Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 08:58 AM

270 posts, read 387,703 times

Advertisements

Few months back I had a situation where the guy basically told me Mod cut: inappropriate language off and he was done with our friendship. He said he was done and was moving on for 2012. It was a tumultuous friendship to begin with ..him being cool and then disappearing cause he found me annoying. I bounced and deleted all contact-cell #. email, FB everything. I was hurt but i moved on. It's two months into the new year and who do i get a text from saying "wassup". I never understand this. If i'm such a bad friend and I'm a "pest" why keep returning. I have not responded and I won't but it always puzzles me. Is this normal for men to do this or just a**holes? I thought we were D-O-N-E....we've never had any kind of sexual relationship so its not like he's getting anything out of it.What gives with this??

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-29-2012 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: Changed thread title: language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 09:13 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,268,149 times
It doesn't sound like your friend is very self aware. He may not realize his own personality faults and only focuses on those of others and may have believed he could "do better" -- then realized he actually couldn't and now he's calling you again.

I think its wise for you not to return his messages. He may do this again and again.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:14 AM

428 posts, read 487,522 times
Don't respond to his text and don't give this fool another thought. Whatever this guy's motive for texting you is, I'm certain it won't benefit you in the least.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:16 AM

270 posts, read 387,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
It doesn't sound like your friend is very self aware. He may not realize his own personality faults and only focuses on those of others and may have believed he could "do better" -- then realized he actually couldn't and now he's calling you again.

I think its wise for you not to return his messages. He may do this again and again.
It's very hurtful and uncomfortable.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:27 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Block

Old 02-29-2012, 09:28 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
He's either a manic-depressive or he just likes to jerk people around.

You seem young in age, if not in maturity. The sooner you realize that there are some people who are not worth your time, the better. If someone does not make you feel good about yourself, then you really don't want to be around them. You'll be happier for it.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:30 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,569,171 times
I would reply reminding him of the situation and then tell him to fork off.
My guess is he is hoping you have forgotten about what was said and intends to charm his way back in your life without apologizing or acknowledgment of what he done.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:18 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
Few months back I had a situation where the guy basically told me Mod cut: inappropriate language off and he was done with our friendship. He said he was done and was moving on for 2012. It was a tumultuous friendship to begin with ..him being cool and then disappearing cause he found me annoying. I bounced and deleted all contact-cell #. email, FB everything. I was hurt but i moved on. It's two months into the new year and who do i get a text from saying "wassup". I never understand this. If i'm such a bad friend and I'm a "pest" why keep returning. I have not responded and I won't but it always puzzles me. Is this normal for men to do this or just a**holes? I thought we were D-O-N-E....we've never had any kind of sexual relationship so its not like he's getting anything out of it.What gives with this??
Not sure what the guys exact problem is, but trust me, he's got one.

I would not look back - move on for you own good, and potentially your safety.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:32 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,966,310 times
He probably left due to another woman and that didn't work out. Then again some people are crazy so be careful when you get back with him.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:46 AM

391 posts, read 688,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
Few months back I had a situation where the guy basically told me Mod cut: inappropriate language off and he was done with our friendship. He said he was done and was moving on for 2012. It was a tumultuous friendship to begin with ..him being cool and then disappearing cause he found me annoying
Perhaps treating you poorly was turning his crank. <shrug>

If you go back for this expect more of the same in the future
with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships