Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 08:44 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times

Advertisements

The reality is a woman several inches taller , and dozens of pounds heavier, than a man she knows is most often, still far more likely to get hurt by him, than the reverse, if violence occurs. Mens arm tend to be much stronger, and the velocity of their strikes would be much faster. In addition, men tend to have more muscle and stronger bones. That means, from the standpoint of nature, there is a perfectly sound reason why the use of force is subject to a "double standard".

Now a few have mentioned restraining a woman from further violence, and that does make even more sense in some ways, than walking away. Whern one is successfully restrained, they intuitively understand they have less physical power than the other party, and that is a good lesson for a violent woman to learn rather than be the recipient of physical violence. Often, with both men and women, being stopped from inflicting further damage by someone stronger is a valuable lesson opportunity.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:45 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Why are you being so defiant? I know you want to be different and challenge the norms but its not really necessary in this case...a man can defend himself against a woman who hits him, there is no point in him putting his hands on her. He is not in any danger UNLESS she has a gun. But if you hit a woman back who does not have any weapons on her, you are not a real man. You are simply a coward IMO. And I find that men who have this "if a woman hits me I'm gonna punch her back I dont care" attitude are usually abusive men
Yeah, but women don't like the smartarse who laughs at there BEST shot either! There has to be a happy medium here. LOL Don't laugh, right?

Old 03-19-2012, 08:49 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
And I find that men who have this "if a woman hits me I'm gonna punch her back I dont care" attitude are usually abusive men
Which is a good reason I'll be travelling to the UK in the future (good old British folks). I heard they are more respectful than 50% of the ugly younger generation of American men.
I wonder how will a woman react if the guy tells her that on the very few dates or during the relationship?
Hate to say it but it would be over right that day if he said that.

Good luck on finding a woman who will accept you like that and sees herself as ''one of the guys able to take a punch''.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
Which is a good reason I'll be travelling to the UK in the future (good old British folks). I heard they are more respectful than 50% of the ugly younger generation of American men.
I wonder how will a woman react if the guy tells her that on the very few dates or during the relationship?
Hate to say it but it would be over right that day if he said that.

Good luck on finding a woman who will accept you like that and sees herself as ''one of the guys able to take a punch''.
I still can't believe how hard that guy hit Snookie in that Jersey Shore video a few pages back. I've never seen a man punch a woman that hard before in my life.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:03 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
OMG... Of all the violence women can inflict on men. But it's perfectly acceptable in society's eyes. Of course, the only people okay with the double standards are most women and certain men.

And people of the system don't see it as double standards. Luckily there's a hand few of real/normal men and normal women who are aware of these double standards.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:04 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Allow me to pacify those who are screaming "Double standard!" in another way:

People (everyone!) should always resolve disputes in the most peaceful way possible. If you are smaller and weaker than whoever's assaulting you, this may just mean you have to get violent. If you are bigger and stronger than they are, you have more peaceful options at your disposal. Use them. It is the same reason you don't hit a little kid or an elderly man, even if they hit you first. You never hit a person who's smaller and weaker than you. If this happens to be the woman in a man-woman dispute, so be it. No double standard there. Everyone should resolve disputes in the most peaceful way possible.

However, if a large woman is physically assaulting a man who is smaller and weaker, I guess I inadvertently gave him permission to slug her

Old 03-19-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Allow me to pacify those who are screaming "Double standard!" in another way:

People (everyone!) should always resolve disputes in the most peaceful way possible. If you are smaller and weaker than whoever's assaulting you, this may just mean you have to get violent. If you are bigger and stronger than they are, you have more peaceful options at your disposal. Use them. It is the same reason you don't hit a little kid or an elderly man, even if they hit you first. You never hit a person who's smaller and weaker than you. If this happens to be the woman in a man-woman dispute, so be it. No double standard there. Everyone should resolve disputes in the most peaceful way possible.

However, if a large woman is physically assaulting a man who is smaller and weaker, I guess I inadvertently gave him permission to slug her
They don't make them big enough. That is unless you are like 5' 4" or 5' 5" a buck twenty five or thirty. Even those scrappy lil' bastards can hit hard.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
I still can't believe how hard that guy hit Snookie in that Jersey Shore video a few pages back. I've never seen a man punch a woman that hard before in my life.
They're white trash who aren't raised right by parents anymore. They think we're biologically the same as the average man.
If that was true than my guess is we would last 12 endless rounds trading punches. Reality: 1 hard punch and it's game over already so this disproves the ''she can't take a punch like a man'' invented phrases. If she could then she would keep going on and don't stop from there.

Only women that I know that might be able to take punches like a man are Chyna Shryne, Lita, Fabuloose Moolah, Mae Young, Manami Toyota, Alundra Blayze, etc...

In other words: yes there are certain women that can fight and take punches like the average man but very few.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:12 PM

Clay The Carpenter Guida.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
If it's Chyna, a professional female wrestler than yes he can do what it takes to defend himself. Afterall that is really a beast of a woman.
Though, if he losses he'll get humiliated for sure. If he wins, my guess is whiteknights will still come. That's the only single time I'll see it wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships