy. French is a hard language to learn and it takes years to speak it properly!

Old 12-31-2011, 08:10 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
He is French right? Ask him to surrender.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:10 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu Again View Post
I have a consult with a woman who has written books on verbal abuse (on Tues)... My husband just lacks affection, is aloof most of the time, tells me it's all about me (this means it's all about HIM)... here is an example of the things he does and says: See below:
What will this woman say you don't already know?? Coping skills, deflecting the verbal abuse? Please let me know.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:27 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu Again View Post
They are all from Paris.....
Just remember in the future

eastern france > western france

although you can easily travel between both in two-three hours, I still found it to be a big difference personally.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:27 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
I take it back. I take it back. I'm being unfair on Marquis de Jacquesass

He wanted American residence. She wanted moolah, EU citizenship and healthcare.

It's a perfectly symbiotic, sea anemone hermit crab business contract. As in any contract, complications do crop up.

Endure Apply lubricants. Run the bus to the next stop.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:18 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I take it back. I take it back. I'm being unfair on Marquis de Jacquesass

He wanted American residence. She wanted moolah, EU citizenship and healthcare.

It's a perfectly symbiotic, sea anemone hermit crab business contract. As in any contract, complications do crop up.

Endure Apply lubricants. Run the bus to the next stop.
We do not know his motives 100% because he is not the one posting.

However - she CLEARLY didn't marry him for his 'moolah'. The guy had just lost his job AND she signed a prenup. So where do you get this BS from?

Ya know - for someone who has made an artform out of sabotaging his own relationships, you sure do make a lot of ASSumptions about other people's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships