Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 08:29 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,900,987 times

Advertisements

Me and this woman are both married with kids. Been texting back and forth. Talk from everything from interests to sex to just about everything. I married my wife simply for the sake of my son. Tried for a long time to fall in love with my wife...ain't gonna happen. I know where this is headed and really don't mind. Anyone else in this situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 08:47 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Me and this woman are both married with kids. Been texting back and forth. Talk from everything from interests to sex to just about everything. I married my wife simply for the sake of my son. Tried for a long time to fall in love with my wife...ain't gonna happen. I know where this is headed and really don't mind. Anyone else in this situation?
No I have never been this situation. It sounds a shame for the son in the middle. You should just divorce her already so she can get on with figuring out how she's going to feed that kid, while you and your lady friend are sexting.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:48 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,085 times
Yes, I am married to man I don't lovel. He can be contolling and used to be verbally and sometimes physically abusive tome..... he promised to change and he has been fine for a while now,. But, during his bad patch - I fell for a divorced man. I haven't done anytihing,. But the attraction is there. We have massive chemistry. Tempting. But, I am a christian, so I cannot do anything, although I know i don't love my husband.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:51 PM

1,751 posts, read 3,689,217 times
Yes, I was in this situation...my husband was cheating on me. I threw him out so I could have some self respect in front of my children. That beats the hell out of 'staying together for the sake of the children'

Please have the balls to walk away from your marriage politely, with your head held high. You don't really need your girl friend as a safety net or an excuse. If you can both get out of your unhappy marriages, then start dating, you will have more respect for yourself and her.

But if you start a relationship as a cheater, with a cheater, guess who is going to get cheated on next?

Old 02-10-2012, 09:01 PM

11,370 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Yes, I am married to man I don't lovel. He can be contolling and used to be verbally and sometimes physically abusive tome..... he promised to change and he has been fine for a while now,. But, during his bad patch - I fell for a divorced man. I haven't done anytihing,. But the attraction is there. We have massive chemistry. Tempting. But, I am a christian, so I cannot do anything, although I know i don't love my husband.
Don't you think the honest thing to do in this case is to divorce him?

Here's some food for thought:

If being a Christian means you must live a lie and stay with someone even though you are being abused then I'm even more glad I'm an atheist.

You have the power to improve your one and only life. I suggest you do it.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:03 PM

11,370 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
If you don't mind me asking ---

Why did you have a kid with her?

Old 02-10-2012, 09:10 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post

If being a Christian means you must live a lie and stay with someone even though you are being abused then I'm even more glad I'm an atheist.

He has stopped being abusive and has shown real repentance....genuine. So, I am being merciful - as a christian should be, forgiving....and asking God to help me 1 - have Love for a husband who killed any love I had. 2 - help me resisit this other man, who likes me too......

Yes, you are an athiest but I do love God, and I must do what is right. In Gods sight. I have one life to live, this is a big test. If I he is abusive again - I will go. I will divorce him. But so far he has been good. It is a very difficult time for me. Life is not fair sometimes, but if you talkthe talk you got to walk the walk.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:11 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:

Even Christians get divorced. Quit using your manmade religion as an excuse to stay in an abusive marriage.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:12 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post

It does NOT mean you have to stay in an abusive marriage, using the religion card is an excuse not to put on your big girl panties and get out of the situation before it kills you.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:13 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
He has stopped being abusive and has shown real repentance....genuine. So, I am being merciful - as a christian should be, forgiving....and asking God to help me 1 - have Love for a husband who killed any love I had. 2 - help me resisit this other man, who likes me too......

Yes, you are an athiest but I do love God, and I must do what is right. In Gods sight. I have one life to live, this is a big test. If I he is abusive again - I will go. I will divorce him. But so far he has been good. It is a very difficult time for me. Life is not fair sometimes, but if you talkthe talk you got to walk the walk.
He's off the rails. Divorce him. You and God can sort that out later, sure He will forgive you for this one. He is known for forgiving people for much, much worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships