Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 04:42 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,785,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
If society didn’t accept it then why does the media portray women’s violence towards men to be something cute, funny, hilarious, brave, heroic, etc. While having it the other way around creates shock, disgust, etc.? Look at the reaction of people if a man punches a woman in public vs the other way around. Society, generally speaking, accepts and justifies women being violent to men. Sure, there are exceptions.

Just a small example

Reaction To Women Abusing Men In Public - YouTube
Very interesting. I'm surprised more people didn't react to that kind of abuse, the constant and repeated physical blows.

But I think you can't disregard the fact that most of the time, men are stronger than women. A single slap to the face after he says something nasty doesn't register as abuse to me because what does he have to be afraid of?

Mutliple displays of abuse: definitely wrong. A single slap or maybe a punch: legally wrong but doesn't register as a problem to me.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:03 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,752,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Very interesting. I'm surprised more people didn't react to that kind of abuse, the constant and repeated physical blows.

But I think you can't disregard the fact that most of the time, men are stronger than women. A single slap to the face after he says something nasty doesn't register as abuse to me because what does he have to be afraid of?

Mutliple displays of abuse: definitely wrong. A single slap or maybe a punch: legally wrong but doesn't register as a problem to me.
I agree with this post. A woman's slap is hardly felt. I've been slapped by men before and Lord knows they have a hell of a lot more power than women do. It wouldn't justify me to make them eat my fist like I did to the guy who slapped me, that's for damn sure. That guy in the video punched that gal VERY hard. That was a fullhouse punch like what you would do to another man. He's a coward for doing such a thing to a lady.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:20 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,197,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
I once had this happen, I actually got mad but stayed with her for a while longer. She actually gave me a pretty good bruise on the arm lol. We slept apart that night and the next day she apologized. We ended up breaking up for other reasons down the road. (Don't mean playful hitting, more like domestic violence. Or throwing stuff seriously etc)
My dad always told me not to ever hit a person unless you knocked them completely out other wise you'll just P.O. them even more.

I was in a club once and some guy took his hand and smacked me on the ass as hard as he could and it just stung like a mother. Without hesitation or even looking to see who it was I swung around and cracked him right in the nose - blood everywhere. I had no sympathy and just said, "Keep your damn hands off me." It was the first and last time I ever hit someone (except my idiot brothers - but that was silly stuff).

Old 03-19-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post

Notice the LEO in that^ video wasn't alarmed either. I saw that woman flinging her arms and it looked like she was roughing up a mannequin. He was just dead meat and like jelly. That's a far cry from what a man can do...ONCE!

James 'The Sandman' Irvin Flying Knee Knockout - YouTube

Old 03-19-2012, 05:25 PM

Stiff as a board. Look at his ^ toes and hands!

Old 03-19-2012, 06:39 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,814,576 times
What that 6 ft dude did to Snooki was indeed cowardly. He would be wrong too if this was done to an under 5ft guy.
Why do you need to knock-out a much weaker person you can possible kill if you use all your might? It's the same as trying to pick up a fight with an old fart (someone elderly). Sure there are old people that can beat up a young person but that's the minority. Common sense should come first.

Unless they're trying a knife or trying to seriously injure you, then you don't need to overdo it. Plus isn't it assault once you use excessive force?
Example: If you only get slapped but you fully punched back, that's too much.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:44 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,814,576 times
To be honest and no offense but if I saw a woman slapping or throwing a typically weak punch at a man once, I wouldn't see it as dangerous. It's not like the dude will die from that.

At most it's like an annoying 12 year-old were throwing a tantrum and you feel irritated but not a ''Omg, I'm in danger right away, I'm so scared''.

Now if it's a woman throwing killer punches and drawing blood (or kicking him in his testicles and he's on the ground in pain) than that's a different story. I would report that if I saw it or confront her.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:53 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,277,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
To be honest and no offense but if I saw a woman slapping or throwing a typically weak punch at a man once, I wouldn't see it as dangerous. It's not like the dude will die from that.

At most it's like an annoying 12 year-old were throwing a tantrum and you feel irritated but not a ''Omg, I'm in danger right away, I'm so scared''.

Now if it's a woman throwing killer punches and drawing blood (or kicking him in his testicles and he's on the ground in pain) than that's a different story. I would report that if I saw it or confront her.
I think that's what we saw in the first video - her punches did not look effective and he wasn't cowering or trying to get away from her. She just looked like a shrew and he just looked like a weak person all the way around. Personally, I don't think men even take crap like that in public, although they may at home...not with other men looking. They'd walk away, yell back, do something...or so I think.

Serious punches, repeat punches, kicking - I think people would step in. This actress's demeanor wasn't nearly as threatening as his to my way of thinking, or maybe it's just that he was larger than her.

Interesting stuff, though.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:07 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,993 times
I guess I misread the question. No, I've never been hit in a relationship. And if I was, I would use physical methods of self-defense. Forget the double standards.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:10 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Looks like the guy in the video did what he had to do. What he did was justifiable. Snooki was getting all up in his face and her feminized male friends ganged up on him, calling him a punk and using gender in violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships