Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 04:52 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times

Advertisements

The idea for this topic came up from another thread I though it might be intresting to go over.

There was a movie out a while back (Must Love Dogs) Before the movie started it showed seveal different people telling where they like to go and meet others. Most of the people were decent looking no super models or anything. However the last two people they showed were super models.
For the people who don't look like Brad or Angelina do they tend to take relationships more seriously then those they do? Knowing that thier looks might hold them back to some extent? Or at least believe that thier looks hold them back. I've seen men/women who tend to have people of the opperstite sex trip over thier feet to meet them. Not to mention wanting to be with them. We all pretty much agree that looks are the first thing you notice about someone. I've visted some profiles here before I posted this and some of you photoshop the hell out of your picture to make yourself look younger,etc. Then some people just take good pictures.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 04:56 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
The idea for this topic came up from another thread I though it might be intresting to go over.

There was a movie out a while back (Must Love Dogs) Before the movie started it showed seveal different people telling where they like to go and meet others. Most of the people were decent looking no super models or anything. However the last two people they showed were super models.
For the people who don't look like Brad or Angelina do they tend to take relationships more seriously then those they do? Knowing that thier looks might hold them back to some extent? Or at least believe that thier looks hold them back. I've seen men/women who tend to have people of the opperstite sex trip over thier feet to meet them. Not to mention wanting to be with them. We all pretty much agree that looks are the first thing you notice about someone. I've visted some profiles here before I posted this and some of you photoshop the hell out of your picture to make yourself look younger,etc. Then some people just take good pictures.

LMAO....

anyway average to ugly looking people have to try harder at everything in life.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:55 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post

There was a movie out a while back (Must Love Dogs) Before the movie started it showed seveal different people telling where they like to go and meet others. Most of the people were decent looking no super models or anything. However the last two people they showed were super models
Did you forget to finish your story?

Old 02-19-2012, 07:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
they are braver, nicer, more compassionate, more hard working diligent and more humble.
the temptation to be a jerk when u r good looking is great.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
Did you forget to finish your story?

Sort of. The two supermodels were asked the same question. Thier anwser was everywhere. Then one of them asked, Why is there a problem meeting people? I would think that people who feel like they have more to lose would take things more seriously, when it comes to relationships anyhow.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
they are braver, nicer, more compassionate, more hard working diligent and more humble.

It does seem that why at times.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:18 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,331,748 times
that's right huckleberry!

Old 02-19-2012, 09:27 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Is this serious? That's not true at all..

Most people who are ugly are ugly because they are too lazy to put in any work to making themselves look better. Their work ethic really isn't any better than a good looking person's, and some of the meanest and most spiteful people I have met are ugly.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:07 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,407,530 times
It really depends on the person. Appearance is just one part of it, and I don't think that good-looking people do nothing but coast on their looks, nor do I think that average (or below-average) looking people always overcompensate for their looks by developing all of these other positive attributes. There are so many other factors that come into play WRT relationships, such as self image, how others perceive you, your values, your priorities, etc. If having a successful relationship is what's important to you, you'll try harder, regardless of looks. You'll be motivated to go out and meet people. And attractiveness is subjective - one man's meat is another man's poison, so they say.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:18 PM

297 posts, read 726,706 times
Actually I think average looking people have it the easiest so far as attracting other people.

If you are REALLY good looking, many times people are afraid to approach you. Think they are not "good enough" to ask, etc.

Something funny... I have met several exceptionally good looking people who thought they were ugly because people would not come up to them and talk. There are some very lonely very good looking people out there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships