Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 06:16 PM

27 posts, read 76,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Excuse me...but there is white American opinion , along with black American opinion in this thread as well. This is just NOT a black American thread going on....sorry MRS. ALEXANDRIA 2000.
This dynamic really involves black American men and women. Not sure what your input is, but the question is, why do some black American men apply broad stereotypes to all black American women?

Old 01-28-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
As a caucasian male, i cant tell you first hand, but I did notice a major barrier and divide between AA men and AA women. I dont now why it is or how it came about, just find it somewhat unnatural and sort of odd.
I find it unnatural too. The funny part is, offline, I don't really see this. I am wondering if the disgruntled people just say this stuff online.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
I honestly think alot of black men have some type of inbred hatred for their own women. Its hard to explain but I see it everyday.
I am picking up on this theme, but primarily online.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:21 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria2000 View Post
I find it unnatural too. The funny part is, offline, I don't really see this. I am wondering if the disgruntled people just say this stuff online.
Right on. I think online people tend to say exactly how they feel, having the safety of anonymity on their side, while they may be more reserved in face to face situations. With all the bad that goes on the world of world wide webs, there are some positives as well.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Right on. I think online people tend to say exactly how they feel, having the safety of anonymity on their side, while they may be more reserved in face to face situations. With all the bad that goes on the world of world wide webs, there are some positives as well.
But don't you find it strange that some black American guys are quick to criticize black women as if they are all great? That's so strange to me.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:28 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,871 times
Quote:
But don't you find it strange that some black American guys are quick to criticize black women as if they are all great? That's so strange to me.
Ive seen it online, but also never in a real life situation. I tend to not put too much weight into online opinions and debates that arent reflected in real life, because you never truly know who it is thats voicing their opinion. But if I observed it in real life situation, it would most definitely be strange and unnatural.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:41 PM

186 posts, read 475,046 times
why do you care?? why make this thread??? All you're going to get out of this is generalizations....

seriously stop focusing so much on race, and start focusing on the individual.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:44 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,737,657 times
Quote:
I am a black American woman, but I've never really felt compelled (until now) to ask a few black American guys on City Data, why they have such a low opinion of black American women? It's very odd that many black American guys put down black American women, without acknowledging that people are people. You have good and bad, rich and poor and everything in between. Given all of the stereotypes that black American guys face, it just seems strange that so many are quick to use stereotypes to describe black American women. Especially since, black American women are out achieving black American men in record numbers.
EVERY black man doesn't have a low opinion, of black women. Did you grow up in a single parent home? Does your father feel that way, about your mother? Maybe black men respond to you that way, because you approach them, that way. Take your own advice, and realize there are good guys, and bad.

Last edited by Just1Fan; 01-28-2012 at 08:08 PM..

Old 01-28-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
EVERY black man doesn't feel that way. Did you grow up in a single parent home? Does your father feel that way, about your mother? Maybe black men respond to you that way, because you approach them, that way. Take your own advice, and realize there are good guys, and bad.
No, I've noticed this mostly online, not offline. There's a black guy sgtwilliepete who has thousands of videos stereotyping black women and he has quite the following.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:51 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,236,354 times
This strikes me as nothing more than an attempt at perpetuating another black gender war. Give it a rest already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships