Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 01:23 AM

21 posts, read 17,169 times

Advertisements

Im 22 and have never mated before, should i just start life with a couple different females for a while then find the good girl or just go after the good one and build the family
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 01:44 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Apparently, you're a practicing christian.
You have to follow your own morals to make that decision.

What do you mean by "start life" - get them pregnant?

Why are you pressuring yourself so much?
Try dating first, then take it from there.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Apparently, you're a practicing christian.
You have to follow your own morals to make that decision.

What do you mean by "start life" - get them pregnant?

Why are you pressuring yourself so much?
Try dating first, then take it from there.

By starting life i mean having sex(even though thats not the start of life lol).

Well im in a relationship but im not to sure, the girl is a bit controlling. So im thinking if i should give up on her and just start over

Old 02-29-2012, 01:53 AM

Dating is supposed to be fun.
It's an interviewing process for relationships, marriage, whatever you choose.

If you're not enjoying your time with this person, move on.
You're not forced into being with people, especially those you're not compatible with.
As you date, you're going to learn what resonates with you, and you'll be able to define what you want in a relationship.
You usually do this by learning what you don't want.

You're 22, that's awfully young to be very serious in your search.
Learn about yourself through experiences and as you become more confident you'll find what you're looking for.
Remember, we change as we become more aware of ourselves, so what's good for you today may not be so good for you in 5 years.

As far as sex goes... you'll know when it's right.
When dating, don't force it but don't be afraid of it, either.
Make it enjoyable for both of you.

Remember the first part of my post, have fun!

Last edited by chielgirl; 02-29-2012 at 02:15 AM..

Old 02-29-2012, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Dating is supposed to be fun.
It's an interviewing process for relationships, marriage, whatever you choose.

If you're not enjoying your time with this person, move on.
You're not forced into being with people, especially those you're not compatible with.

Remember the first part of my post, have fun!

But what exactly is fun in your mind? Would it be doing it before marriage type fun or the things you do together and that connection you only feel with the true soulamte without just having sex

Old 02-29-2012, 03:05 AM

I don't believe in this soulmate stuff, so that's out.
Dating is simply a means to find out about yourself and what you want in a mate.

What's fun in my mind would not resemble what's fun for you.
Remember, I'm old as sin and experienced dating in my teens and 20s for fun and learning.
My dating now is for companionship and sex; I have no desire for a relationship.
What do you find fun?

If you just want sex, go to a prostitute; if you're looking for a relationship, you date.

You go to dinner, movies, minature golf, play video games, talk over coffee, take walks, participate in sports, go to concerts, museums, ride bicycles, etc.
Whatever strikes your fancy.

Dating is exploring the universe and finding someone you want to explore that universe with.
You do many of the same things you do with your guy friends, only with a woman.
You're looking for compatibility.

Marriage is more than domestic chores and sex. But there is a lot of the domestic chores after marriage (some people tell me that sex wanes, but that wasn't my experience).
It's having a connection with someone that you can share your life with, it's a partnership.
It's all a process.

None of this is immediate; it's not a roll of the dice.
You have to decide for you what's important.
It's easier and ultimately less painful to find out about your potential mates during the dating process than making a serious commitment and realizing you were wrong down the line.

in the dating process you'll have rejection, both rejecting others and being rejected yourself.
You get up and try again.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:14 AM

395 posts, read 707,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator-Savior7 View Post
Im 22 and have never mated before, should i just start life with a couple different females for a while then find the good girl or just go after the good one and build the family
You're not very clear on your post / ts. It would be better to re-edit what you are trying to say.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:45 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,284,326 times
Quote:
But what exactly is fun in your mind? Would it be doing it before marriage type fun or the things you do together and that connection you only feel with the true soulamte without just having sex
Let's put it this way. If you decide to look for a good girl and start a life, you can never go back and have fun with other girls. Also if you date around first, you will gain experience and learn about relationships which will help you in the long run when you decide to settle down and look for that special someone. One more thing, as you date around with no intentions of looking for "the one", you might end up finding her and it won't be premeditated or forced.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:54 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
You've never "mated"? Birds mate.

That's just such an odd way to put it.

I don't know if this means you've never been on a date or you've never had sex?

Old 02-29-2012, 10:23 AM

391 posts, read 688,325 times
Quote:
Compatibility is what you want first.

Spending time together is what establishes whether you have that.

If you don't then time to move on to someone else. Don't waste time
with someone incompatible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships