Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 11:37 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times

Advertisements

Every man or woman who isn't polyamorous has control issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 12:09 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_lostone View Post
Me and my girlfriend have been dating for over a year. She started seeing this doctor because she said she has trust issues. The doctor told her that she should break up with me and be without me to gain trust. She did and told me she wanted to get back with me after she fixed herself. I asked her if she was going to hook up with anyone she said i plan on getting really drunk friday and im not sure whats going to happen. I snapped and said she needed to leave.

A couple days go by she is telling me she misses me she loves me etc. Fast forward to friday (yesterday) she texts me throughout the night asking me what i'm doing apparently she went on my facebook and saw in a conversation that i was going out with a few friends. She calls me later that night tells me nothing happened and she misses me and loves me.

She calls me this morning randomly saying she wants to get back with me that she misses me and loves me so much i'm thinking everythings great. When she gets to my house she goes "i need to tell you something" apparently she got really drunk last night and hooked up with some guy at the party. She says that it was only because she was drunk and it showed her how much she REALLY loves me and wants to be with me. I had her call the kid tell him that what happened last night was only a mistake (yeah she got his number) and i told her that she is not going out to any partys any more with her **** friends (which they are) without me.

I'm really not sure what to do here. One side of me is telling me to forgive her she came clean and she really seems sorry the other said feels betrayed and crushed and just says move on.

Any advice here?

PS. her friends are telling her that its okay because she was single but in my eyes she really wasn't and its not okay because she still talking to me telling me she loves me and misses me basically stringing me along.
Good Lord!!! Dude, don't be a simp.

You know what you need to do. If you take her back, then she'll see you as a sucker for the rest of the relationship.

Are you in a small town? Is there only a handful of girls in your area that you could date and she's one of them?

Be a fool if you want to.

I

Old 02-25-2012, 12:25 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Were you guys actually broken up? It wasn't clear to me that you were, it sounded like she said she just wanted some alone time, not break up. If you guys were actually broken up, then you should have hooked up with someone that night at the club. Are you guys still broken up? Hopefully you haven't taken her back yet. First, tell her you need to think about it because what she did is really hurtful and you don't know if you can trust her. Make her work for your approval. And while you and her are not yet together, hopefully, go out and have sex with some other woman. THEN and only then can you take her back.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:03 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Were you guys actually broken up? It wasn't clear to me that you were, it sounded like she said she just wanted some alone time, not break up. If you guys were actually broken up, then you should have hooked up with someone that night at the club. Are you guys still broken up? Hopefully you haven't taken her back yet. First, tell her you need to think about it because what she did is really hurtful and you don't know if you can trust her. Make her work for your approval. And while you and her are not yet together, hopefully, go out and have sex with some other woman. THEN and only then can you take her back.
Bosco approves.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:08 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
I asked her if she was going to hook up with anyone she said i plan on getting really drunk friday and im not sure whats going to happen.
The 'hooking up' had most likely already happened at this point or she was planning on it. She was just setting up her alibi--that she was too drunk to know what she was doing.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:12 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Anyone who would break a relationship to date other people, only to come crawling back when they discover that the grass was greener where they left - I would never have any contact with again.

If you do, you've got no integrity.

Kick her to the curb.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:15 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Anyone who would break a relationship to date other people, only to come crawling back when they discover that the grass was greener where they left - I would never have any contact with again.

If you do, you've got no integrity.

Kick her to the curb.
I'd say it has more to do with dignity and other things than integrity.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:31 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times
What I can tell you is, this kind of manipulative nonsense, especially when assisted by excuses of excessive alcohol consumption where getting drunk is the "destination", only worsens over time.

I'd like to save you time and frustration by simply saying "get out".

Old 02-25-2012, 03:12 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Okay, I'm starting a pool she does this again when she desires a hook up.
Who's in?

Old 02-25-2012, 03:14 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Okay, I'm starting a pool she does this again when she desires a hook up.
Who's in?

It's probably already happened.

How about a pool to see how many times he takes her back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships