Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can a good body make up for a bad face?
Yes 25 25.51%
No 38 38.78%
Depends on the face 32 32.65%
Depends on the body 3 3.06%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 05:25 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,837 times

Advertisements

Lol ^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 05:29 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,919 times
depends on whats important to the person..some peopel value bodies more than a face..some people value faces more than a body..and some people value small things like hair, or teeth, or even FEET

Old 03-24-2012, 07:34 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,841,954 times
Some people say you can work out to get a great body,but that's not exactly true either.
Exercise cannot make a women have a nice waist to hip ratio if she never had it,or is apple shaped.
Exercise can only tone,not make bones bigger or smaller.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:39 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,051,714 times
An attractive face can supersede an attractive body. Even with extra weight, an attractive face with shine through. Meanwhile, an plain person with an average body can slim down, look great in a bikini, but still seem "average." if the weight comes back, they'll be plain janes again. Meanwhile, weight can't hide beauty.

Last edited by LexWest; 03-24-2012 at 09:49 PM..

Old 03-24-2012, 10:34 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,229,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
An attractive face can supersede an attractive body. Even with extra weight, an attractive face with shine through. Meanwhile, an plain person with an average body can slim down, look great in a bikini, but still seem "average." if the weight comes back, they'll be plain janes again. Meanwhile, weight can't hide beauty.
It can IMO. Yes, there are some beautiful overweight girls, but more often than not excess weight will show up on the face too and distort the features. If you look at extremely obese women, it's really difficult to even tell what their true facial features looked like without the extra weight, they all look similar with extra fat around the face.

I think the body is often at least as important if not more important than the face. Of course it all depends on the degree of either - a completely deformed face on a smoking body may not necessarily beat out a pretty but slightly chubby or apple-shaped girl, but would probably beat a naturally facially gorgeous yet extremely obese woman. I consider myself pretty average on both counts but overall I think my body's better than my face and it helps increase my overall attractiveness level, imo. And one of the reasons I think is just because the body is more visible as part of the woman's overall image - which is really a key factor. So if a girl has a decent, not even perfect but good enough body, is dressed in stylish and flattering clothes, and has a polished, well-taken-care-of appearance - nice hair, makeup, good skin, nails etc. - she's most likely going to be considered attractive regardless if she has a less-than-perfect face or a few extra pounds. JMO.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:44 PM

395 posts, read 707,455 times
A great personality and sense of humor can make up for a not-so good face and an awesome body. Bad faces are a visual turn off, so it depends on how two ppl get to know one another and on what level.

If it's just all physical, then I don't see a ltr on the horizon unless you bring something else to the table.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:30 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucbrian View Post
A great personality and sense of humor can make up for a not-so good face and an awesome body. Bad faces are a visual turn off, so it depends on how two ppl get to know one another and on what level.
Nowadays, a not-so-good face can be fixed. For some people, it's 1 to 3 procedures. Damn, now I'm starting to sound like a native Californian.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:32 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
elena rubenstein says there are no ugly women only lazy ones.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:09 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,942,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZinniaDreamer View Post
I guess the male critics in the room are all Brad Pitts and George Clooneys, right?
The women at least can use cosmetics, long hair and/or plastic surgery to cover up or mitigate unattractive facial features.

Men are stuck with the faces they are born with.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:13 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
The women at least can use cosmetics, long hair and/or plastic surgery to cover up or mitigate unattractive facial features.

Men are stuck with the faces they are born with.
Who says that? In ultra-ethnic areas like NY and LA, men get plastic surgery, primarily to get rid of ethnic features. I knew a guy who got a nose job and a chin implant between HS and college. It took away a humped nose and a receding chin. It moved him from looking "slightly geeky" to "normal." He is now a successful professional with a family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships