Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 10:42 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times

Advertisements

The worse piece of relationship advice I have ever heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by introspective1 View Post
I hate how people act like age 30 is a deadline for finding a mate or else your life is over. smh
Indiana really is a southern state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 10:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
i wonder why she felt u needed to hear this info asap and take action?
maybe she is happy about being pregnant and wants others to experience something that she feels is important to life?
on the other hand maybe she envies your freedom?

Old 02-22-2012, 07:17 AM

1,081 posts, read 1,813,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
The worse piece of relationship advice I have ever heard!

Indiana really is a southern state.
It is...and don't get me started on the high level of racism here (not that it doesn't exist all over, but....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i wonder why she felt u needed to hear this info asap and take action?
maybe she is happy about being pregnant and wants others to experience something that she feels is important to life?
on the other hand maybe she envies your freedom?

No she was trying to force her views on me that she thinks everyone should be married and settled down by 30. whatever...I swear...people make me so sick. If someone doesn't live "traditionally" , people feel like something is wrong with you and they need to shove their views on life in your face. I hope someone throws some hot oatmeal on her for giving some bull**** advice like that.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:52 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
I am not married and have no kids, and currently plan to be that way for the rest of my life. I am perefectly content with my life the way it is, and find much happiness in everyday things. The social pressure though is ridiculous and it seems like every day i have to answer questions on whether Im gay, whats wrong with me etc etc? Why are people so shortsighted and caught up in living their life up to someone elses standards?

Old 02-22-2012, 01:47 PM

865 posts, read 1,489,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by introspective1 View Post
Where I work at , most of us are in our 20's. I am 29 and single. will be 30 in october. The other day a female co-worker who is 7 months pregnant (she is 27) and knows how old I am, told me, "ya know, you should go out and have random sex with a woman so you can have a child because if not, since you are almost 30, you will end up single and lonely the rest of your life."

I was so shocked that I couldn't even get out any words at first. In the back of mind I was thinking," Please do me a favor and GO TO HELL" ...I so badly wanted to say that....

A few minutes later , I did tell her that is a selfish and TERRIBLE reason to have a child. She said," people have kids for selfish reasons all the time"... I was like "ok" and walked away..I didn't have time to argue with her.

I hate how people act like age 30 is a deadline for finding a mate or else your life is over. smh
Say to her, "wow, you are looking kinda big for 7 months, twins, right?"

Old 02-22-2012, 02:54 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,939,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
30. He told me no man over 30 would ever date a woman in her 30s, that they would only go out with women in their 20s.

I know it was bs, but it was surprising.
Yeah, that's complete bs.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:05 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
I am not married and have no kids, and currently plan to be that way for the rest of my life. I am perefectly content with my life the way it is, and find much happiness in everyday things. The social pressure though is ridiculous and it seems like every day i have to answer questions on whether Im gay, whats wrong with me etc etc? Why are people so shortsighted and caught up in living their life up to someone elses standards?
I am in the same boat as you lol. It is much worse if you are South/East Asian.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:35 PM

30 posts, read 34,983 times
I think the odds are against you if you marry and start having kids before the age of 30. I know very few people that married and had kids after the age of 30 then divorced. 2 couples is all I can think of that did but they had been married before. I think people make better choices if they wait, by then they know what they want and what they're looking for in a person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships