Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 01:25 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpow View Post
So anyways, on the morning of Valintine's Day,

So I drew up a silly little card with a funny cartoon character that said "I love you lots...Happy Valintine's Day."

The next day I walked up to her and asked her if she got my card. She gave me the most evil look that I have ever seen and would not talk to me. She has been acting that way for the last couple of weeks. I can't even say hi to her without her giving me a dirty look and walking right past me.
I can't think of anything that I did to upset her. I'm not a creepy looking stalker or anything like that. Why would a girl act this way?
You spelled Valentine wrong.

[kidding - ask her how she's doing and see how it goes]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 04:48 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Oh man...if some **** treats you like crap of a misspelling...

Who cares if she is gay or not. She is just a flat out ******* if that is the case.

Guess what...my s.o. step mom misspelled his name accidentally on a a recent birthday card. But because we are all NORMALish we just laughed about it. Now its a running joke and he spelled her name wrong on this years card for her. LOL

**** those drama *******...

They don't know how to have fun. They just know how to drain the crap out of most everyone around them.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:03 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
A Teb Mosby.

Either way, just play it off like it was nothing and act like it was light hearted.. make her the jerk for being so serious about it and then stay away from a girl who reacts like that!

Old 03-01-2012, 02:11 AM

317 posts, read 496,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Their ego cannot handle that she doesn't want them, so she must be a lesbo. I have heard it a million times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
LOL..oh, I know. I guess I was being more rhetorical . But I've heard them all..."she must be gay"..."maybe she's really a man"..."she can't handle me"...
I have no idea whether or not she is gay. I didn't bring it up as a way to stroke my ego. I think she is very attractive but several of my co-workers truely believe that I offended her because they don't think that she is straight. I'm just looking at all of the possibilities because I don't want situations like this to happen anymore. I've gotten lots of great feedback but none of it will do me any good if I leave out details of the situation. But your sarcastic rep comments were really helpful.

Last edited by dpow; 03-01-2012 at 02:59 AM..

Old 03-01-2012, 02:24 AM

223 posts, read 334,567 times
I Love You Lots struck me as weird considering you haven't even dated, but then in the context of a Valentine's Day card, it can be viewed as cute and silly. Her reaction seems extreme too. She could at least explain herself instead of acting so weird. Well, now that I've used the word "weird" in connection with both of you, maybe you're destined to be a couple.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:59 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
I have no idea whether or not she is gay. I didn't bring it up as a way to stroke my ego. I think she is very attractive but several of my co-workers truely believe that I offended her because they don't think that she is straight. I'm just trying to look at all of the possibilities because I'm trying to make sure that situations like this don't happen anymore. I've gotten lots of great feedback but none of it will do me any good if I'm leaving out the details of the situation. But your sarcastic rep comments were really helpful.
If you thought she was gay or could've been gay, your coworkers are saying she 'might be gay' you sure wasted a lot of time. You never said anything about her possibly being gay in the OP....My rep comment was basically the same thing I said in here: just because she doesn't want you doesn't mean she's gay. But hey whatever...do you!

Old 03-01-2012, 03:27 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
If she was gay, why would her friend try to set her up with you? Surely her friend would know the truth, or at least have some evidence that she was straight before trying to set you up, like, having dated a man before.

I think the gay theory should be eliminated, which leaves the "weirdo" "clingy/pushy" and "not-very-bright" theories still in play.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:04 AM

19,721 posts, read 20,250,128 times
That's it! Time to quit your job and move!

Old 03-01-2012, 09:01 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
I've been working in a grocery store deli for several months. I've had a huge crush on one of the cashiers. Every time I saw her we got along great. We both have a dry sense of humor and we seem to have really compatable personalities.
So anyways, on the morning of Valintine's Day, her best friend said that she could try to set me up with her. I was about to go home, and the girl that I had a crush on had not arrived to work yet. So I drew up a silly little card with a funny cartoon character that said "I love you lots...Happy Valintine's Day." Her friend said that she would give it to her as soon as she arrived to work.
The next day I walked up to her and asked her if she got my card. She gave me the most evil look that I have ever seen and would not talk to me. She has been acting that way for the last couple of weeks. I can't even say hi to her without her giving me a dirty look and walking right past me.
I can't think of anything that I did to upset her. I'm not a creepy looking stalker or anything like that. Why would a girl act this way?
I would leave this alone. Too many people place harassment charges in the work place. You were in the friend zone. Don't bother her anymore.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:26 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Your problem was getting the best friend involved. Or, letting her involve herself.
Exactly.......you should have given it to her yourself....had you done so...she probably would have reacted much differently...but instead of your feelings being between you and her...you've included others...and that always puts a different spin on things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships