Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 09:56 AM

31,074 posts, read 22,086,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppsyout View Post
It was cold last night and I put on a hat before going out to movie with bf,
Bf looked at me and said" you look fobbish in that hat", and today when i was trying on some outfit he said I looked promiscuous in that outfit. I was super mad about the comments. I thought those were insulting comments and he said he's just being honest.

Don't know how to react to this one.

And here's me in the outfit if anyone wonders.
Looks perfect for going out with friends or to dinner in: Looks well thought out "Shows just enough with out really showing anything" Hell, your wearing 2 shirts, how revealing can it be. I put it in the "Classy, but a little sexy class".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 11:05 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
It was cold last night and I put on a hat before going out to movie with bf,
Bf looked at me and said" you look fobbish in that hat", and today when i was trying on some outfit he said I looked promiscuous in that outfit. I was super mad about the comments. I thought those were insulting comments and he said he's just being honest.

Don't know how to react to this one.

And here's me in the outfit if anyone wonders.
You look great...I think you would no matter what you wear.....don't let what your (trying to be controlling) boyfriend says about your attire upset you......maybe you could tell him to keep his criticisms about your clothes to himself.....too bad that he's being such an insecure jerk.....he probably wouldn't be happy unless you wore some kind of a nuns habit.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:26 AM

526 posts, read 955,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Any office I ever worked in would send someone home to change if she came in with a skirt that short. That skirt is for clubbing, not an office.

I do think the boyfriend is rude, though.
I agree with you now. She changed the picture after I typed that comment. The outfit was laying on bed when she first opened this thread. Now that I see it on her, there's not office I've ever worked on where womeone would dress like that. It's more of a "going out" outfit, cute IMO, but is not "promiscuous" at all.

OP, I still think your boyfriend was very rude. If a boyfriend of mine ever uses the words "promiscuous" or "prostitute" to describe me, he'd have my 5 long fingers tatooed in his face for a while .

Old 01-30-2012, 11:44 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
I agree with you now. She changed the picture after I typed that comment. The outfit was laying on bed when she first opened this thread. Now that I see it on her, there's not office I've ever worked on where womeone would dress like that. It's more of a "going out" outfit, cute IMO, but is not "promiscuous" at all.

OP, I still think your boyfriend was very rude. If a boyfriend of mine ever uses the words "promiscuous" or "prostitute" to describe me, he'd have my 5 long fingers tatooed in his face for a while .
If you do that, I hope you are prepared to have his 5 fingers tattooed on your face for awhile. Not saying it's right, don't hit anyone if you don't wanna get hit back.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:05 PM

213 posts, read 823,278 times
I'm surprised no one made a point to discuss how poorly put together the outfit is in the first place--I'm definitely no fashionista, but I'm oddly slightly bothered by that white long-sleeve under a 3/4 cardigan. First of all, the skirt is way too short for casual wear (more suitable for clubbing as other posters mentioned), and the cardigan would look more stylish if paired with a white lace camisole underneath instead + dark skinny jeans and some cute flats or sandals.

Just throwin' that out there...

Old 01-30-2012, 04:20 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,647 times
I feel your pain ppsyout, but are there other problems? On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being the best) rate your relationship, before these two incidents occurred.

Last edited by Just1Fan; 01-30-2012 at 04:54 PM..

Old 01-30-2012, 08:03 PM

66 posts, read 123,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
You look great...I think you would no matter what you wear.....don't let what your (trying to be controlling) boyfriend says about your attire upset you......maybe you could tell him to keep his criticisms about your clothes to himself.....too bad that he's being such an insecure jerk.....he probably wouldn't be happy unless you wore some kind of a nuns habit.
Thank you for replying. Oddly though, my bf is definitly not at all insecure. If anything, I'm the one who's insecure(at times) because of him drooling over/checking out other women.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambazon View Post
I'm surprised no one made a point to discuss how poorly put together the outfit is in the first place--I'm definitely no fashionista, but I'm oddly slightly bothered by that white long-sleeve under a 3/4 cardigan. First of all, the skirt is way too short for casual wear (more suitable for clubbing as other posters mentioned), and the cardigan would look more stylish if paired with a white lace camisole underneath instead + dark skinny jeans and some cute flats or sandals.

Just throwin' that out there...
Thank you, I would try that

Old 01-30-2012, 08:17 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,724 times
Quote:
Thank you for replying. Oddly though, my bf is definitly not at all insecure. If anything, I'm the one who's insecure(at times) because of him drooling over/checking out other women.

I think you'd be surprised to learn that people that need to use demeaning language in order to convey an opinion are the real insecure ones. Lowering your self-esteem and self-worth, by putting you down and making you second guess yourself, is their way of trying to control you.

Constructive criticism is welcome in a relationship and should be just that, constructive.... not destructive.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I would like to say you have an amazing body.

With that being said when I first saw the picture I went *GASP!* I suppose it was because of the skirt. You would have had alot of attention and stares from the opposite sex with that outfit on. I think that is why your boyfriend said that comment.

This guy sounds very blunt to me. He may have had the same reaction that I had but he just came right out and said the way he saw your outfit as.

Like alot of people said on here you cannot be over sensitive with those remarks. I don't think he was trying to be mean he just wanted to tell you how he saw you.

I am a firm believer in allowing others to wear or be whomever they want to be. For one person to wear something that I personally wouldn't wear is not for me to judge them.

However, having a girlfriend that wears an outfit like that shows she has confidence and has no problem showing off how great of a body she has. However, I would find the evening hard to enjoy watching other men gawk at the one I care about in a purely sexual way.
It's nice to have a man's perspective on this one, and your reply did make me feel better thinking that he probably didn't mean to hurt my feelings.

He always liked me to dress pretty, he wouldnt mind if I dress sexy either. So I thought his comments says.1. he doesn't respect me. 2. He doesn't care what he says might hurt me. Those facts behind the comments was what's hurting.

Bf said it's a language barrie thing, any native english speaker wouldn't take it as offensive/insulting he said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships