Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 07:55 AM

526 posts, read 955,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicitev21 View Post
In regards to the sex situation, I tell them that I do not have sex until Im in a committed, monogamous relationship.

Giving guys sex is way too easy, then they're out the door. At least this way I still have my self respect.
Agreed 100%. Good for you to keep your standards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 07:55 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
In regards to the sex situation, I tell them that I do not have sex until Im in a committed, monogamous relationship.

Giving guys sex is way too easy, then they're out the door. At least this way I still have my self respect.
You also still have your looks

Lots of women and men with children find someone who accepts both them and their children so don't give up.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:05 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
Agreed! Especially when there are guys out there who would jump at this situation.

All she has to do is be cautious, extra choosy, and refrain from letting them get involved in the childs life until more commitment is established.

Haven't you guys ever seen the Brady Bunch for Gods sakes...it happens!
LMAO, are you effin kidding me. The Brady Bunch! This was a joke right? You want somebody to live their life based on a old tv show.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:06 AM

622 posts, read 1,280,135 times
Quote:
ok...well I never date guys under 28, because I realize the majority of them are not ready to handle a relationship with three kids. Like I said , I realize that the children could be an issue in dating, but here I'm discussing where the guy already knows that I have kids and we are already on a date. Yes, I always tell guys right off that I have children. Im also extremely hesitant to date men without at least one kid, because they really cannot understand the commitment and responsibility that I have to give to my children. Their father and I just do not associate. He lives in another state, and while he is not really involved, we also are not bickering and causing each other problems all the time. We just don't have any sort of relationshuip whatsoever. I'm definitely not trying to jump from man to man or have any more children. If I just wanted to have fun and screw all the time I could EASILY find that. Most women could. And no I don't say I'm married lol, just need to change that on here I guess. I don't know how to switch where I'm looking, because I'm looking everywhere!! Im set in my life, I just want to find that other person who I can talk to all the time, cuddle up with, make dinner for, sex whenever I want, just someone to share my life with, because I'm happy, now I want to make someone else happy too!!

Be very wary of most of these guys. Most of them see single moms as an easy mark. And a lot of times they are right. Im glad you are smart enough not to fall for this.

Are you undateable? No not at all. Is it going to be harder for you? Probably. But I think it is very possible for you to find someone. Dating a girl with children is difficult. But it will happen. Just be honest about your expectations and stick to your values. Maybe look at guys a few years older. Until then just keep being a good mother and let things happen.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Im so tired and frustrated of being single. Im fairly young (29) have a college degree, good job, own place. Im a sweet, genuine, loyal person, have a variety of interests, excellent cook, love sports and beer and my sex drive is through the roof. Im almost always the one wanting sex in my relationships. I think my only "con" would be that I have three children from my previous relationship. But there are plenty of single fathers out there too. All my children have the same father and we have nothing between us, good or bad. I have no trouble getting initial dates, but I cannot seem to meet anyone that is genuinely interested in me and wants to pursue a relationship. Once they discover that Im not the girl that is gonna put out after two dates that's where it ends. Im not dating justany guy who asks me out, I take my time, get to know them and i will conversate with a guy for awhile before even going out on a date. So if a man is appearing to have the qualities I want and seems like he is genuinely interested in me, wtf is wrong here? I can only think that something must be wrong with me?
The reality is most single men who dont have kids don't want to deal with women with kids. And the ones who do probably think your a easy booty call, which is probably why after two dates and no sex they bounce.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:13 AM

5,342 posts, read 14,142,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
LMAO, are you effin kidding me. The Brady Bunch! This was a joke right? You want somebody to live their life based on a old tv show.
Happened in my extended family in the last 2 years. Sister with 3 kids married a guy with 3 kids. Both successful professionals in their fields and are totally happy together.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:16 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,921,420 times
I'm not in the habit of looking at profiles, but I have to admit--the OP is very attractive ( the glasses actually add to your appeal, IMHO), and seems to have a pleasant personality, as well.

However.....

There are serious issues of judgement here that are simply impossible to ignore. Not one, not two, but THREE children, apparently all out-of-wedlock, and all before the young age of 29?? A person could easily undertake the possibility of helping to raise one child, but with three, you're asking for a quite a bit here. And even with the monetary issues set aside, there is the issue of your ex-"boyfriend"--is he still involved, financially and/or otherwise, and will he always demand some attention in some form because he is the actual father?

Any reasonable suiter, no matter how attracted to you he may be, and no matter how understanding, has to ask himself, "What exactly is going on here"? , or "What were you thinking when all this was happening"?

You, the OP, are without question, a very sweet, attractive young woman, but there are serious issues here that are not easily resolved here, and sex is the least of them.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheGuy View Post
Happened in my extended family in the last 2 years. Sister with 3 kids married a guy with 3 kids. Both successful professionals in their fields and are totally happy together.
I'm not saying its impossible, but don't tell somebody to do something because it looks good on tv.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
I'm not saying its impossible, but don't tell somebody to do something because it looks good on tv.
Actaully you were insinuating that it only happens on tv and not in real life. No one is telling anyone to do anything. We are saying there is clearly hope for the OP and that there are probably plenty of Brady Bunch scenarios in the world today with all the divorce and children born out of wedlock.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
The reality is most single men who dont have kids don't want to deal with women with kids. And the ones who do probably think your a easy booty call, which is probably why after two dates and no sex they bounce.
and now apparently you know "most single men".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships