Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2012, 02:58 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Yes, but who knows...as usual, men say they want one thing, then, when they actually have it, they don't want it. Lesson learned. Again. And again....

"Oh, I am looking for someone just like you, I am so lucky, you are so wonderful"...then, they dump you.... who can figure it all out...?! I have never been able to understand the whole thing.

Unlucky in love, and cards. So much for Valentines Day.
Maybe he lives his life one week at a time.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:04 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Female friend?

Turn it to your advantage if so...
we're like 88% friend and match and 4% enemy too lol. sure enough we get along well IRL. although she never seems to approach me to hang out :/

Old 02-01-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Can someone explain how the latest secretary with the biggest knockers in the department got a 100% raise while people are/were getting laid off? The others from what i understand were not even given a 1% raise...lol. I guess this new manager is not even trying to be discrete.

Countdown to the unfolding of yet another office drama:
Popcorn - check
Drink - check
Digital recording device - check

Cant wait! lol
Not buying it;
a) Unless the manager doubles as the CEO the raise will have final approval from someone else.
b) Unless she was grossly underpaid upon hire a 100% increase will put her out of the pay range. If this is a decent size company there is a pay range.
c) Departments have budgets, this will obviously blow the budget out of proportion. Boob pun not intended.
d) Prove it.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:11 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Not buying it;
a) Unless the manager doubles as the CEO the raise will have final approval from someone else.
b) Unless she was grossly underpaid upon hire a 100% increase will put her out of the pay range. If this is a decent size company there is a pay range.
c) Departments have budgets, this will obviously blow the budget out of proportion. Boob pun not intended.
d) Prove it.
Maybe he's sick of his job and wants to be fired to collect unemployment and any compensation package he has with the company??

Old 02-01-2012, 03:19 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Not buying it;
d) Prove it.
Honestly i couldn't care any less whether or not you believe me.

A little background info to appease ya. Managers conduct annual evals, based on a point scale, that determine the % of raise an employee gets. The current economic crisis has seen the firm hand out very few raises and actually, they've been down sizing the number of duplicate positions to save money. Which is why this move was "anonymously" made a public affair by someone in the HR department. They cut the number of secretaries to save funds and this lad ups the pay of his office FB 100% without any concrete justification...nothing on the point scale to support the move. Like i said, it seems he wants to be fired or has probably already found another job and this is his last eff you before departing. Either way, he has some serious explaining to do by Friday, I'm being told. We'll see!!

Old 02-01-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Maybe he's sick of his job and wants to be fired to collect unemployment and any compensation package he has with the company??
Assuming the company would offer a severance package and the offense wouldn't disqualify him from UE.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:28 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
Trust me, there wont be any compensation package if what these talk heads are saying has any merit.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Honestly i couldn't care any less whether or not you believe me.

A little background info to appease ya. Managers conduct annual evals, based on a point scale, that determine the % of raise an employee gets. The current economic crisis has seen the firm hand out very few raises and actually, they've been down sizing the number of duplicate positions to save money. Which is why this move was "anonymously" made a public affair by someone in the HR department. They cut the number of secretaries to save funds and this lad ups the pay of his office FB 100% without any concrete justification...nothing on the point scale to support the move. Like i said, it seems he wants to be fired or has probably already found another job and this is his last eff you before departing. Either way, he has some serious explaining to do by Friday, I'm being told. We'll see!!
I understand the evaluation system which is what I based my OP by. You have already proved part of my point by saying "without any concrete justification...nothing on the point scale to support the move" and " he has some serious explaining to do by Friday." Additionally, the raise will more than likely be nullified since it is unlikely it has taken effect yet, unless you work for a really super efficient company.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:34 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Trust me, there wont be any compensation package if what these talk heads are saying has any merit.
You never know. When my husbands company was bought out a few years back the newbies came in and fired/replaced a few VP's thinking they had found loopholes in their contracts.

They wound up paying out a good chunk of change when those VP's took them to court.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
You never know. When my husbands company was bought out a few years back the newbies came in and fired/replaced a few VP's thinking they had found loopholes in their contracts.

They wound up paying out a good chunk of change when those VP's took them to court.
Contracts: different situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships