Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2012, 12:27 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times

Advertisements

So - what I'm getting from this thread is that almost everyone thinks that it's complete idiocy that a woman past 25 would be past her prime. There are a few vocal men on here who apparently think that once a woman hits 25, her face sags, she gets cellulite, she balloons up, and basically should just shrivel up and die. And these men seem to be single, over 25, and from their posts, fairly bitter and unhappy... Oh - and one of them likes high school girls. Okay. Carry on!

Old 05-03-2012, 12:27 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'm not quite sure I get it... Did you now conclude that men go for fat AND old women?
I think she's saying that 28, 35, even 40 aren't "old".

Old 05-03-2012, 12:36 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
If were going to 100% honest, a lot of the women who say they don't date men who are rich couldn't get a rich man to actually want to date them. They're probably not attractive enough. I've never seen a rich or famous man with an ugly or fat woman

So when I hear girls that say, "well my man only makes 40K a year and I'm still with him"

That's because it's probably the best you can do. And theres nothing wrong with that. But just put things in perspective

Old 05-03-2012, 12:40 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
If were going to 100% honest, a lot of the women who say they don't date men who are rich couldn't get a rich man to actually want to date them. They're probably not attractive enough. I've never seen a rich or famous man with an ugly or fat woman

So when I hear girls that say, "well my man only makes 40K a year and I'm still with him"

That's because it's probably the best you can do. And theres nothing wrong with that. But just put things in perspective
If that's how you see things - that's fine. When I was dating a poor guitar player - I turned down guys who made a lot of money all the time. I'm a musical theatre performer. I have a lot more in common with people in the same industry on my own level than I do with CEO's, surgeons, lawyers, etc. There is so much more that goes into a relationship than how hot a girl is or how much money a guy makes. Of course, most of the people who have figured this out are generally in good relationships and are not bitter or hell bent on putting down the opposite sex.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:41 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Well said. Finally a woman who not only admits it but also has the right healthy attitude about it.
Thanks. I assume you disagree with the premise that a woman's "prime" years are generally her greatest asset, as far as marriage and childbirth are concerned? Because it makes sense to me that a woman risking her greatest asset would appreciate a symbol from a man of his commitment and ability to provide for the family, such as receiving an engagement ring, and you seem to vehemently disagree with the idea. If a man's prime years extend far beyond a woman's, what is he risking that compares? A couple grand (if that--some women like me don't have a ring at all) don't seem to measure up to what a woman risks by taking herself off the market in her prime years.

Of course, if you disagree that women are ever past their prime and can date, marry and have children at an equal pace to men, I can see why you wouldn't believe that a woman risks more than a man.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:43 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
Quote:

LOL, there's just something about rich men that is a huge turn off. not sure why. Regardless, when I lived in LA, every time we went out, we had rich men throwing money at us and buying us expensive drinks and buying VIP tables. It was nuts but we knew exactly what we were doing and felt that if these men were going to be stupid enough to think money was going to work on us, then fine..why not take advantage of it. We just enjoyed the treatment for the night and never saw them again. They were mostly old men and unattractive to boot. Same thing as a men that takes advantage of a girl dumb enough to sleep with him just cause he said a few sweet nothings to her.

Also, 40k a year is not bad at all. Its more than enough to survive on where I live and still have enough money left to travel a little.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:46 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
So - what I'm getting from this thread is that almost everyone thinks that it's complete idiocy that a woman past 25 would be past her prime. There are a few vocal men on here who apparently think that once a woman hits 25, her face sags, she gets cellulite, she balloons up, and basically should just shrivel up and die. And these men seem to be single, over 25, and from their posts, fairly bitter and unhappy... Oh - and one of them likes high school girls. Okay. Carry on!
LOL Very funny, Dew. The whole thread is pretty funny, which is good for me since I've been having a crappy afternoon. Everything within 10 ft of me is breaking.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:47 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
That's the point I've been making (sort of). People only get the best they can, which is usually on par with their own qualities. And there isn't anything wrong with it. Although, there are a few men on this forum who do not like the reality of it.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:52 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:

How many rich and/or famous men do you know? In my dating years there werent many rich men around. The ones that were had been married for years. I've dated guys that were well off compared to most, poor musicians, college students, business owners, etc.

If your not rich yourself you most likely dont run in the same circles as the rich. You would have to actively hunt down rich available men. I think they call that gold digging.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:59 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:

Yeah, I like honesty, too. It's in short supply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships