Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2012, 09:26 AM

733 posts, read 1,664,023 times

Advertisements

Don't see anything wrong with that. They are both adults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 09:27 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
When I was 26, I had one date with a 19-year-old. I had no idea the difference in maturity, tastes, etc., that seven-year difference meant.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:43 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
yay all the way.

I have no problem with it at all (as long as were all adults).

People don't blink or object to cougar's dating 18/19 yr old men, so why should it be any different in this case? I'd say for a man the ideal partner is at least 7-5 years younger than him.
Cougars are "empowered" so according to women, that is good.

A man over 25, looking for younger women is acknowledging that the field his age has been well picked over. After all, men average a few years older than their wives. According to women, this is bad.

Women who have a difficult time settling or who have few prospects should always have their pick of the crop, according to women. More and more men are opting out of this paradigm.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Many men and women go through heartache and pain in their life without becoming bitter. Being young has little to do with your core personality.

I see plenty of late teen, early twenties young women coming through our ED and let me tell you, lots of them have sour attitudes or feel entitled. I can't imagine they are going to be your pretty little sweet, innocent girlfriend that's for sure.

It is a pure misnomer that life hardens you.
I don't agree. Thuis is certainly contrary to what I've seen. BTW, being entitled and being embittered by being used for many years are two completely different things.

Most men today are smart enough to realize that they have no hope with the entitlement princesses. Leave them to the wealthy guys and those guys who are very good looking. They hate the rest of us anyway and if they have the chance, will stab you in the back.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:50 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
Most men today are smart enough to realize that they have no hope with the entitlement princesses. Leave them to the wealthy guys and those guys who are very good looking.

I don't want them any more than you.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:52 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
The point I was trying to make is people can suck at any age, both men and women. Look at all the younger, bitter guys who post on this forum for a start, they're hardly the epitome of youthful exuberance and positivity.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:56 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
The point I was trying to make is people can suck at any age, both men and women. Look at all the younger, bitter guys who post on this forum for a start, they're hardly the epitome of youthful exuberance and positivity.
And for guys who talk about how older women are entitled, they certainly believe that they're entitled to a hot young thing who's too inexperienced to see through their crap.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:01 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And for guys who talk about how older women are entitled, they certainly believe that they're entitled to a hot young thing who's too inexperienced to see through their crap.
Oh the good old double standard

But there's always an excuse for it isn't there

Old 02-02-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I certainly haven't seen this line of reasoning. It is the young ones who are the most entitled. They usually have reasons for this but sometimes their lack of experience can lead them to go for the "wrong" men to have their entitlement fully satisfied. The most obvious case is the young woman supporting a good looking guy who cannot seem to get and/or keep a job.

What eventually happens is that as they age, their sense of entitlement declines, if at all, far more slowly than do the reasons that they originally had a reason to feel entitled.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:26 PM

143 posts, read 477,889 times
I did it for 6 months. 25 dating a 19 year old. Maturity level was definitely an issue. We got along great, but there was an unevenness to the relationship. I am starting my career and he was a college sophomore. It was fun reliving college. We were compatible, but the maturity thingbwore down on both of us. We broke up and unlike past relationships decided to remain friends. He looks up to me as a role model.

Now I'm dating someone 6 year older than me. Same age difference, but we are both at similar places in life which works better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships