Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2012, 01:56 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterclinger View Post
and who are these "men" that are bypassing you for the freshly blossomed 21 year olds? My guess is that these are not men at all, but rather immature boys. Real men don't usually run after 21 year old females unless they are close to that age themselves. Real men appreciate women of any age, because they look at the person within and not the age.........
Whether or not they're real men, I personally won't be the judge; everyone has preferences. But I WILL say, what's the percentage in wishing for a man who could never want you based on one specific thing you can't change? Nothing will change his mind or his feelings and that's no problem...there are other men out there.

IMO.

Last edited by JerZ; 02-23-2012 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: Real men, not real mean! Typo

Old 02-23-2012, 02:00 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
A woman is no where near her prime at 25.
Women keep getting better with self-awareness.

They may be physically hotter when they're younger, but ultimately, it's not that important.
Character is.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:06 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
A woman is no where near her prime at 25.
Women keep getting better with self-awareness.

They may be physically hotter when they're younger, but ultimately, it's not that important.
Character is.

This is so true. Looks fade with "EVERYBODY". Which begs the question, what do you want to be left with? A person who only cares about what they look like and focuses their whole life on superficial things, or someone that is sweet, kind, generous and has a good heart? To me it's not even a question. Somebody better have some character or else I wouldn't bother. And let me make this clear. What I'm saying has nothing to do with good looking or average people. It's an all around people thing. There are very beautiful women with great hearts. As well as their are many average girls who are satans spawn.. So please don't make this a good looking/ average comparison..It's all about the insides, good looking or not.

I just had to make that claim, because I hate when people stereotype beautiful people as low character, mean, cold, etc. Then they characterize average women as the salt of the earth..That's b.s. Character is an individual thing. It has little to do with looks..

Old 02-23-2012, 02:08 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
Most 40 year old women are jealous of 20-somethings, it's just they're too proud to admit it. How many billions of dollars do 40+ year old women spend on cosmetic surgery, botox, wrinkle-removing lotions, etc?? They don't spend it so they can continue to look their age, do they. Have you ever heard of a 22 year old saying she wished she could look 45?

And put a bunch of middle-aged women in a room together, within a few minutes they'll be talking about the age-old topic of an older man leaving his wife for a much younger woman, probably the most popular topic among middle-aged women. You don't find younger women talking about fear of a 50 year old woman stealing her bf.

The jealousy is one-sided
You and I hang out in very different circles.

Nobody that I know of gets botox and plastic surgery. I use cream on my face everyday with spf 15 to avoid sun exposure. Skin cancer runs in the family and I also use it because my skin is dry...other than that I have no beauty secrets or rituals to make me look younger.

And most 40-somethings are NOT jealous of a 20-something because we are settled in our own skin and have a confidence that is just not found in the 20-somethings. We've been there, done that and there's no point in repeating the past. However, I've had a LOT of younger girls say they were envious of my life...husband, house, kids, stability and enough money to do whatever the flip we want..etc. I never said they want to LOOK like us...they'll get there soon enough.

But that's the difference between your opinion and mine....you think because a male feels that looks are a top priority, that women feel the same way. You are mistaken. Of course we all want to look good for our age but most of us are smart enough to realize we WILL age.

And nobody I know has a husband that has left his wife for a younger woman either...in the majority of the failed marriages in my circle, the wife left because her husband turned into a fat, lazy slob and now he's the one crying "poor me". I think you watch too much TV.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:09 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
with the quarterlife crisis comes another for twenty five year old girls everywhere; fear of fading youth. though technically we have 5 more years of perky youthfulness on our side, it is hard to look sideways when the men we want to date seem to bypass us for the freshly blossomed 21 year olds joining the dating pool.
so what do you, smart nerdy men at city-data think of 25 year old girls? Are they past their prime?How at this point in their life should they be navigating the dating pool to capitalize most of whats left of their beauty and youth?

These would be the same smart, nerdy, 50 year old men who think with their beer belly and man boobs they are a gift to women who are 25 who lust after them and not their money?

hahahahahahahaha............

PS -- Not all smart, nerdy 50 year old men have a beer belly and man boobs (disclaimer)

Old 02-23-2012, 02:47 PM

437 posts, read 925,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
No way.

Can't speak for the older ladies out there but I would hope that at the age of 30 or so that whatever man you are with can at least afford to hire out the extra work and can provide you with a sense of comfort and luxury.
Seriously?!?! By age 30, I hope you "older" ladies out there can afford to provide yourselves with a sense of comfort and luxury. It is not a man's responsibility to support you and "hire out" your extra work. I would like to say to many of the posters in this thread, "The 1950's called. They would like their attitudes toward gender roles back." Sheesh....

Old 02-23-2012, 02:50 PM

674 posts, read 1,161,592 times
I disagree. Women are by no means past their prime at 25 years old, that is ridiculous!

They're past their prime much closer to 30.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:53 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
I disagree. Women are by no means past their prime at 25 years old, that is ridiculous!

LOL!!! - Like around 27?

Old 02-23-2012, 02:57 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
It's seriously disturbing to me that some people actually belive that a womans peak prime is
at twenty five.

I feel the same way. This might have been true in 1950. And I'd like to say something about the sexual revolution of the 1960's. Isn't it interesting that during that era, no one was worried about whether a woman was moving "past her prime" or any such nonsense as that; all the men wanted to know was if a women was "free" "did she swing" "was she into those groovy situations" In other words, would they be permitted to use her sexually as much as they cared to. No one was worried about whether the woman was being used up.

Now we have men wondering out loud about what point of age constitutes a woman being past her "prime"

Some men are SUCH hypocrites!

Old 02-23-2012, 02:57 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships