Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 05:47 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,849,637 times

Advertisements

I have been seeing my girlfriend for a little over 3 months, she is great and I am head over heels in love with her. She has a son from a previous relationship who I get along with tremendously (doesn't see his dad), I only met her 5 months ago but I feel like we know each other really well, she's kind, funny, attractive and in all honesty I can't see myself doing any better (or wanting to lol) so I was thinking should I ask her to marry me? I am nervous, apprehensive and excited all at once. Do you think it is to soon, is the fact that I am having doubts at all a bad sign or should I just man up and ask her? And any tips of a romantic way to ask for under 300 pound?! lol

All help appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 05:49 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
I have been seeing my girlfriend for a little over 3 months, she is great and I am head over heels in love with her. She has a son from a previous relationship who I get along with tremendously (doesn't see his dad), I only met her 5 months ago but I feel like we know each other really well, she's kind, funny, attractive and in all honesty I can't see myself doing any better (or wanting to lol) so I was thinking should I ask her to marry me? I am nervous, apprehensive and excited all at once. Do you think it is to soon, is the fact that I am having doubts at all a bad sign or should I just man up and ask her? And any tips of a romantic way to ask for under 300 pound?! lol

All help appreciated!
What's the rush?

This is WAY too fast.

Time is your friend, I suggest you respect that

Old 01-27-2012, 05:50 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,474,130 times
I think after you've lived together for at least a year is good timing. Right now, you really don't know her all that well - whatever you think.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:51 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,310,576 times
Yes

Too fast

Old 01-27-2012, 05:59 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,494,847 times
Too much, too soon.

Slow it down Romeo. It's a recipe for disaster.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:04 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,459,619 times
It might be too soon to ask, but it is not too soon to let her know your feelings. An alternative to popping the question could consist of a series of conversations about your mutual feelings about marriage and will allow both of you to gradually see if you are well-suited to marry one another. Honestly, if more people approached the union in that manner we might see fewer divorces later.

You could start by asking her what she is looking for in a partner and what kind of person would she be? Be honest. Then take your time till you've discussed the tough subjects and then come to an agreement on the future of your relationship.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:06 PM

18,397 posts, read 19,027,378 times
yes too soon to ask. just tell her you hope you have a future together and how much you are enjoying being with her. take it slow and steady being married is about the long haul. you don't want to scare her off

Old 01-27-2012, 06:31 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,849,637 times
Thanks for the feedback peeps, I think I might do what you suggested ellie. It is a scary prospect popping the question, I am only 22 and half a year ago marriage was the last thing on my mind now I am seriously considering my future! I think my mind might explode lol

Thanks again guys.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:38 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,737 times
In three short months there is no possible way for you to know everything about her that would help you make an intelligent decision. If you want a relationship that lasts, don't be in a hurry, give it a year or longer. Having a child in the mix that is hers complicates things. You have no idea how much trouble a child can cause between two people, and usually it is just a matter of time. Right now everyone, including yourself, is on their best behavior, that will not last. If you think I'm wrong, go ahead and get married. I can almost guarantee you will be sorry you rushed things.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:44 PM

24 posts, read 81,543 times
Way too soon. Give it at least a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships